What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

These are days with a lot of news, pictures of the "Zereh 235", Sina class, I think it is in Bandar Abbas, it is reported that tomorrow there will be more pictures
Also from "hufden" user from Russian site

d68e6583727a571bddf63430265e6104o.jpg

12-9381689-161044880.jpg
It looks like it radome is larger, but I'm not sure and could just be imagining it based on color contrast.

Why half of the hull is painted black!!..stupid question but I was wondering!

Iran’s Navy Stages War Game, Receives Two Warships
January, 13, 2021 - 10:52 Politics news

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Iranian Navy on Wednesday took delivery of a forward base ship and a corvette as it started a military exercise in Iran’s southern waters.
In a formal ceremony on Wednesday morning, the Navy’s Southern Fleet received Makran forward base ship and Zereh (Armor) missile-launching frigate on the first day of a naval drill, dubbed Eqtedar (Power).

The event was attended by Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri, Army Commander Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi, and other senior commanders.

Makran forward base ship can carry 100,000 tons of fuel and fresh water and supply them to the naval vessels in various locations.

The Iranian vessel is capable of making voyages for 1,000 days without a port call.

In September, Navy Commander Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi said Makran is the country’s largest military vessel that can carry seven helicopters.

It could provide support for the Navy’s forces and warships in high seas, especially in the Northern Indian Ocean, Bab el-Mandeb Strait and Red Sea.

Zereh missile-launching vessel, with its high maneuverability and speed, would help the Navy in defending the Islamic Republic of Iran’s territorial waters.

Iran’s Armed Forces hold routine military exercises throughout the year in order to enhance capabilities to defend the country and its interests.

The Eqtedar-99 drill that began on Wednesday morning involves various naval units.

The war game zone covers the Makran coasts in southeast Iran and the Indian Ocean WATERS.

1399102320331994422013604.jpg
1399102320222038022013564.jpg
1399102320202966122013554.jpg
1399102315080917922011124.jpg
1399102315080558522011124.jpg

So this vessel also carries speed boats that would probably be used the same way that IRGCN would use them and IRGCN is starting to employ large ships and tactics similar to what IRIN does, so at some point the IRGCN and IRIN will become hard to distinguish from one another more so than the other branches of Artesh vs Sepah.

Thanks to @WudangMaster for the video..I have few point to mention:

1- Did you notice many Iranian high level Military chiefs in ONE helicopter...an accident and half of Iran's military high command gone..these are issues they pay no attention to ..just like when they did not close the air space .

2- As you said it before.Navy officer uniforms seems to have changed..great looking uniform.

3- Amazed to see those sea king helicopters still in working order..Canada was a big operator but retired them few years back due to spare parts problem.

4- still do not know how they are moving things up and down while at sea..I guess a big weapons placement and other structural retrofits are in order for this ship.

Thanks to @WudangMaster for the video..I have few point to mention:

1- Did you notice many Iranian high level Military chiefs in ONE helicopter...an accident and half of Iran's military high command gone..these are issues they pay no attention to ..just like when they did not close the air space .

2- As you said it before.Navy officer uniforms seems to have changed..great looking uniform.

3- Amazed to see those sea king helicopters still in working order..Canada was a big operator but retired them few years back due to spare parts problem.

4- still do not know how they are moving things up and down while at sea..I guess a big weapons placement and other structural retrofits are in order for this ship.
I was also absolutely shocked when the judicial official said that there are no defined protocols in place for closing down civilian air traffic or at least that's the impression I got when I heard it. He said something to the effect of the conflict being in the western parts and there was no reason to think it would spill over to Tehran. So you are about to get into a firefight with America and you don't think the capital will be targeted? Did saddam spare the capital ever? The imposed war experience should have caused them to have such protocols in place already!

I didn't think about them all being in the same craft and that is a good point, the helo could fall either due to sabotage or plain accident.

I think the majority of the Makran is still the tanker carrying fuel for its job and all of the other changes & refit are found on the main deck and below the helo pad so this version doesn't need access from the top of the main deck to below because I think it's mainly fuel. I think there is crane on the main deck for the speed boats.
I would call for a lift to access the lower level for the Shahid Roudaki as the empty space below is a bit wasted, if it can't easily be accessed from the top.

As we have stated before, these naval assets will also be used for intelligence gathering and relay points. Again, this is very important, especially in the Indian Ocean. As Iran increases its potential A2/AD zone, I expect to see more of these ships being retrofitted and delivered. From the video, they stated it took them around 6 month to do this, thus this can be done in a time efficient manner. IRGC-Navy and IRIN will certainly work together to create the permanent Indian ocean base that has been talked about. Now the navy needs to work on increasing the production rate of its warship to meet the future needs of these bases.

From the first photos published to the images in the video, you can see that on the helicopter deck they have placed an "accessory" covered by a tarp, some elements of the photo seem to identify the cabin and a large vehicle, a box truck! maybe specialized container?
maybe with something inside to use during these exercises?
Hope to have new images soon

86cf0994a87fc1e288118a0016fd6baco.png

46021012041c4e3942266dd103da784eo.png

66e4e0bc1f7862ba48639850841ec4bao.png

From the first photos published to the images in the video, you can see that on the helicopter deck they have placed an "accessory" covered by a tarp, some elements of the photo seem to identify the cabin and a large vehicle, a box truck! maybe specialized container?
maybe with something inside to use during these exercises?
Hope to have new images soon

86cf0994a87fc1e288118a0016fd6baco.png

46021012041c4e3942266dd103da784eo.png

66e4e0bc1f7862ba48639850841ec4bao.png

yes, I had guessed well, 8-) who knows what it carries ?
e51d81858308ecd38c4b9b6fa8425df6o.jpg

and a look towards the bow
301c67dd957ce4b6bfd8e777ba1d29d4o.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom