What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

EbhGpk2XsAE8dbM

Could someone translate the poster please?.

guys anyone has any idea on what is this:

توپ الکتریکی.jpg

EbhGpk2XsAE8dbM

Could someone translate the poster please?.
hedayat 122 rocket system:

min range: 1.5 km
max range: 22 km
caliber: 122 mm
overall weight: 64 kg
maximum speed: 700 m/s
lethal radius: 25 meters
fuse type: mechanical-impact
warhead type: HE-fragmentation
warhead weight: 19 kg
rocket length: 2850 mm

well it says it uses electrical cartridges, does that makes it a rail-gun or something??
I dont think it's a rail-gun. It's very small and it looks like it uses low voltage and current as the wire attached to its isnt very thick. My guess is that it uses electricity to activate the charge in the shells and launch them.

I dont think it's a rail-gun. It's very small and it looks like it uses low voltage and current as the wire attached to its isnt very thick. My guess is that it uses electricity to activate the charge in the shells and launch them.
that seems more reasonable, do you know how it works??

I hadn't seen such a system before, but my guess is that it's loaded with a cartridge similar to grenade launcher cartridges for example, but it's slightly bigger and has an aluminium projectile. The explosive charge behind it is activated using electricity and its launched towards the mine. I guess that the sharp side of the projectile penetrates the mine or IED and destroys it. Also for detection, special radars that can scan underground can be used to detect them.

The BMP-2 30mm cannon is a engineering masterpiece.
It's like the AK of autocannons.

A unmanned turret that solves it's smoke generation problem at high rate of fire, is hence always welcome.

But it's just a SSJ project, remains to be seen if it is realized in numbers.

Syria uses the Russian armored vehicle version which basically shoots out a charge or charges attached to a very long wire. The wire is then detonated resulting the charge(s) exploding destroying mines and IEDs.

This Iranian device works on the same concept basically using electricity and aluminum charges Just on smaller scale and made for portable unit. Would be great for Syrian Force when clearing urban areas quickly instead of waiting for armoured mine clearing vehicles like the one described above and seen in link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UR-77_Meterorit

Back
Top Bottom