What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I have a question regarding "kamand" CIWS to any one with better info:

Does "Kamand" CIWS have a radar interface...We know about EO/IR sensor but does it receive Radar track reports from "Eagle Eye" ..or does the operator gets verbal info in CIC and directs the EO/IR towards the target..(Way too slow for an incoming mach speed missile) !:undecided::undecided::undecided:

Does "Kamand" CIWS have a radar interface...We know about EO/IR sensor but does it receive Radar track reports from "Eagle Eye" ..or does the operator gets verbal info in CIC and directs the EO/IR towards the target..(Way too slow for an incoming mach speed missile) !:undecided::undecided::undecided:
Hopefully the battle management software allows for what you suggested, otherwise...
The weapon is currently installed on a mowj and I hope that even the dish radar can provide data to all the weapons because those ships systems need to act as one if the vessel is to survive incoming strikes.

Hopefully the battle management software allows for what you suggested, otherwise...
The weapon is currently installed on a mowj and I hope that even the dish radar can provide data to all the weapons because those ships systems need to act as one if the vessel is to survive incoming strikes.
Yes I am gald you said that..Integration of sensors an weapons is a must if you have any hope of survival

Most gun based CIWS are radar based for targeting. Missile based CIWS use EO/IO and opticals.

Iran has deep experience with EO/IO tech. Likely added it on as a redundancy mechanism because the radars on all current Mowj vessels are old tech not sure how well they would do against low flying CMs, UCAVs, or small suicide drones. EO/IO can help detect these threats from a decent distance.

The soviet original ak-630 had an off mount radar to supply it with basic targeting data,so I`d be very surprised if it only had an optronic system.
1200px-Minsk_port_bow_AK-630_CIWS_gun_fire_control_radar.JPG

Tho what I`d really love to know is what does all that extra space in the mount actually contain.
Heres the russian original,you can see how compact it is
B4qN6MgCYAAddpV.jpg

You could fit this into the front section of the kamands mount with ease,so whats in the larger rear section,more ammo,its own independent power supply,both?

Prediction (pish bini) would be the correct translation, rather than hope.

That is correct. Prediction is the better word for word. 2 years to me seems an insult to the audience. The superstructure hasn’t even been welded together.

This is about 2 years away (maybe a little less if Eagle eye gets finished quicker) in my opinion:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom