What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I was hoping to see at least the Toophan MRAP instead of the Kian and the 30+ year old Raksh APCs. The APCs are good against small arms fire but offer no protection against the IEDs that have been planted by Terrorists to target the border guards. That being said, it is a step in the right direction and I hope that it is something that they invest much more in.

Screenshot_20210209-190827.jpg

Russia's next generation "Sotnik" armour can apparently protect against .50 caliber. Iran needs to start development and delivery of such a next generation armour to its forces, matter of fact, it should be one of Iran's priorities. Losing even a single soldier when that could have been prevented by proper armour would be beyond unacceptable.

The system uses a polyethlyene based material called "super-thread":

Now although this armour may "stop" a .50 bullet from penetrating but presumably the dissipated energy would potentially cause serious internal damage, thus this also has to be addressed. My feeling is that this 0.50 protection although true, it is more of a marketing slogan. The real breakthrough would be something that is quite light and can protect against most commonly used rounds.

1612888591702.png

Last edited:
Whats the story behind this helmet
This twitter account said its Iranian and unveiled in a Russian military exhibition in Iran's room
View attachment 715307

That is not Iranian design. It is the " WoSport Tactical Future Modular Helmet". You used to be able to buy it on Amazon:

1612994130029.png

Alot of this is are concepts already used in asymmetric warfare.

They are talking about using light vehicles to take out a tank from 10 x the range that a MBT can fire among other mobile assets.

This is exactly what I was talking about with regards to Iranian Paratrooper exercises 2 weeks ago. Air dropping of Safir variants ranging from Safir-artillery, recoilless rifles and toophan are essential to confronting anything sent to destroy it.

A better situation would be moving on from Safirs to slighly heavier vehicles such as:

1613065504331.png
1613065514938.png

For anti-armor, and artillery support with providing protection from small arms and shrapnel. This is essentially what the Marine Corps are looking to transition too.

Last edited:

Alot of this is are concepts already used in asymmetric warfare.

They are talking about using light vehicles to take out a tank from 10 x the range that a MBT can fire among other mobile assets.

This is exactly what I was talking about with regards to Iranian Paratrooper exercises 2 weeks ago. Air dropping of Safir variants ranging from Safir-artillery, recoilless rifles and toophan are essential to confronting anything sent to destroy it.

A better situation would be moving on from Safirs to slighly heavier vehicles such as:

View attachment 715447View attachment 715448

For anti-armor, and artillery support with providing protection from small arms and shrapnel. This is essentially what the Marine Corps are looking to transition too.
Reminds me of when pentagon was advising Taiwan to defend itself in the future using the exact same tactics as the IRGCN and even IRGC-ASF.

Back
Top Bottom