What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I just remembered an article a few months back regarding an unusual detection method in addition to sonar utilised by Soviet/Russian subs to track American subs that relied on temp differences of the water and the presence of trace amounts of radiation left behind for up to a few hours at certain depths. I was wondering if the 3 kilos Iran has is also equipped with this mechanism.

Here is the article referring to the SOKS:

I just remembered an article a few months back regarding an unusual detection method in addition to sonar utilised by Soviet/Russian subs to track American subs that relied on temp differences of the water and the presence of trace amounts of radiation left behind for up to a few hours at certain depths. I was wondering if the 3 kilos Iran has is also equipped with this mechanism.

Quite possible at least one of the subs are there for some retrofit (hope WudangMaster is right and they are putting some new detection device) ...I know "Taregh" went through FULL overhaul about a decade ago...and they were talking about overhaul of a second one some time ago.

With Israeli subs now lurking around Iran, Iran needs some ASW helicopters fast..I do not think any of Iran's seakings are ASW...you need a big helicopter to fly out into the sea and drop sonobuoys , process the data onboard and triangulate the location of an enemy sub...if the helicopter has onboard torpedos it can proceed with prosecuting the target if hostile...or the data can be given to one of the surface assets.

Last edited:

Wouldn’t make sense for Iran’s Kilos. They aren’t submarines made for deep water. And US nuclear subs are carrying nuclear payloads thus wouldn’t need to get anywhere close to Iranian waters.

The one you saw swimming thru the PG was a propaganda ploy. It’s actually a submarine literally to big for PG and ment for deep oceans. Again it wouldn’t need to be anywhere close to Iranian waters as it carries LR tomahawks.

The one you saw swimming thru the PG was a propaganda ploy. It’s actually a submarine literally to big for PG and ment for deep oceans. Again it wouldn’t need to be anywhere close to Iranian waters as it carries LR tomahawks.

Indeed, the only size appropriate for Persian Gulf are the Ghadirs and even the smaller uuvs. Like with the B-52s, they would launch ordinances from as far as possible and be lno where in the region.

Indeed, the only size appropriate for Persian Gulf are the Ghadirs and even the smaller uuvs. Like with the B-52s, they would launch ordinances from as far as possible and be lno where in the region.

The only reason that submarine was conventional equipped was a arms reduction treaty that reduced the number of submarine carrying nuclear missiles Russia and US can have.

Or else nearly the entire US submarine fleet is for 2nd strike Deterrence.

That is also another possibility.If one was going to fit new weapons systems or other upgrades then it would make sense to do it to all 3 boats at the same facility at the same time.
Thats not the usual way of doing things.

How it started:
1612722290969.jpeg

How it’s going:
in 10 years the navy will receive a groundbreaking 100% self sufficient 3000-4000 ton beast!

I wish airforce had an ounce of the nationalistic sense that navy has! Khareji-parast!

Iran IRGC Navy Equipped with 340 New attack Speedboats ( IRGCN Naval vessel )

How many speed boats covering coastal water would be enough for them to move on to larger crafts?

Instead of 340 ~20 ton vessels the IRGC should instead be building 50 or more ~120 ton vessel....

How many speed boats covering coastal water would be enough for them to move on to larger crafts?

Instead of 340 ~20 ton vessels the IRGC should instead be building 50 or more ~120 ton vessel....
It depends what is goal.

These are for swarm tatics. Used in nature where a swarm of bees will sacrifice themself by jumping on an hornet to raise its body temperature and fry its brain. Or else a single hornet can kill hundreds of bees by itself.

Iran quite frankly needs thousands upon thousands of these to protect the PG during war.

A few cruisers would be obliterated during war. Much harder to take out speedboats that blend in the water.

100 speed boats firing 2 CMs is 200 CMs coming at a carrier or cruiser strike group that is attempting to defend against PG missiles and UAVs at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom