What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

this image the Fath-40 is still installed, and in the bow it seems to see the cane of the Fajr-27

DUo_Oym_WAAIDOS-2.jpg

however, the Iranian technicians in these last days after the accident, have worked hard to recover the largest number of systems, we hope they have managed to recover systems even from inside the ship

as I had suspected, the Fajr-27 - 76/62 is still on board without the dome.
however, the piece of the ship that includes the bow has not sunk completely, perhaps there are still hopes to be able to recover the Fajr-27.
video : https://www.imgrum.one/post/BegQZXHjmJD

29-5869169-bezymyannyj1.jpg

IMG_20180129_121513.jpg

as I had suspected, the Fajr-27 - 76/62 is still on board without the dome.
however, the piece of the ship that includes the bow has not sunk completely, perhaps there are still hopes to be able to recover the Fajr-27.
video : https://www.imgrum.one/post/BegQZXHjmJD

IMG_20180129_121513.jpg
well its strange for me if they don't manage salvage the rest of the ship when the weather calm down (I don't knew how good those parts would be after exposing to sea water and mud) after all the sea is only 4-5m deep in the area

observing the image, I notice that the central part of the ship is completely torn from the bow that still emerges and from the stern just behind the chimney.
It would probably be appropriate to recover the three sections of the ship, so the naval technicians and engineers will be able to view them and understand the reason for this total structural failure.
Due to the construction method of the hull or the type of steel used to make it.
A meticulous investigation can be useful for future naval construction in the military sector
PS:
You are aware of the type of steel used to build the hull of the Damavand (77) ??

You are aware of the type of steel used to build the hull of the Damavand (77) ??

The only thing we know is that it has a "steel and aluminum hull" because they had to somehow weld these two together and had quite a bit of problem with it when making Jamaran.

The only thing we know is that it has a "steel and aluminum hull" because they had to somehow weld these two together and had quite a bit of problem with it when making Jamaran.

do you mean: steel hull and aluminum superstructures?

however, I was referring to the type of steel to make these blocks of the ship

image.jpg

Darya moj e ka ka darya moj e

At the end of the day this is human error! Yes the weather was bad so what? Your the Navy your job is the sea and you should be prepared and have plans on how to preform during bad weather!

And trying to pass the ship through a narrow area during bad weather without the support of tug boats should be a big no no!

upload_2018-1-29_15-55-40.png

Clearly whomever the captain of the Damavand was should NOT have bee captaining anything larger than a tugboat

this image the Fath-40 is still installed, and in the bow it seems to see the cane of the Fajr-27

DUo_Oym_WAAIDOS-2.jpg

however, the Iranian technicians in these last days after the accident, have worked hard to recover the largest number of systems, we hope they have managed to recover systems even from inside the ship

The propellers are likely gone but the engine, gearbox, generators,.... those need to be recovered refurbished and sent to the South to put on the hulls they have ready to go....

Darya moj e ka ka darya moj e

At the end of the day this is human error! Yes the weather was bad so what? Your the Navy your job is the sea and you should be prepared and have plans on how to preform during bad weather!

And trying to pass the ship through a narrow area during bad weather without the support of tug boats should be a big no no!

View attachment 450630

Clearly whomever the captain of the Damavand was should NOT have bee captaining anything larger than a tugboat

The propellers are likely gone but the engine, gearbox, generators,.... those need to be recovered refurbished and sent to the South to put on the hulls they have ready to go....

Damavand is pretty much the end of a major Caspain Sea fleet. Might aswell uses these to beef up PG as you say.

if the engine room is flooded, the diesel engines are submerged, even if the salinity of the Caspian Sea is low, it would be very difficult if not impossible to restore the diesel engines, and the longer they remain submerged, the less likely they are to save them.
it is understood that all submerged electrical and electronic systems are only to be replaced by new ones

observing the image, I notice that the central part of the ship is completely torn from the bow that still emerges and from the stern just behind the chimney.
It would probably be appropriate to recover the three sections of the ship, so the naval technicians and engineers will be able to view them and understand the reason for this total structural failure.
Due to the construction method of the hull or the type of steel used to make it.
A meticulous investigation can be useful for future naval construction in the military sector
PS:

My guess is what made the accident happen is lack of experience by the captain otherwise he wouldn't try to enter the port in that condition instead he would have gone deeper into sea and waited for the sea to become calmer.
After all it's Caspian sea and its harshest wave could not affect the ship that much if they were far away from shore.
Another matter is why the ship divided in two .my guess is that it was not the steel that failed but the problem was with welding techniqu. They must have done something wrong when they welded those plate to each other . my guess is the personnel who built the ship in Caspian sea didn't have as much experience as the personnel of our ship building facilities in Persian gulf .

My guess is what made the accident happen is lack of experience by the captain otherwise he wouldn't try to enter the port in that condition instead he would have gone deeper into sea and waited for the sea to become calmer.
After all it's Caspian sea and its harshest wave could not affect the ship that much if they were far away from shore.
Another matter is why the ship divided in two .my guess is that it was not the steel that failed but the problem was with welding techniqu. They must have done something wrong when they welded those plate to each other . my guess is the personnel who built the ship in Caspian sea didn't have as much experience as the personnel of our ship building facilities in Persian gulf .

I do not know completely the reasons that made the decision to decide to enter port under those conditions of the sea and without support of the tugs, but for the commander I see it difficult in the future to command any ship, in addition to the loss of the ship, I am deceased 4 crew members.

if you notice well the ship has finally divided into 3 parts, so yours is a plausible hypothesis, not optimal welds could be the cause of the collapse of the ship

one of the first images of the Nagdhi (82) corvette after having repositioned the anti-ship missile canisters

IMG_20180130_171422.jpg

It really doesn't matter what it was made of! The ships was rocking back and forth constantly over rocks (not sand) for days and it was caught on the wrong side of the wave breakers for days on end even steel would have hit a breaking point.

And we get more waves off the Caspian sea cost than most costal areas in the Persian Gulf and the Navy knows this and it's doubtful they didn't train for it!

Layi bozi is typical Iranian behavior! And this captain was deluded enough to think he can go up against mother nature and win! This is 100% human error nothing more! This Captain caused the death of 4 Iranian sailors and destroyed a multimillion dollar ship all because of a bad judgment call when all he had to do was as you said go further out and wait out the storm!

I do not know completely the reasons that made the decision to decide to enter port under those conditions of the sea and without support of the tugs, but for the commander I see it difficult in the future to command any ship, in addition to the loss of the ship, I am deceased 4 crew members.

if you notice well the ship has finally divided into 3 parts, so yours is a plausible hypothesis, not optimal welds could be the cause of the collapse of the ship

The cause of the claps is the ship rocking back and forth for days on end over ROCKS because they got caught on the wrong side of the wave breakers and naturally on a large ship the 1st areas to break are the weak points which would naturally be the welded areas holding each section together

As for the Engine,... by the most part they haven't been submerged from day 1 and they are protect by corrosion resistant materials so even if they do get submerged for a week or so they can be refurbished

Back
Top Bottom