What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Note that the new Iranian radar system is different to the original one and based on the Skyguard, the subsystem design details tell that.

As the Skyguard is potent enough for CIWS usage and the 40mm Bofors variant fully automatic/unmanned. It will certainly use the 40mm and also the 76mm to attack incoming projectiles. Their combined effectiveness could equal the AK-630 or Phalanx but one of them for the rear would be better. The Navy trusts it's western systems very much. As said they probably think the auto 40 is more effective that to Soviet AK-630.
The auto 40 bofors is since more than a decade in local production, hard to replace it and there might be other issues such as space and weight issues.

PeeD,

Actually, the original WM28 series radar the Kaman-class have was a decent multi-tasker.

It was/is capable of directing weapons at a single aerial target and single surface target simultaneously. Apparently, it could control a single AshM and both cannons to engage these two separate targets.

In fact, after comparing the specs of the Skyguard radar vs the WM28, they are very similar systems in terms of size, design, and apparent performance.

The idea of using both cannons on the Kaman/Sina classes to try and engage AshMs seems like a lot of extra effort when a single proper CIWS would free up the Fajr-27 to engage targets it was actually design to.

Please can any one tell me about development of VLS for Iranian navy ??????????

Hack-Hook,

No need to choose here. The 40mm Bofors is a near complete waste of space on the Sina-class FACMs (if it was a twin-mount like the FastForty or Breda, it would be a different story...). In it's place, I have no doubt a AK-630 could integrated in the same location, though it would take up somewhat more space.

However, nearly ALL FACMs in the world today built since the 1990s are fitted with CIWS with little trouble. Qatar's Barzan-class are even fitted with the might Goalkeeper (effectively a ship-mounted A-10 cannon).

Just reinforces the problem that overall, the new-built Sina-class vessels are barely any more capable or modern than the late 70s vintage La Combattante II class they were reverse-engineered from. The AshMs are longer range but no more numerous, their sensors are somewhat improved but not dramatically and no improvement at all in terms of self-protection.

For a country that has showed so much interest in smaller surface combatants, their lack of improvements to the original La Combattante II/Kaman classes is quite puzzling.

1st off the Sina class & the Jamaran class in the Caspian Sea are mainly used to train new personal to send to the Persian Gulf there is no threat from Caspian Sea states
Iran has good relations with Russia and countries like Azerbaijan Iran can wipe out within 24hours using it's Fatteh-110 missile system alone

2ndly it seems hard for you to comprehend that every part of the ship is Iranian built! And that's the most important factor in these ships

Yes Iran's Fajr-27 fires 85 round per min instead of 120 but if Iran was to upgrade it to 120 I don't think it would look any different or they'd even publicize it under this administration

And if I was Iran I would worry more about the different types of smart rounds my cannons carry and the electro optical targeting capability of my cannons which would be absurd to think that they are NOT far more advanced today than previous Iranian versions!

To top that off I'll take an Iranian 40 mm rapid fire cannon upgraded with smart rounds over imported goalkeeper or AK-630 any day

Finally, going from targeting capability of 70km to 150km & then to 200km using domestic technology is no simple task and it is a major improvement! And NO country that produces it's own Anti ship cruise missiles systems is stupid enough to publicize the true max targeting capability of a domestically built weapons system it's absurd! You would basically be telling your enemy what distance they should keep from your ship and what type of weapons they'll need to take out that ship!

Also, I'd have to point out that it's a matter of threat assessment for Iran!

There is no Navy in the Persian Gulf that can match Iran! And Iran has stopped publicizing every sub they build and launch

And inside the Persian Gulf Iran has Smaller Tumb, Greater Tumb, Abu Musa, Sirri, Persian Gulf, Larak, Hormous, Faroor, small faroor, New Hengom, Gheshm,... Islands all of which have various types of Missiles, Sams, UAV's & costal defense systems inside bunkers and are strategically located

Weapons systems on these Islands alone can shut down the Persian Gulf

Iran's Navy in the Persian Gulf operates at the very least 30 Gadir Class Subs alone
Not to mention the Fatteh class, Nahang & Kilo class subs

So I don't think Iran is worried about any Persian Gulf Navy!

1st off the Sina class & the Jamaran class in the Caspian Sea are mainly used to train new personal to send to the Persian Gulf there is no threat from Caspian Sea states
Iran has good relations with Russia and countries like Azerbaijan Iran can wipe out within 24hours using it's Fatteh-110 missile system alone

2ndly it seems hard for you to comprehend that every part of the ship is Iranian built! And that's the most important factor in these ships

Yes Iran's Fajr-27 fires 85 round per min instead of 120 but if Iran was to upgrade it to 120 I don't think it would look any different or they'd even publicize it under this administration

And if I was Iran I would worry more about the different types of smart rounds my cannons carry and the electro optical targeting capability of my cannons which would be absurd to think that they are NOT far more advanced today than previous Iranian versions!

To top that off I'll take an Iranian 40 mm rapid fire cannon upgraded with smart rounds over imported goalkeeper or AK-630 any day

Finally, going from targeting capability of 70km to 150km & then to 200km using domestic technology is no simple task and it is a major improvement! And NO country that produces it's own Anti ship cruise missiles systems is stupid enough to publicize the true max targeting capability of a domestically built weapons system it's absurd! You would basically be telling your enemy what distance they should keep from your ship and what type of weapons they'll need to take out that ship!

Also, I'd have to point out that it's a matter of threat assessment for Iran!

There is no Navy in the Persian Gulf that can match Iran! And Iran has stopped publicizing every sub they build and launch

And inside the Persian Gulf Iran has Smaller Tumb, Greater Tumb, Abu Musa, Sirri, Persian Gulf, Larak, Hormous, Faroor, small faroor, New Hengom, Gheshm,... Islands all of which have various types of Missiles, Sams, UAV's & costal defense systems inside bunkers and are strategically located

Weapons systems on these Islands alone can shut down the Persian Gulf

Iran's Navy in the Persian Gulf operates at the very least 30 Gadir Class Subs alone
Not to mention the Fatteh class, Nahang & Kilo class subs

So I don't think Iran is worried about any Persian Gulf Navy!
شتر در خواب بیند پنبه دانه گهی لپ لپ خورد گه دانه دانه
there is exactly 21 Qadir Submarine not at least 30
That 40mm cannon is an antic from before WW2 and they could reach a very better result if they put an specialized CIWS system like AK630 or Phalanx or Type720 CIWS there they even previously unveiled systems which can fill such role but for some reason they decided to put those designs on shelf.even if they insisted on Bofors they must have modified it to something in class of Dardo

who says we have no problem with countries of Caspian see we have border problem with Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan and forgetting those problem s is like when we deciding to close our eyes to Saddam build up before war. and our Caspian sea vessels virtually have no defense against air threat . oh and don't forget in 2011 Russia and Kazakhstan held a major exercise in Caspian sea and guess who was the enemy , yes it was Iran.

and biggest navy in Persian gulf and sea of Oman is not Iran Navy its USA 5th fleet. and don't say we destroy them with Persian gulf missile their carriers can just stay out of the range of the missiles ans send wave after wave of airplane to fire bomb and cruise missile at our bases and ships from hundred of km away and guess what our ship in Persian gulf has no reliable CIWS .
in short in case of conflict with any country in Persian gulf and sea of Oman ,well except Iraq (maybe for now) their air-force easily pick up our surface vessels one by one and the only survivable asset we have there is our submarines.

Vevak,

1) Absolutely and total BS and a weak excuse. Based on that logic, why is the Russian Caspian Flotilla armed to the teeth then? What threat do they face in the Caspian Sea?
2) No idea what you're going on about this vessel being "Iranian-built". What do you call the previous 3 Sina-class vessel that have been commissioned over the last decade or so? Also, I never suggested import anything, but that they made smart use of the more modern weapon designs they've had access to for over 25 years (in the specific case of the AK-630).
3) While "smart shells" can make old guns more dangerous, they have proved to be quite an expensive concept so far, whereas the high rate of fire of the AK-630 allows it a greater certainty of the kill. Should also be noted the Russian still make AK-630 derived CIWS to this day, indicating their faith in the design.
4) It's not the navies of Iran's neighbors that is the reason they should spend more on proper defenses; it's their vastly superior air forces + their more capable surface combatants + a growing fleet of anti-submarine assets.

I could go into more detail but the big takeaway is this: singularly, none of the PG navies are likely to succeed in defeating Iran's combined naval forces. However, if they acted as a united front (in this case, a combined Saudi-UAE force), their combined assets could be a very real threat.

زیردریایی جدید در مراحل اخر تستی و پروژه ی ناو هواپیمابر و زیردریایی با رانش هسته ای ایشالله به زودی خبراشو بشنویم.

Screenshot_2017-12-13-23-23-02.png

سلام دوستان سوال دارم. اون 3 تا سوراخ برای چیه شلیک اژدر?:)البته خیلی فضای کوچیکی هستن برای یک اژدر

شتر در خواب بیند پنبه دانه گهی لپ لپ خورد گه دانه دانه
there is exactly 21 Qadir Submarine not at least 30
That 40mm cannon is an antic from before WW2 and they could reach a very better result if they put an specialized CIWS system like AK630 or Phalanx or Type720 CIWS there they even previously unveiled systems which can fill such role but for some reason they decided to put those designs on shelf.even if they insisted on Bofors they must have modified it to something in class of Dardo

who says we have no problem with countries of Caspian see we have border problem with Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan and forgetting those problem s is like when we deciding to close our eyes to Saddam build up before war. and our Caspian sea vessels virtually have no defense against air threat . oh and don't forget in 2011 Russia and Kazakhstan held a major exercise in Caspian sea and guess who was the enemy , yes it was Iran.

and biggest navy in Persian gulf and sea of Oman is not Iran Navy its USA 5th fleet. and don't say we destroy them with Persian gulf missile their carriers can just stay out of the range of the missiles ans send wave after wave of airplane to fire bomb and cruise missile at our bases and ships from hundred of km away and guess what our ship in Persian gulf has no reliable CIWS .
in short in case of conflict with any country in Persian gulf and sea of Oman ,well except Iraq (maybe for now) their air-force easily pick up our surface vessels one by one and the only survivable asset we have there is our submarines.

Like it or not Iran is NOT advertising the deployment of new Gadir Subs anymore!
Back in the day Iran would even advertise the completion of the Sahand hull!!!!!!!
Today they have completed two hall's including one with a deck after the Shiraz without telling anyone!

Upgrading a domestic 40mm rapid fire canon to a more advanced smart domestic system is a natural evolution of a domestic systems that must be done at home using Iranian tech skipping that process and jumping to an imported AK-630 is a mistake! And it is a lesson Iran has already learned!

Turkmenistan has a population of 5 Million and a GDP (Nominal) of $40 Billion USD
Azerbijan has a population of 10 Million and a GDP (Nominal) of $40 Billion USD & it is small enough that Iran can wipe out the country with it's Fatteh-110 alone

These countries would have to be suicidal to start a war with Iran because the infrastructure Iran can wipe out in a day in both countries would take them decades to recover from and the leadership of both those countries know that!
In 2011 Russian were naturally pushing Iran towards a deal with the U.S. due to Ahmadinejads big mouth that caused problems for us world wide

And this is not an acknowledgment of the Rohani Administration! For the past few days U.S. congress and other political bodies have nonstop gone after Iran
Just yesterday they were talking about U.S. treasury making public the financial holdings and spending of Iranian leadership
today they passed a resolution against Iran in the U.S. congress sanctioning the financing of passenger Airliners by Iran
Basically if we wanna buy passenger airliners we would have to pay them cash upfront which is absurd NO ONE does that!

All while the Rohani Administration hides it's self behind the Palestinian issue which would have ONLY been OK if they were taking measures against these U.S. actions at the same time!

Clearly Republicans in the U.S. are trying to push Iran to kill the JCPOA or to give up our missiles so they can attack as they did in Libya

And the Rohani administrations refusal to draw a red line & or respond to U.S. actions will lead to more US sanctions against Iran

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-14_11-37-47.png
    upload_2017-12-14_11-37-47.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 39

زیردریایی جدید در مراحل اخر تستی و پروژه ی ناو هواپیمابر و زیردریایی با رانش هسته ای ایشالله به زودی خبراشو بشنویم.

View attachment 442351
سلام دوستان سوال دارم. اون 3 تا سوراخ برای چیه شلیک اژدر?:)البته خیلی فضای کوچیکی هستن برای یک اژدر
I think they are torpedo tubes. comparing the them with the wind shield openings, I think their diameter is larger than 500mm. Probably the tubes go all the way back to other end of the boat. Interesting design.

I think they are torpedo tubes. comparing the them with the wind shield openings, I think their diameter is larger than 500mm. Probably the tubes go all the way back to other end of the boat. Interesting design.

If it really is what you say it is. Each one of these boats will be extremely dangerous for enemy ships. I was also surprised by the design.

Like it or not Iran is NOT advertising the deployment of new Gadir Subs anymore!
Back in the day Iran would even advertise the completion of the Sahand hull!!!!!!!
Today they have completed two hall's including one with a deck after the Shiraz without telling anyone!

Upgrading a domestic 40mm rapid fire canon to a more advanced smart domestic system is a natural evolution of a domestic systems that must be done at home using Iranian tech skipping that process and jumping to an imported AK-630 is a mistake! And it is a lesson Iran has already learned!

Turkmenistan has a population of 5 Million and a GDP (Nominal) of $40 Billion USD
Azerbijan has a population of 10 Million and a GDP (Nominal) of $40 Billion USD & it is small enough that Iran can wipe out the country with it's Fatteh-110 alone

These countries would have to be suicidal to start a war with Iran because the infrastructure Iran can wipe out in a day in both countries would take them decades to recover from and the leadership of both those countries know that!
In 2011 Russian were naturally pushing Iran towards a deal with the U.S. due to Ahmadinejads big mouth that caused problems for us world wide

And this is not an acknowledgment of the Rohani Administration! For the past few days U.S. congress and other political bodies have nonstop gone after Iran
Just yesterday they were talking about U.S. treasury making public the financial holdings and spending of Iranian leadership
today they passed a resolution against Iran in the U.S. congress sanctioning the financing of passenger Airliners by Iran
Basically if we wanna buy passenger airliners we would have to pay them cash upfront which is absurd NO ONE does that!

All while the Rohani Administration hides it's self behind the Palestinian issue which would have ONLY been OK if they were taking measures against these U.S. actions at the same time!

Clearly Republicans in the U.S. are trying to push Iran to kill the JCPOA or to give up our missiles so they can attack as they did in Libya

And the Rohani administrations refusal to draw a red line & or respond to U.S. actions will lead to more US sanctions against Iran
On many level you are wrong . you say we can destroy Azerbaijan or Turkmenistan with faith . the answer is no we can't . its a high value missile for selected targets . likes it or not bulk of our missiles is zelzal not fateh and that is an unguided artillery rocket .about the army and man power simply if your calculation was correct then tell me how Armenia beat Azerbaijan soundly .
How in every war Israel beat Arab armies .

And 2011 was example . look at history Russia never considered us an ally otherwise no one could pass a resolution against us in unsc in time of khatami or Ahmadinejad.

Oh and the main problem is they never upgraded Bofors they are using the same old design .

On many level you are wrong . you say we can destroy Azerbaijan or Turkmenistan with faith . the answer is no we can't . its a high value missile for selected targets . likes it or not bulk of our missiles is zelzal not fateh and that is an unguided artillery rocket .about the army and man power simply if your calculation was correct then tell me how Armenia beat Azerbaijan soundly .
How in every war Israel beat Arab armies .

And 2011 was example . look at history Russia never considered us an ally otherwise no one could pass a resolution against us in unsc in time of khatami or Ahmadinejad.

Oh and the main problem is they never upgraded Bofors they are using the same old design .
I THINK YOU ARE LIKE NIKI (HELLY ) WHY YOU DONT GO AND BECAME HER SOULMAIT IN UN

Back
Top Bottom