thm_1746992_140.jpg
thm_1746994_330.jpg
thm_1746987_632.jpg
thm_1746993_469.jpg
D1736795T14250789(web)(b).jpg
2316390.jpg
1397052212510728315015274.jpg

Iran's new missile called Fateh Mobin

Yes, there is a picture, but I do not remember where I saw it. If I find it, I will send it to you.
Cqtg_InW8AA7z39.jpg:large

but this is the picture of the Russian CIWS AK-630 30mm, and in Iran it is present because was the secondary armament of the two project 02065 class "Bogomol" that were in service in the Iraqi navy, one of which arrived in Iran.
01-5880173-02065-shifr-vikhr-iii.jpg

the Iranian shipyard north of Bostanu ( probably year 2007 )
LHtSOE3.jpg

the local version of the AK-630 would be a good solution, but I want to remind you that North Korea has also implemented a similar system, this too in 30 mm
e8XVxYY.jpg

that the Iranian tenants could have had the chance to study.

However in the article it is specified "indigenized version of Phalanx, a close-in weapon system (CIWS)"
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...uipped-with-homegrown-version-of-phalanx-ciws
therefore this leads to think of a 20mm system like the Vulcan US, very well known in Iran as it is installed on F-4 aircraft

frigate Alvand class that appears on google maps in the shipyard of Bandar Abbas
It is a satellite image of free observation, therefore not very recent, but observing the ship at the stern it seems that there is no more on board the twin 35 mm turret,
who knows if this will be the first frigate to receive the new CIWS Karmand

2hzsmtv.jpg

frigate Alvand class that appears on google maps in the shipyard of Bandar Abbas
It is a satellite image of free observation, therefore not very recent, but observing the ship at the stern it seems that there is no more on board the twin 35 mm turret,
who knows if this will be the first frigate to receive the new CIWS Karmand

2hzsmtv.jpg
I think they said one CIWS has already been installed and is operational ..

I think they said one CIWS has already been installed and is operational ..

for what I wrote that the photo is probably not recent, that frigate Alvand class was there for maintenance, it is possible that the work is over and the frigate returned to the fleet and perhaps with a new weapon system on board.
however mine is always a hypothesis.

PS.
it would take someone who has a chance to clarify if that frigate is still in the dry dock

but this is the picture of the Russian CIWS AK-630 30mm, and in Iran it is present because was the secondary armament of the two project 02065 class "Bogomol" that were in service in the Iraqi navy, one of which arrived in Iran.
01-5880173-02065-shifr-vikhr-iii.jpg

the Iranian shipyard north of Bostanu ( probably year 2007 )
LHtSOE3.jpg

the local version of the AK-630 would be a good solution, but I want to remind you that North Korea has also implemented a similar system, this too in 30 mm
e8XVxYY.jpg

that the Iranian tenants could have had the chance to study.

However in the article it is specified "indigenized version of Phalanx, a close-in weapon system (CIWS)"
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...uipped-with-homegrown-version-of-phalanx-ciws
therefore this leads to think of a 20mm system like the Vulcan US, very well known in Iran as it is installed on F-4 aircraft
Yes,the lack of a ciws on irans blue water ships is one of those utterly baffling oversights that just seems so utterly incomprehensible,also the article says that they began development of this home grown ciws only back in 2015!?....dear lord!,did it really take them until then to realise they needed this sort of thing?,and then take another 3 years to develop one on their own?.The level of total incompetence in the navy when it comes to procurement must be second only to the airforce.
Why oh why did they not simply acquire the dprk ak230 based 30mm gatling back in the early 2000s ffs.
I can only hope that the article is wrong and that we will see a reverse/reengineered copy of the ak630 and not some iranian phalanx lash up from an a2a cannon plus some radar that they`ve grafted on to it.......yeeesh!.
The "brand new" f5 unveiling was bad enough but this just sounds like the icing on the [sh!t] cake.[vomits]
CqthobsWEAAPIyz.jpg

Yes,the lack of a ciws on irans blue water ships is one of those utterly baffling oversights that just seems so utterly incomprehensible,also the article says that they began development of this home grown ciws only back in 2015!?....dear lord!,did it really take them until then to realise they needed this sort of thing?,and then take another 3 years to develop one on their own?.The level of total incompetence in the navy when it comes to procurement must be second only to the airforce.
Why oh why did they not simply acquire the dprk ak230 based 30mm gatling back in the early 2000s ffs.
I can only hope that the article is wrong and that we will see a reverse/reengineered copy of the ak630 and not some iranian phalanx lash up from an a2a cannon plus some radar that they`ve grafted on to it.......yeeesh!.
The "brand new" f5 unveiling was bad enough but this just sounds like the icing on the [sh!t] cake.[vomits]
CqthobsWEAAPIyz.jpg

Maybe because it’s not a war time situation Einstein, so there was not a pressing need to get a CWIS complete at all costs.

Sorry to Burst your bubble princess, but a tiny missile ship or 1970’s mowj era frigate is dead on arrival in any conflict with the US Navy irregardless of what CWIS it has on its deck!

Hell a Hezbollah Rawadan special forces squad could sink a Mowj frigate without breaking a sweat!

So yes there are things called priority in the military.

With your logic the US should utterly self implode because Russia has an operational nuclear equipped hypersonic glide vehicle while the US still has zero defenses or an operational HGV of their own.

Last edited:
CqthobsWEAAPIyz.jpg
Some times the rate of fire is more important than the size of bullets.

Maybe because it’s not a war time situation Einstein, so there was not a pressing need to get a CWIS complete at all costs.
Yeah,and according to that so called "logic" maybe they also shouldnt send the ships out to sea with ammo or a working radar either because you know "its not a wartime situation",right?.
Most naval vessels in this class have been mounting defence systems like this for years,decades in fact,because of well,you know all those cheap antiship cruise missiles that are out there,in fact what makes this oversight so even more utterly egregious,not to mention totally incomprehensible in my book is the fact that one of the main backbones of irans area denial capability in the strait of hormuz is,guess what....antiship cruise missiles.
Lastly,I dont consider myself to be an Einstein,but then its not like I really need to be one in order to blow your arguments,such as they are,right out of the water....now do I?.

Sorry to Burst your bubble princess, but a tiny missile ship or 1970’s mowj era frigate is dead on arrival in any conflict with the US Navy irregardless of what CWIS it has on its deck!
Well in that case Tinkerbell why even bother wasting resources on blue water vessels at all then if they`re only going to be target practice,especially if you cant even be bothered to equip them with basic self defence systems,why not just spend the money instead on weapons that wont just be target practice or worse just a potemkin.Of course,then again these always the possibility that you might not be going up against the usn but some regional navy instead,like the gulfies for instance,and then that ciws might prove very handy indeed....if you actually had one installed that is.

Hell a Hezbollah Rawadan special forces squad could sink a Mowj frigate without breaking a sweat!
Yeah,especially if it doesnt have any defences worth a damn in the first place.Otherwise see my response #2

So yes there are things called priority in the military.
Yeah,and equipping your warships with basic ashcm defences like ciws should be one of them,and pretty much have been ever since the british royal navy ashcm losses in the falklands back in 82,otherwise you just might wind up losing that very,very expensive blue water warship to a little fac with a couple of cruise missiles that costs a fraction of what that blue water vessel cost,oh and thats without the costs in crew members lives and of course the resulting military and political costs as well.

With your logic the US should utterly self implode because Russia has an operational nuclear equipped hypersonic glide vehicle while the US still has zero defenses or an operational HGV of their own.
Wow,what a great example....I mean comparing decades old technology like ciws that iran certainly in theory could`ve easily acquired from other sources such as the dprk a couple of decades ago,with the very latest in hypersonic weapons most of which are still either in the testing phase or have at best only just begun deployment,yeah that really is a great argument....NOT
In closing I leave you with this little proverb,and tho it may be old and times may have changed,the sentiments expressed in it and the lesson it illustrates is just as true today as when it was first coined all the way back to the 13th century.

For Want of a Nail
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Why was Fadavi moved do we think? was he given a more sensior position? He seemed like a capable commander.

Back
Top Bottom