What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Shiraz to be inaugrated next Iranian year. Tiamaran to to beging its build next year:

A ship of the same class as the L110-1 Shahid Roudaki was used in the recent past by Italy to transport military vehicles and supplies in containers

Photo Enrico Di Giacomo marzo 2015
668ea2696d746394f9552a6b9f74eeabo.png

fcd849c1bec15f1940f36d9d92b0444co.jpg

Last edited:
Is it possible this was modified to have an opening that vehicles could turn to access the lower deck while out water? There has to be some modification made to make the lower deck accessible, also where would the boats normally be held during operation, if not below deck? I can't imagine them hanging off the sides like smaller life boats.
Would creating such an opening create structural issues for the tower above it?

Only personal need access you don't need to play musical chares with your equipment while at sea.... and if they where really pressed on creating equipment access to below deck they could modify it by adding a lift however that's not how the IRGC operates...
IRGC doctrine is based on creating the maximum amount of capability with the smallest amount of budget as humanely possible.

What IRGC would do is buy and or build a $2-$3 Million vessel modify and or refurbish it to their specs then equip it with Iranian built weapons produced at a fraction of the cost and with an overall price tag of $20-$30 Million USD (What the Saud's pay for an MQ-1C or a singe black hawk) end up with a vessel that can carry out a wide array of missions with it's own helo, air defense, anti ship missiles, LACM, UAV's & UCAV's, missile boats...
And that's how Iran get's it's money's worth when It comes to weapons.

1605964159682.png

Only personal need access you don't need to play musical chares with your equipment while at sea.... and if they where really pressed on creating equipment access to below deck they could modify it by adding a lift however that's not how the IRGC operates...
IRGC doctrine is based on creating the maximum amount of capability with the smallest amount of budget as humanely possible.

What IRGC would do is buy and or build a $2-$3 Million vessel modify and or refurbish it to their specs then equip it with Iranian built weapons produced at a fraction of the cost and with an overall price tag of $20-$30 Million USD (What the Saud's pay for an MQ-1C or a singe black hawk) end up with a vessel that can carry out a wide array of missions with it's own helo, air defense, anti ship missiles, LACM, UAV's & UCAV's, missile boats...
And that's how Iran get's it's money's worth when It comes to weapons.

View attachment 689887

I was thinking about the price tag and was wondering if any entity in the country cold manufacture at that cost with all components fitted out and all; for the long term it should build on its own as part of the resistance economy but the price tag on the boat probably made it hard to resist.

Also, how do the boats get in and out of the water? If they are housed below and deployed far at sea they have to be able be moved about or do the boats accompany the vessel in the water while at sea? Might there be some sort of crane in use when it's deployed to sea?
I think step is to integrate the 3rd and 15th Khordad more fully into the ship by decentralizing from vehicle platform as I described in previous posts. Add some ASW and CIWS or give it the ability to deploy ghadir subs for ASW while at sea.
I also thought of a variant of this ship that could be used to deploy a smaller version of an OTH radar like the ghadir on the main deck, if such a thing is feasible. For the time being, it does need some further protection from accompanying ships or subs but all in all it seems to satisfy a need of the IRGCN for a bargain price.

Also, how do the boats get in and out of the water?..............
...................... Might there be some sort of crane in use when it's deployed to sea?

As I previously reported, in the video of the ship's presentation ceremony, she identified a yellow crane such as those that are sometimes used to put boats into the sea

edaca7e231ac6368e85388394926c9f9o.png

7dc9f74f88f772cf4539abafde2ce117o.jpg

0e8efd8e2fc00548964ce8308537e2bao.png

Which can be anchored to the deck in the hooks provided on the deck, the same used by the commercial ship to anchor loads or vehicles and which are still present today which is L110-1.

The anchor points are placed in those holes that are seen on the deck
d438147e0ef0d742aae79f499c4d8d04o.jpg

If that is the 3rd sea base ship under construction and Shahid Roudaki was the 1st then where is the 2nd?

the 3th one actually is a helicopter / UCAV carrier for Army navy not IRGC this was the mistake from writer unprofessional source ( so IRGC only has two as of now )

the first one

1605984787178.png

the second one

1605984903342.png

As I previously reported, in the video of the ship's presentation ceremony, she identified a yellow crane such as those that are sometimes used to put boats into the sea

edaca7e231ac6368e85388394926c9f9o.png

7dc9f74f88f772cf4539abafde2ce117o.jpg

0e8efd8e2fc00548964ce8308537e2bao.png

Which can be anchored to the deck in the hooks provided on the deck, the same used by the commercial ship to anchor loads or vehicles and which are still present today which is L110-1.

The anchor points are placed in those holes that are seen on the deck
d438147e0ef0d742aae79f499c4d8d04o.jpg

I didn't realize those pics were of the this ship. That explains it then. Also, this deck layout is probably for presentation only and the deck layout would change a lot from mission to mission.

mshrgh.ir/1146791v
admiral khanzadi with mashreghnews:
هدف عمده استفاده از موشکی که عمودپرتاب باشد در تمام دنیا برای دفاع ضدهوایی است یعنی علیه یک سکوی پرنده‌ای که یا خودش موشک و راکت در دو ارتفاع کوتاه و متوسط پرتاب می‌کند یا بمب می‌آورد. در ناوشکن دماوند طراحی بر مبنای نصب این موشک است. کار صنعتی هم در وزارت دفاع با سرعت در حال انجام است و چون نمونه زمینی را داشتیم، مشکلی نیست و امیدواریم تا پایان امسال نمونه دریایی هم آماده شود.

این کار در ناوشکن دنا پس از آزمایش در ناوشکن دماوند به صورت اصلاحی انجام خواهد شد چون ساخت دنا از قبل بوده و حالا باید اصلاحاتی برای نصب موشک عمودپرواز انجام شود اما روی دماوند این موشک پیش‌بینی شده است. نوع دیگر این موشک عمودپرواز که کروز هم نیست از نوع بالستیک است و در آینده از آن ها برای ناوشکن‌های سنگین‌تر و زیردریایی‌های سنگین‌تر استفاده خواهیم کرد چون ما انواع موشک بالستیک در خشکی داریم و بردن موشک بالستیک از خشکی روی شناور و زیردریایی برای ما محدودیتی ندارد.

damavand will get vls for air defence, Dena will be upgraded to have vls. and the system will (hopefully) be completed by the end of the year (probably persian calendar year)
also they will add ballistic missile to heavier ships.:yay:

I was thinking about the price tag and was wondering if any entity in the country cold manufacture at that cost with all components fitted out and all; for the long term it should build on its own as part of the resistance economy but the price tag on the boat probably made it hard to resist.

Also, how do the boats get in and out of the water? If they are housed below and deployed far at sea they have to be able be moved about or do the boats accompany the vessel in the water while at sea? Might there be some sort of crane in use when it's deployed to sea?
I think step is to integrate the 3rd and 15th Khordad more fully into the ship by decentralizing from vehicle platform as I described in previous posts. Add some ASW and CIWS or give it the ability to deploy ghadir subs for ASW while at sea.
I also thought of a variant of this ship that could be used to deploy a smaller version of an OTH radar like the ghadir on the main deck, if such a thing is feasible. For the time being, it does need some further protection from accompanying ships or subs but all in all it seems to satisfy a need of the IRGCN for a bargain price.

Iran has the capability to produce Hall's and decks relatively quickly and at a relatively affordable price but the main problem Iran has and would have is with engines, propulsion, gearbox, generators and other specific parts required to produce various equipment...
Now a lot of other ship manufacturing countries simply import these parts and components at a regular price where as we get double or triple charged mainly due to the U.S. and if we choose to develop the infrastructure to produce every single part and component ourselves and at an affordable price it would require years and years of infrastructure development and it's not something that would happen overnight and would require years of investment and development before it actually becomes affordable. And I believe this is a long term plan Iran is moving towards however due to limited funding this would be something that's going to happen in the span of decades not years...

Back
Top Bottom