What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

so basically Dena is like Jamaran? No VLS or CIWS? They said a year ago they will equip it with VLS yet it has no VLS. Disappointing. @skyshadow

Little early to declare with any degree of certainty what it will be equipped with...
And they have never declared that they plan on putting a VLS on the Dena and that ship has had so many delay that it's best they just let them (ISOICO) finish it so there aren't any more excuses. Dena's hall and deck where built long before Iran announced plans to develop VLS systems... ISCOIS also has another completed hull that's just been sitting there for years that they haven't even started on... While up north the Damavand had an accident was deconstructed then reconstructed and put back together with a newly designed deck and upgraded with more advanced equipment...
So in my opinion they either have some major management issues over there at ISOICO or they have been ordered to focus on other things....

1606132130456.png

1606131907697.png

Little early to declare with any degree of certainty what it will be equipped with...
And they have never declared that they plan on putting a VLS on the Dena and that ship has had so many delay that it's best they just let them (ISOICO) finish it so there aren't any more excuses. Dena's hall and deck where built long before Iran announced plans to develop VLS systems... ISCOIS also has another completed hull that's just been sitting there for years that they haven't even started on... While up north the Damavand had an accident was deconstructed then reconstructed and put back together with a newly designed deck and upgraded with more advanced equipment...
So in my opinion they either have some major management issues over there at ISOICO or they have been ordered to focus on other things....

View attachment 690350

View attachment 690347
D20F50BE-547D-4D3C-B325-A0AD5C651C27.jpeg

A year ago...

I think the vls might be a navalised Tor M1 or M2/Oghab or missiles of similar size where an entire compartment similar to Tor can be mounted and radars placed at the Mast. Navalized Sayyad missiles will need larger space for vls and the future trimarine will probably be the first to house sayyads.
I wonder now if the vls sayyads will be more expensive than their 3rd/15th Khordad counterparts due to the need for thrust vectoring for vls capability.

I think the vls might be a navalised Tor M1 or M2/Oghab or missiles of similar size where an entire compartment similar to Tor can be mounted and radars placed at the Mast. Navalized Sayyad missiles will need larger space for vls and the future trimarine will probably be the first to house sayyads.
I wonder now if the vls sayyads will be more expensive than their 3rd/15th Khordad counterparts due to the need for thrust vectoring for vls capability.

A ship with a 10-20KM air defense system (tor m1) is worthless.

Also Iran has experience with hot launch cells not cold launch cells found in Tor M1. Though it is working on cold launch technology, I don’t believe the design will be mature enough to make it to ships just yet. First needs to past land tests for a period of time.

My assumption of it using smaller missiles is from the news that can be retrofitted to older vessels. I agree that the most effective would be vls versions of sayyad 2 range but I don't know where they would fit that on older ships.
I'm trying to quote but something is buggy

I didn't write that it was the Dena, I found that the artillery systems were probably already installed.
Also from the lines of the superstructures it was clear that it was the Damavand 2

I didn't say it wont have it simply that it's too early to say....
Also as far as I know so far they have only announced that they plan on putting a VLS on the Damavand-2

Dena's construction has taken too long that much is clear! Also the hall and deck where completed long before Iran announced plans to develop VLS

وزیر دفاع: ناوشکن دنا در حوزه تجهیزات و عملکرد متفاوت از هم‌رده‌های خود است وزیر دفاع گفت: در آینده نزدیک ناوشکن تمام‌ایرانی دنا را که به لحاظ امکانات، تجهیزات و عملکرد متفاوت از ناوشکن‌های هم‌نسل خود است، تحویل نیروی دریایی ارتش خواهیم داد. ۰۳ آذر ۱۳۹۹ - ۱۷:۱۱ (tasnimnews.com)

Now how different the Dena is going to be in terms of weapons systems remains to be seen!
It could be modified to be an Air Defense Corvette or specifically equipped to carry out land attack missions IDK! What I do know is that it's construction has taken too long and ISOICO has held another Mowj class hall practically hostage without doing any work on it for almost half a decade! And that's absurd!
If they can't get the job done then they should have passed the work(The Hull) on to someone that can!

No its smart. Its no different then what the U.S. Navy uses. Its clever to be able to put IRBM TELs on it.

5-20-15-MLP3-AT-1775.jpg
lol
we already visit it and analyse it completely
در عین حال، قرار است نیروی دریایی ارتش نیز در هفته های آینده، شناور بزرگ دیگری را معرفی کند که آنهم همچون شناور جدید ندسا، از تغییر کاربری و اعمال تغییرات و بهینه سازی متعدد در یک شناور غیرنظامی سر برآورده است.
and now we can put puzzles together, and see IRGC also has similar project to navy.

Last edited:
i can't remember the name of this IRGC sub , was it zolfaqar or was it zoljanah either way here it is in operation

1606247302944.png

Back
Top Bottom