What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

That actually doesnt look too bad at all,great work:enjoy:,tho I wish that the navy had gone for a large central aircraft elevator and a corresponding large under pad hanger deck.However the navy is extremely conservative when it comes to its design choices sadly,indeed one wonders if the irin would`ve done this if it hadnt been for the irgc-n producing its base ship
I am of the opinion that it is difficult to achieve more in 6 months, perhaps using a container ship it was easier to achieve what you wrote, since having the holds free is more adaptable even with the implementation of modified stadard containers, becoming a sort of helicopter carrier / troop carrier. The Makran 441, on the other hand, is a tanker and I think that it is more difficult and dangerous to work to modify the tanks, but precisely because it is a tanker it is already prepared to refuel other ships, Probably this was the capacity that as a first important point for the Iranian Navy, then of course the size of the ship has allowed and allows to add other opportunities of use. Now it remains to see how it will actually be when the work is completed and what improvements will be poured into the "Makran-2" Which hull will they use for the "Makran-2" again that of a tanker ship or a container ship ?!

Can anyone provide a list of translations of the ship jargon used in Farsi? For instance breast and heel I think correspond to bow and stern. Wherever the hangar and second bridge will be, it will be the breast, whatever that means in English ship terminology.
Also, the space underneath the helo deck is already taken up by a variety of ancillary facilities for the ship because the actual fuel tanker section is the bulk of the vessel.
Another thing I found curious about the interview is that the ship already has some good medical facilities but the future refit is going to add either 1 or 2 extra 400 square meter clinics, including dental work. He also said that either right now or in the future refit, any and all forms of scanning a human body will be available on this ship which makes me wonder if this vessel is also going to making port calls in the future and provide some medical services to other countries in soft power projection by Iran. Just seems that a great part of the ship is intended to be an advanced floating hospital.

Iran Army Navy military drill in the Makran Coast and the northern Indian Ocean: Qadir and Qadir naval cruise missile launch, Fateh submarine torpedo launch, Iran Navy SH-3D helicopter intercepting U.S nuclear Submarine 1:36

Last edited:
Admiral Khanzandi did state that corona required that this vessel be available asap as Iran could no longer count on ports outside of Iran and the instability in Yemen and increased attacks against shipping in the Red Sea precipitated the need for this and the other floating bases. Makran 2 is currently being fitted out as well. I don't remember ever hearing of so many ships this size for the IRIN so soon until this past year; I believe corona being the main catalyst for these.

It's the first I've heard of attacks in the Red sea.

I suppose the blue water fleet cannot provide 24/7 protection year round for shipping without this supply/support vessel.

It's the first I've heard of attacks in the Red sea.

I suppose the blue water fleet cannot provide 24/7 protection year round for shipping without this supply/support vessel.
He said terrorist attacks as opposed to piracy, making the situation more serious. The Saviz is already there and has been for years supposedly. These newer larger ships allow for operations and long term presence that the Kharg couldn't have the capacity for fulfilling.

No matter what the price end up to be you are protecting $300 million dollar asset and lives of the crew. This is the case where you want to go top of the line but domestic production.

Definitely. The crew have been very brave going through Redsea and eastern Mediterranean and Atlantic Ocean.
They are heroes.

This guy Alireza has done a nice summary for us. He could add Samavat and Saeer too.

in the absence of other news concerning the Makran 441, place another :ashamed: photoshop of how it could look with hangar in the bow
1f7080c64223febb1425018eede740afo.png

Last edited:
put the hanger in middle of the ship
Not in the center.
The SH-3D helicopter is 22.1 meters long and 5.13 meters high, the bridge currently measures a length of "80 meters".
In order to build an adequate hangar in such dimensions as to be able to receive at least 3 SH-3D helicopters and the maintenance structures (for example 2 parked ready to exit in front of the shutter openings and 1 centrally located in the maintenance area), in the photoshop I expanded the deck forward, but it shouldn't be enough, so a portion of the current flight deck would also have to be sacrificed.
However, a large flight deck would still be usable.

Before
fae558c11549027e27194ed77874a76eo.jpg

After
1f7080c64223febb1425018eede740afo.png

Certainly mine is just a photoshop to evaluate how it could look with the hangar and command structures at the bow and it absolutely does not want to be a project, for this certainly the Iranian engineers are the most qualified people to make it.

Last edited:
put the hanger in middle of the ship
The main Structure of this naval ship belonged to an oil tanker. You cannot put consider able amount of load in the Middle of the ship without calculating the bending strength of the main Structure in that specific point. The one that @sahureka2 chose we can claim without calculation that is most suitable point for placing a hangar given the fact that placing hangar near the forecastle part of the ship could make a Balance of force with accommodation part of ship. However, if it was a Container ship then your suggestion could be suitable also.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom