What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Makran IFV

Another endless prototype? Or true production model.

Armour seems kind of light. Hamas BBQ’d a several Israeli soldiers a few years ago because they were using old M113 from 20-30 years ago without upgraded armour during the last Gaza land invasion.

Another endless prototype? Or true production model.

Armour seems kind of light. Hamas BBQ’d a several Israeli soldiers a few years ago because they were using old M113 from 20-30 years ago without upgraded armour during the last Gaza land invasion.
It "was" a prototype

Beside the Wikipedia article and Janes, these are the only informations i found

Didn't heard more of it for more than one year, there are supposedly prototypes carrying two Almas ATGM

Interesting if true. The most advanced Russian variant has a range of over 5 KM. There is a video floating online showing a Russian soldier hitting a Ukrainian tank from more than 5 KM. So I wonder if the Iranian variant can match that. Also Russia allegedly handed Iran Javelin ATGMs captured in Ukraine. If so when will we see Iranian variants of Javelin ?

Interesting if true. The most advanced Russian variant has a range of over 5 KM. There is a video floating online showing a Russian soldier hitting a Ukrainian tank from more than 5 KM. So I wonder if the Iranian variant can match that. Also Russia allegedly handed Iran Javelin ATGMs captured in Ukraine. If so when will we see Iranian variants of Javelin ?

?

that tweet is somehow wrong , Iran use a plain red tape , Russian use a red tape with several row of dots on it andďin this tweet the red tape have those dots . in this case the red tape more show the type of ammunition than its origin .
the red tape show you use the missile against bunkers and personnel rather than armors .

IMG_20230429_001004.jpg

Tosan IFV

Judging by the dates on captured examples bound for yemen,iran has been producing the extended range kornet variants [EM],both AT and TBF ,since at least 2021.
FqMThaDXgAIguBc

Dehlavieh-3-missile-old.jpg

The Almas performs the same functions as the javelin in the ground launched role and also is used as a drone and helo launched weapon as well,so it doesnt really make much sense to go to all of the effort and expense of reverse/reengineering the javelin.In addition the javelin is a very expensive weapon per shot compared to something like a kornet.

Judging by the dates on captured examples bound for yemen,iran has been producing the extended range kornet variants [EM],both AT and TBF ,since at least 2021.
FqMThaDXgAIguBc

Dehlavieh-3-missile-old.jpg

The Almas performs the same functions as the javelin in the ground launched role and also is used as a drone and helo launched weapon as well,so it doesnt really make much sense to go to all of the effort and expense of reverse/reengineering the javelin.In addition the javelin is a very expensive weapon per shot compared to something like a kornet.
javelin is man portable , Almas and Dehlavieh are not

Le 9M133M-2, lui, en est la version améliorée. Si peu d’informations sont connues à son sujet, l’Iranian Press News Agency indique néanmoins que son poids est de 27 kg, que sa portée maximale atteint les 8 km et qu’il peut pénétrer jusqu’à 1 300 mm de blindage

Is this based on the BTR-80 or am I mistaken ? I'm pretty sure it is. Iran should produce something like the Russian BMPT Terminator & TOS flamethrower. Since they're both based on the T-72 chassis, why not ? Although it seems that Iran's military brass prefer using lighter, less armored platforms for those purposes.

Also I wish Iran would install a more powerful engine on their T-72/T-90 variants. 1000 hp is not enough for mountainous terrain in my opinion, especially with reactive armor & an active protection system installed. Action protection systems need to be installed on Iran's frontline tanks otherwise we have all seen what happens in Ukraine to tanks with modern ATGM threats. This extends to western tanks as we've seen Leopard 2s in Syria & Abrams in Yemen torn to pieces by militant groups.

Tosan IFV

Watch them destroy Leopard 2s, Challenger 2s with those. Iranian ATGMs have already destroyed Abrams in Yemen and those were lesser variants, hand me downs given to the Houthis by Iran. Obviously Russians won't settle for anything but the best Iran has to offer.

Le 9M133M-2, lui, en est la version améliorée. Si peu d’informations sont connues à son sujet, l’Iranian Press News Agency indique néanmoins que son poids est de 27 kg, que sa portée maximale atteint les 8 km et qu’il peut pénétrer jusqu’à 1 300 mm de blindage

Back
Top Bottom