What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Toofan Mrap , Iraq

EfixLHyX0AI_EuJ

EfixL04WAAUaniG

There seems to be more of these in Iraq than Iran, though I suppose Iraq has more immediate use for them

There seems to be more of these in Iraq than Iran, though I suppose Iraq has more immediate use for them

They are more visible in Iraq due to the current conditions and based on requirement. That doesn't mean Iraq has more of them...
It's the same thing with the U.S. HUMVEE they are far more visible in Iraq than in the U.S. at least they used to be before these protests started...

we should have a constant recoil rifle of our own:

if you do not have the time just watch the last minute.

So Karrar is infact a refurbished T-72?

The most difficult component to produce indigneous shall be the 1200 hp diesel engine.
yes...and why not? probably 30% of the cost of a T-90 but 90% of the value and usefulness of the T-90....i think the Karrar upgrade Iran did is actually brilliant and a huge force multiplier for their land defense power and defense budget...

Quite a potent anti-tank system developed by the Russians. It is called the "Hermes". It is a supersonic system with mach-4 speed and a max range of 100km. Would like to see something like this developed by Iran and proliferated to our regional allies.

1598904969525.png

1598904989170.png

1598905099669.png

According to the developers, "Hermes" is capable of hitting targets at a distance of up to 100 kilometers. Shooting accuracy is equally high at any time of the day.

As the developers noted, the complex is designed to destroy air defense facilities, command posts and communication centers. The Hermes is especially effective on small single targets: tanks, armored personnel carriers or infantry fighting vehicles.

Since the "Hermes" is a very accurate weapon, it can be used if necessary in densely populated areas and even in populated areas. The surrounding buildings and people will not be harmed, since only a given target will be destroyed, RIA Novosti reports.

It is also worth noting the mobility of the complex, which is capable of firing from unprepared positions. PTC is capable of hitting up to six targets simultaneously.

Judging by the characteristics that were announced by the developers, there are no analogues to "Hermes" either in Russia or in the world. It is capable of striking not single tanks, but entire units in concentration areas. Об этом сообщает "Рамблер". Далее: https://news.rambler.ru/troops/4475...edia&utm_medium=read_more&utm_source=copylink

Quite a potent anti-tank system developed by the Russians. It is called the "Hermes". It is a supersonic system with mach-4 speed and a max range of 100km. Would like to see something like this developed by Iran and proliferated to our regional allies.

View attachment 665602

View attachment 665603

View attachment 665604

Yes, it is in the direction of less tanks on the battle field. But as me already stated in the Pakistan MechInf thread: A MechInf has to be fast, quick and dirty. So imho it would be more effective to mount small missiles/mini cruise missiles, who can not only attack arty and tanks in 50+ km away, but also can attack Air vehicles, on APC and other light and fast MechInf vehicles, stored in fire ready canisters. Just my thoughts.

View attachment 665602

View attachment 665603

View attachment 665604

Never trust Russian arms dealers or spokesman. They overhype their product.

If this was as great as they say it is, then why were prototypes not tested in Syrian conflict? Perfect opportunity. I mean if a Russian automated mini tank can get tested in Syrian conflict (and fail spectacularly) then surely this more capable version of an MLRS system could have been tested.

Seems like they are still searching for a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom