What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Not in the center.
The SH-3D helicopter is 22.1 meters long and 5.13 meters high, the bridge currently measures a length of "80 meters".
In order to build an adequate hangar in such dimensions as to be able to receive at least 3 SH-3D helicopters and the maintenance structures (for example 2 parked ready to exit in front of the shutter openings and 1 centrally located in the maintenance area), in the photoshop I expanded the deck forward, but it shouldn't be enough, so a portion of the current flight deck would also have to be sacrificed.
However, a large flight deck would still be usable.

Before
fae558c11549027e27194ed77874a76eo.jpg

After
1f7080c64223febb1425018eede740afo.png

Certainly mine is just a photoshop to evaluate how it could look with the hangar and command structures at the bow and it absolutely does not want to be a project, for this certainly the Iranian engineers are the most qualified people to make it.

This might look a bit like a fantasy now.
I am thinking of Shahed 129 and its possible STOL on this deck.

In that case the bow hangar would be a barrier.

Shahed 129 take off:

Shahed 129 take off:

Makran 441 in that configuration it is certainly not suitable for conventional take-offs and landings, instead it fits for helicopters, tiltrotors, VTOL take-off aircraft,

Shahed 129 take off:

I would prefer Karrar UCAVs for the Makran. Karrar is easy to launch, can carry a much larger payload including Anti-Ship missiles/ Mk-46 Torpedo and is much faster while still having a descent operational range. The biggest challenge would be recovery but i don't see why it cant be fitted with floatation air bags and a parachute.

Last edited:
I would prefer Karrar UCAVs for the Makran. Karrar is easy to launch, can carry a much larger payload including Anti-Ship missiles/ Mk-46 Torpedo and is much faster while still having a descent operational range. The biggest challenge would be recovery but i don't see why it cant be fitted with floatation air bags and a parachute.

It could be caught with a net similar to other UAVs that lack landing capability (scan eagle)

As the drone approaches Makran, it kills the engine and glides into a net that is hoisted up.

Drone falling into water is not advised as salt water can wreck havoc on electronic subsystems.
Iran just fired a ballistic missile over 1800km into Indian Ocean 100 miles from USS Nimitz. Very impressive.

I'm thinking Khaliji-e-Fars?

PG doesn’t have that range.

Had to be a Ghad-r or Sejill. Slight chance it was a modified Haj Gassem missile

Drone falling into water is not advised as salt water can wreck havoc on electronic subsystems.
I was thinking the same for the engine, even with dorsal intake, salt water can easily splash into the engine and the whole thing will have to dismantled and rebuilt. I think pelicans are the most ideal for this platform as I think they are something like a vtol scan eagle in essence.

I add this to HI Sutton paper:

Possibilities:
- There is service/repair issues. Then why not doing it in a covered dry deck for more secrecy!??
- Iran has more Fateh or similar semi heavy subs than we think and she can afford to do this. This argument opens a can of worms.
- These are just good decoys and the goal is causing confusion.

Last edited:

I add this to HI Sutton paper:

Possibilities:
- There is service/repair issues. Then why not doing it in a covered dry deck for more secrecy!??
- Iran has more Fateh or similar semi heavy subs than we think and she can afford to do this. This argument opens a can of worms.
- These are just good decoys and the goal is causing confusion.

The reality is Iran cannot service these as well as the Russians. And the service it does do ends up creating the need for more frequent servicing.

Not to mention theses subs are approaching 25 years of service and were built using export technology at the time.

The reality is Iran cannot service these as well as the Russians. And the service it does do ends up creating the need for more frequent servicing.

Not to mention theses subs are approaching 25 years of service and were built using export technology at the time.

Maybe you are right.

Logically there are more decoys than real stuff.
Everything is real for the OSINT guys. I wonder where the decoys are.

Maybe you are right.

A satellite has a variety of ways to detect a decoy.

If they can figure out the atmosphere composition of a planet thousands of light years away (or more), they can figure out if the sub is fake or not.

Decoys help more against UAVs now a days.

They could be doing extra maintenance or modernizing, upgrading various parts. We simply don't know.

Maybe you are right.

They could be doing extra maintenance or modernizing, upgrading various parts. We simply don't know.
That is also another possibility.If one was going to fit new weapons systems or other upgrades then it would make sense to do it to all 3 boats at the same facility at the same time.

However, in Hi Sutton article, the proof of the images is missing, that is, the one where you really see the third Kilo class out of the water.
Probably he will have had access to classified or paid images and will certainly publish them when he has had the authorization, but at the moment this is not present and in the free viewing ones the third Kilo is attached to the dock of the military base always in Bandar Abbass.
Perhaps the Iranian military authorities themselves will inform.
In the absence of images of the submarine in the shipyard, its eventual absence from the naval base could also mean that it has gone on a mission.
Therefore we just have to wait

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom