What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

IRGCN's new drone subs.

3427022.jpg

Great news,

I'm glad the blood of Mohamed Zouari 🇹🇳 wasn't lost

Alzoari was an aeronautical engineer who specialized in the manufacture of drones. For the last few years, he was employed by Hamas and Hezbollah. According to sources in Tunis, he also designed an unmanned naval vessel, apparently submersible and capable of attacking targets at sea.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/original...s-hamas-assaination-mossad.html#ixzz7NpLob4Wh

Hamas had been pursuing unmanned vehicles, air and sea, for some time. The Ababeel1 drone, first used in Gaza in 2014, was designed by Mohamed Zouari, a Tunisian aerospace engineer who worked for Hamas’ Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades military wing.

Zouari did his design work in Sfax, Tunisia, where the drone was manufactured and later shared with Iran. Zouari was also known to be working on UUVs. He was assassinated in Sfax on December 15, 2016.

This is a very scary weapon....Seeing how effective air-borne loitering munitions have been. One could only imagine the level of fear an adversary would be experiencing knowing there are hundreds of "sharks" in the water just roaming around looking for surface-targets.

Coupled with AshCM/AshBM, Sea-Mines, missile-boats and so much more. The entire Naval theatre becomes a death-zone.
Great news,

I'm glad the blood of Mohamed Zouari 🇹🇳 wasn't lost

Alzoari was an aeronautical engineer who specialized in the manufacture of drones. For the last few years, he was employed by Hamas and Hezbollah. According to sources in Tunis, he also designed an unmanned naval vessel, apparently submersible and capable of attacking targets at sea.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/original...s-hamas-assaination-mossad.html#ixzz7NpLob4Wh

Hamas had been pursuing unmanned vehicles, air and sea, for some time. The Ababeel1 drone, first used in Gaza in 2014, was designed by Mohamed Zouari, a Tunisian aerospace engineer who worked for Hamas’ Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades military wing.

Zouari did his design work in Sfax, Tunisia, where the drone was manufactured and later shared with Iran. Zouari was also known to be working on UUVs. He was assassinated in Sfax on December 15, 2016.

Very dangerous for anyone.

I'm not sure about the endurance, and it's probably very slow. But if it has long endurance, it can travel great distances and hit ports unexpectedly.
more like a torpedo

I wonder how they work , stay silent like mines and then attack when they detect target or like our Loitering SAM patrol the area and then attack if detect the enemy
Hard to say. Could be both.

But I think this is Iran's way for countering a few things including Unmanned minesweepers. These unmanned mine sweepers would have a much harder time dealing with these. Especially if the torpedo assumedly has a detection device in its nose.

Detect a target, calculate if it can intercept its trajectory, if yes. strike it. Can't de-mine anymore.
Long endurance torpedos also can do port strikes from long distances. No submarine is detected because their isn't one.

The torpedo may have an acoustic targeting system similar to advance mines. If the acoustic of the ship is within the detonation threshold of the onboard computer then torpedo detonates.

If this gen does not have that, then next one will.

The torpedo may have an acoustic targeting system similar to advance mines. If the acoustic of the ship is within the detonation threshold of the onboard computer then torpedo detonates.

If this gen does not have that, then next one will.
One of the most guarded secrets of any serious navy is the "acoustic signature" library...Navies spend lots of $$ to create these "acoustic signatures"..and Collecting Iranian signatures are very high on agenda..Iran also collects "Enemy and friend" signatures and this "loitering torpedo"is a prime example of what you can do with those acoustic signatures..It can float with its engine off at a predetermined depth turn on the microphs and Processing computer and listen for "Acoustic signature" of interest (using on board library comparison).. Triangulate the target ..Turn the motor on..makes some one have a nasty day at the sea..lol

Sorry, that's a ridiculous idea! The IRGC Navy should think about making a missile that can carry torpedoes with a range above 90 km and a speed above 1000 km/h like the SS-N-14 'Silex'.
Nobody knows what that is. they just called it smart sub surface munition.

so a submarine can have a speed of over 1000 km/h ? or do you think the SS-N-14 'Silex' missile is a submarine?
we must not build everything others have , if we go that route , we will go bankrupt just like USSR. we must study our enemies and built way to neutralize them not build an army like them

so a submarine can have a speed of over 1000 km/h ? or do you think the SS-N-14 'Silex' missile is a submarine?

Fastest missile in the world can only do up to 350KM/h underwater and only 3 countries have it (Iran, Russia, Germany). China is early stages looking at a supersonic submarine wonderweapon that uses a form of supercavitation.

Nonetheless yes a submarine (manned or unmanned) can fire a hypersonic CM or hypersonic BM that exceeds what you want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom