What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Thanks to people like Bajwa, we cannot have Pakistan in these events.

There is a limit for being a subservient, some military figures who do not represent majority of Pakistanis have crossed all the limits.

@lastofthepatriots
Wow..are you sure..if they are not allowed to be where 1/2 population of the world meets..what kind of independance they have..I thought they just celebrated independance day..

Wow..are you sure..if they are not allowed to be where 1/2 population of the world meets..what kind of independance they have..I thought they just celebrated independance day..

We have a COAS that overthrew our democratically elected PM under the orders of Uncle Sam. You must never come out of the Iranian section.

Last edited:

Commander says that “one block” has already been completed.

How they expect to go from one block to a operational warship of 6000+ tons within 2 years is a head-scratcher. Just wished he would have given a realistic timeline.

Commander says that “one block” has already been completed.

How they expect to go from one block to a operational warship of 6000+ tons within 2 years is a head-scratcher. Just wished he would have given a realistic timeline.
How many blocks will it be made up of?

Thanks to people like Bajwa, we cannot have Pakistan in these events.

There is a limit for being a subservient, some military figures who do not represent majority of Pakistanis have crossed all the limits.

@lastofthepatriots
wonder why even KSA did participate, they even host parts of the competition (Highway Patrol competition)

Unknown.

Given size, 6-8 parts would be the minimum one would imagine. And that’s just the base superstructure.
Could it be that multiple other blocks are being manufactured at different facilities spread across the country and will simultaneously be brought to the shipyard in order to be welded together?

That's the only way I can see them meeting their 2 year deadline.

Could it be that multiple other blocks are being manufactured at different facilities spread across the country and will simultaneously be brought to the shipyard in order to be welded together?

That's the only way I can see them meeting their 2 year deadline.
not something advisable ,those are big and heavy , doing such thing will be another Foolad-e-Mobarakeh headache

not something advisable ,those are big and heavy , doing such thing will be another Foolad-e-Mobarakeh headache
Those blocks can be transported on 18 wheelers or tank transporters if necessary.

They can meet the deadlines easily that way rather than plodding through block by block.

Those blocks can be transported on 18 wheelers or tank transporters if necessary.

They can meet the deadlines easily that way rather than plodding through block by block.
as i said another Foolad-e-Mobarakeh headache ,they had to build new road and bridge to transport that steel-factory equipment to Isfahan, there is a documentary about it.
and no 18wheeler or tank transporter is big enough to transport those parts
the ship is 154m divide it in 7 and each part will be more than 20m long and 18m wide and 10m high. now i wonder how you want to put those parts on tank transporter and 18 wheelers

Last edited:

Iran Navy Commander: “hope” to have PG training ship ready in 2 years
reading this article https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2022/...to-join-Iran-Navy-fleet-within-next-two-years, it is stated that:

"The commander of the Iranian Navy, Rear Admiral Shahram Irani, says that one of the blocks of the Loghman-class vessel, dubbed Khalij Fars (Persian Gulf) has already been completed, and the remaining steps are being undertaken at Iran Shipbuilding & Offshore Industries Complex Co. (ISOICO), which lies 37 kilometers (22 miles) west of the southern Iranian port city of Bandar Abbas."

this leads me to think that the first block is the one that was present in Bandar Abbas, it will probably be transferred to the Isoico shipyard which has large covered structures where the continuation of the works can be carried out without prying eyes

here you can see the dimensions, inside Dena (75) when it was in the final stages of construction
n3672350-6889609.jpg

Last edited:
He means "Besat". I see a lot of users mispronounce the name here, for some reason.
There is a letter that is TH sound in Arabic and S sound in Farsi. There was a similar mistake by an article about the kowsar, calling it kauther because Farsi has modified the sound as it does not have TH or DH sounds.
So it's really Dhulfiqar, not Zulfiqar depending on what language you are reading from.

and no 18wheeler or tank transporter is big enough to transport those parts
the ship is 154m divide it in 7 and each part will be more than 20m long and 18m wide and 10m high. now i wonder how you want to put those parts on tank transporter and 18 wheelers
Then the only other solution I can foresee is that they purchase Mi-26 helicopters from Russia which have the capability to lift 20 tonnes. A bunch of them can carry the blocks by hooks and cables to transport it to the dockyards for assembly.

If that isn't done, then much more time will be taken to build it and I'd rather go ahead with this unconventional airlift than waste 7-10 years completing one ship.

Then the only other solution I can foresee is that they purchase Mi-26 helicopters from Russia which have the capability to lift 20 tonnes. A bunch of them can carry the blocks by hooks and cables to transport it to the dockyards for assembly.

If that isn't done, then much more time will be taken to build it and I'd rather go ahead with this unconventional airlift than waste 7-10 years completing one ship.
Why not through ship? All dry socks are on the bank of waterbody!!

be assured you can't do that ., there are specially built trucks that can do that , but they need special roads , the bridge must be reinforced and power line in the path must be temporarily cut down , the traffic had to be re routed . and they are slow as hell , a headache not anyone fond of . far easier to expand Bandar-Abbas Facility if you want the project go faster and that a lot more future proof.

Why not through ship? All dry socks are on the bank of waterbody!!
which ship want to do that , the wait of the structure is enough to made it able to cut through the ship

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom