P965_KNM_Gnist.jpg

and North Koreans
Ot_Go_OGe2-2.jpg

View attachment 867420

catamaran or surface effect hull, such as some Norwegian corvettes
P965_KNM_Gnist.jpg

and North Koreans
Ot_Go_OGe2-2.jpg
the SKjold class is not a pure katamaran, its a surface effect ship , it has a fan that make a cushion of air under it to increase the buoyancy, its also the case of Nongo from N. Korea
but the image that i saw from our ship suggest a catamaran

the SKjold class is not a pure katamaran, its a surface effect ship , it has a fan that make a cushion of air under it to increase the buoyancy, its also the case of Nongo from N. Korea
but the image that i saw from our ship suggest a catamaran
I am still of the opinion that they are building, in addition to the Soleimani class catamran corvette, two different types of naval units, one with a catamaran hull here in the photo shown in green and one with a surface effect hull, highlighted here in red.
Screenshot-2022-08-04-21-25-16-928-2.jpg

I am still of the opinion that they are building, in addition to the Soleimani class catamran corvette, two different types of naval units, one with a catamaran hull here in the photo shown in green and one with a surface effect hull, highlighted here in red.
Screenshot-2022-08-04-21-25-16-928-2.jpg
don't knew but i think the red one is upper structure of another catamaran

Nice to see that Sepah's first submarine is going to be inducted soon. This capability, which was announced some time ago by an official in an interview, had been missing from the IRGCN's arsenal although it certainly fits their doctrine (not counting the semi-submersible craft they operate).

Always wondered what type of an attack sub they'll acquire: will they go for one of the existing domestically produced models or design their very own? We don't know how accurate the representation on IRNA's graphic is, but if it's correct it would mean that Sepah will soon be equipped with the Fateh. Although in that case the question arises why it is being referred to generically as an "Autonomous Anti-Ship Submarine" instead of "Fateh Attack Submarine" as for the regular Navy.

Also, I remember the former head of the Navy stating a couple of years ago that two Fatehs are under construction and that the second of these will incorporate AIP.

Fantastic news overall.

Simply amazing that in a few years IRGC made a modern missile carrying VLS warship with magnitudes higher offensive firepower than anything in Iran’s inventory.

Meanwhile since Jamaran in 2008, Iran Navy has yet to move to a more efficient design despite continuously unveiling toy models.

The difference in advancement between the various armed branches is staggering.

Simply amazing that in a few years IRGC made a modern missile carrying VLS warship with magnitudes higher offensive firepower than anything in Iran’s inventory.

Meanwhile since Jamaran in 2008, Iran Navy has yet to move to a more efficient design despite continuously unveiling toy models.

The difference in advancement between the various armed branches is staggering.
You are a bit unfair...IRGC engineers surely use the experience gained by the naval shipyars to do their design..They are more efficient in producing results I admit to that..bu Iranian navy is not far behind.why they can not be faster is also a question mark for me..I like to see more fateh subs coming out..I prefer subs to surface fleet but they do not get visibility because...well they are hidden..lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom