What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

let just say there was a computer generated design and a mockup . when they will start to seriously build it and research it , don't knew it depend how much money will be poured into it .
my guess, I'm not sure is they want to start Shahid Suleumani corvette and how it perform at seas first , how it's body tolerare stress fiirst , after that if the alluminium body passed its real test , they build some smaller trimaran and if they were confident about the design then they will commit to a big trimaran .
you can look at it like this at the moment three facility build moudge courvettes they probably deliver two of themin one year and one latter , then one will be building Loqman the other two must build something , probably if they have capability to work with Alluminum sheets one will be assigned to produce Ships in class of Shahis Suleymani so they can deliver the promis they made bout one ship in that class per year and one will be assigned to research and produce the trimaran design
Imo a large trimaran is a design about a decade and a half away for the IRGC. They'll move from corvettes to frigates to destroyers and only then to battle cruisers, landing ships and the like.

Of course, a landing ship means they'll have to develop amphibious assault vehicles, light tanks and train and equip naval infantry for beach landings etc.

But I digress - the IRGC-N has plans to establish presence in international waters. For that, it will need heavier vessels, particularly if they want to traverse the Atlantic or make trips to the DPRK in the hot zone of the Pacific Ocean.

in the video shown above a naval unit appears in the final phase of construction, which I indicate with an arrow, indeed I think it is the Konarak repaired and at the same time modified in the superstructures
what do you think?
Screenshot-2021-12-12-16-55-20-876-3.jpg

Konarak

Screenshot-78.png

Imo a large trimaran is a design about a decade and a half away for the IRGC. They'll move from corvettes to frigates to destroyers and only then to battle cruisers, landing ships and the like.

Of course, a landing ship means they'll have to develop amphibious assault vehicles, light tanks and train and equip naval infantry for beach landings etc.

But I digress - the IRGC-N has plans to establish presence in international waters. For that, it will need heavier vessels, particularly if they want to traverse the Atlantic or make trips to the DPRK in the hot zone of the Pacific Ocean.
The trimaran was defence ministry project not IRGC and as far as Im aware It seems Irgc is more inrested in more ships like Shahid Suleymani

The trimaran was defence ministry project not IRGC and as far as Im aware It seems Irgc is more inrested in more ships like Shahid Suleymani

How come navy hasn’t ordered a single ship from DM?

Seems strange. Right now IRGC can build a Shahid Solemani class vessel in a year. That means within a decade, IRGC will have more capable warships than the Iranian navy….pretty sad.

How come navy hasn’t ordered a single ship from DM?

Seems strange. Right now IRGC can build a Shahid Solemani class vessel in a year. That means within a decade, IRGC will have more capable warships than the Iranian navy….pretty sad.
Because the Artesh is incompetent and backward.

Because the Artesh is incompetent and backward.

Someone here should be able to read the military budget breakdown and see how much money Navy gets.

If Iran’s budget hypothetically is $15B (officially) and 80% goes to IRGC then remaining amount isn’t enough funds to cover all the branches of Artesh.

Someone here should be able to read the military budget breakdown and see how much money Navy gets.

If Iran’s budget hypothetically is $15B (officially) and 80% goes to IRGC then remaining amount isn’t enough funds to cover all the branches of Artesh.
The trouble is there's no accurate listing and breakdown of distribution.

But I do observe a trend in Artesh and that is thinking in classical outdated ways rather than preparing for the battlefield of tomorrow. This leaves them under-equipped and poorly trained outside of certain equipment and units.

The trouble is there's no accurate listing and breakdown of distribution.

But I do observe a trend in Artesh and that is thinking in classical outdated ways rather than preparing for the battlefield of tomorrow. This leaves them under-equipped and poorly trained outside of certain equipment and units.

Because land invasion is improbable. A attacking force would need to invade with at least 750,000 (closer to 1M) soldiers to be able to conquer Iran’s mountain terrain which favors the defender. Alexander had the entire Roman Empire behind him, one of the greatest empire in human history.

Who in the region (outside of USA) can do that? Even USA chance is close to 0% No sitting President will call a major land war, it’s political issue not military.

Now in terms of equipment of soldiers. Look at Russia who has 3-4x budget of Iran and has been building military equipment since 19th century, look at their soldiers traveling in 1960’s tanks and some lacking standard body armour.

People think because cost of production is low in Iran that it’s BORDERLINE free to build something.

Because land invasion is improbable. A attacking force would need to invade with at least 750,000 (closer to 1M) soldiers to be able to conquer Iran’s mountain terrain which favors the defender. Alexander had the entire Roman Empire behind him, one of the greatest empire in human history.

Who in the region (outside of USA) can do that? Even USA chance is close to 0% No sitting President will call a major land war, it’s political issue not military.

Now in terms of equipment of soldiers. Look at Russia who has 3-4x budget of Iran and has been building military equipment since 19th century, look at their soldiers traveling in 1960’s tanks and some lacking standard body armour.

People think because cost of production is low in Iran that it’s BORDERLINE free to build something.
Iran's problems are the mentality of "use till the nuts and bolts fall off". It's why they still use those Type 56 rifles in many units, or those old soviet helmets that offer no protection whatsoever.

Rid the military of all useless junk in phases while simultaneously freeing up space and funds for procurement of fresh equipment. Within 15 years, it will be a complete turnaround.

I report here what is written by user "hufden" on Russian forum, concerning the origin of the new IRGC missile patrol boat RK Shahid Ruhi.
11-11039765-bezymyannyj2.jpg

this unit appears to be the same as the former patrol boat of the Japanese customs service (つ ば さ Tsubasa) which served in 2000-2008 in Yokohama, then in Niigata until disarmament in 2020.
24-11066385-fb4-azuu.jpg

24-11066385-47d6f070.jpg

Subsequently acquired by a private company and put up for sale from September 2020, at the attached address you can also read the characteristics of the ship including the type of engines and the maximum speed.
https://www.unlimitedoffshore.com/post/patrol-vessel-for-sale-at-low-price

I report here what is written by user "hufden" on Russian forum, concerning the origin of the new IRGC missile patrol boat RK Shahid Ruhi.
View attachment 882229
this unit appears to be the same as the former patrol boat of the Japanese customs service (つ ば さ Tsubasa) which served in 2000-2008 in Yokohama, then in Niigata until disarmament in 2020.
View attachment 882231

View attachment 882233
Subsequently acquired by a private company and put up for sale from September 2020, at the attached address you can also read the characteristics of the ship including the type of engines and the maximum speed.
https://www.unlimitedoffshore.com/post/patrol-vessel-for-sale-at-low-price
I'm guessing these must have been bargains like the Shahid Roudaki, though it should be in sourced even if it costs a little more.

Back
Top Bottom