What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I think IRGCs didn’t go with a catamaran design for speed primarily. What is believed by many to be a helipad will be a multipurpose VLS tubes for both air defense and tbm. The empty space (between the two hulls and) under the missiles will be ideal for the heat generated during launch.

I think the missiles will be never seen (but speculated and probably today mass produced and available) finless missiles with TVC. I think the Soleimani class will be pound for pound the most potent vessel in the world.

I base my assumptions on technological enablers already demonstrated by irgc and the fact that they always go for the unconventional solution. Hence firepower should be considered before helipad.

This is just one,right now 3 ships are built in 3 different shipyards..we saw images of two..in two shipyards...third not yet emerged

If I remeber corectlly 3 ships were observed via satallite,and published online by OSINT ,shipyards where ships can be tracked should be Bushehr,Bandar Abas and Qeshm. Ships are estimated to be 66 meters long

Some of images available
ExLJiTjVkAgQ4bK.jpg
Iran-Catamaran-Qeshm-940.jpg
sh.jpg
images5.jpg
Iran-Shipyard-Qeshm-940.jpg

Last edited:
are these ships/catamran have any protection or what is the purpose of these catamaran ....they seems soft targets..

1633793767871.png

1633793789884.png

1633793809479.png

1633793824733.png

DId China leak/sell this large advanced catamaran technology to Iran? just wondering, it seems to be power ful and unique technology, not sure what the source of the tech is. Will still be amazing to see it active and moving.

The ship you use as your example is a terrible one. It was leased by UAE navy, but didn’t have any weapons or defense systems on board.

Shahid Solemani is more like Type 22 class Chinese Ship

View attachment 783308
View attachment 783309
Which defence systems these naval ships use?
If no real defence system, then i fear Israeli (Turkish Anka s size ) UCAVs will have fun in hunting them.
Since these are small, Drones can easily hunt them i guess. India is buying MQ 9 reaper for navy,this can cause serious damage on our FACs since they don't have any proper defence systems.simply we will not be able to send them alone in waters.

Iran should develop Milgem type Corvettes with CAMM ER category defence system in numbers.
Other wise focus on Submarines with advanced terpedos.

Which defence systems these naval ships use?
If no real defence system, then i fear Israeli (Turkish Anka s size ) UCAVs will have fun in hunting them.
Since these are small, Drones can easily hunt them i guess. India is buying MQ 9 reaper for navy,this can cause serious damage on our FACs since they don't have any proper defence systems.simply we will not be able to send them alone in waters.

Iran should develop Milgem type Corvettes with CAMM ER category defence system in numbers.
Other wise focus on Submarines with advanced terpedos.

You clearly don’t understand different classes of ships and what their uses are in warfare. Analysts have already said these can be formidable adversaries if they are equipped right.

Also your mentality is very stuck in a Hollywood video game type of mind state.

But since you don’t even bother using a simple google search, let me answer your question.

The ships are equipped with a CWIS system to protect against small and fast approaching low flying objects. On the air defense side they can be equipped with SM family of missile or even one of Iran’s many types of domestic air defense missiles. Iran also has plenty of radars to choose from to equip on the vessel to track all types of objects.

It really comes down to how Iran decides to equip them. But it has space to pack a decent punch especially for the PG which is narrow shallow body of water.

You clearly don’t understand different classes of ships and what their uses are in warfare. Analysts have already said these can be formidable adversaries if they are equipped right.

Also your mentality is very stuck in a Hollywood video game type of mind state.

But since you don’t even bother using a simple google search, let me answer your question.

The ships are equipped with a CWIS system to protect against small and fast approaching low flying objects. On the air defense side they can be equipped with SM family of missile or even one of Iran’s many types of domestic air defense missiles. Iran also has plenty of radars to choose from to equip on the vessel to track all types of objects.

It really comes down to how Iran decides to equip them. But it has space to pack a decent punch especially for the PG which is narrow shallow body of water.
No need to go so offensive.

Your whole post involves this can be,that can be...
But if these are operational,then tell me which air defence system has been used on these crafts?

Like i said these can be valuable for support role to larger warships but will have almost zero role in offensive strike because enemies UCAVs can easily hunt these crafts.MQ 9 has 7 hardpoints,if it fires at least 4 missiles simultaneously,these CIWS will not be able to handle the saturation attack of small ammunitions.

Now tell me which domestic defensive system is used on these crafts so that I can understand the matter more wisely.

These crafts are operational i guess.so you know its armament package.

No need to go so offensive.

Your whole post involves this can be,that can be...
But if these are operational,then tell me which air defence system has been used on these crafts?

Like i said these can be valuable for support role to larger warships but will have almost zero role in offensive strike because enemies UCAVs can easily hunt these crafts.MQ 9 has 7 hardpoints,if it fires at least 4 missiles simultaneously,these CIWS will not be able to handle the saturation attack of small ammunitions.

Now tell me which domestic defensive system is used on these crafts so that I can understand the matter more wisely.

These crafts are operational i guess.so you know its armament package.

you clearly have zero information, you should do some basic research yourself before asking to be fed information .

They are NOT operational. The first 3 are being built in shipyards. Iran hasn’t released any information on them other than basic info. What you see is from media and OSINT sources. We just saw the picture/video of one officially from Iran in the shipyard being built. So how can I tell you what it will be equipped?

The likely answers are what is similarly equipped on Type 22 vessel. But that would be guessing because they are two different ships by two different countries with different philosophies.

Last point, MQ-9 has a large RCS especially with weapons on hard points and would be picked up by naval air defense radars ALOT sooner than MQ-9 can engage...considering MQ-9 uses hellfire missiles with only a 7-11 KM range. And yes CWIS can handle such a saturation attack as thats one of the main defenses for an aircraft carrier. An SM-3 missile can easily destroy a MQ-9 let alone a more capable Missile.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom