What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Does anyone have better pictures of the Zolfaqar 3 tanks or the new Tiam tanks ? maybe from the front or sides ? I'm actually impressed by how far Iran has gone with the M-47's M-60's they had in stock. Looks like they still haven't bothered to put gun manlets on the Zolfaqars. According to some rumors, Iran's army produced up to 100-200 Zolfaqar 3's, although I'm not sure. I'm guessing these are from that limited serial production ?
Zulfiqar series didn't even make the Artesh impressed about it and just a little bit better than T-72S let alone producing it and also taking into account it's price

Does anyone have better pictures of the Zolfaqar 3 tanks or the new Tiam tanks ? maybe from the front or sides ? I'm actually impressed by how far Iran has gone with the M-47's M-60's they had in stock. Looks like they still haven't bothered to put gun manlets on the Zolfaqars. According to some rumors, Iran's army produced up to 100-200 Zolfaqar 3's, although I'm not sure. I'm guessing these are from that limited serial production ?

What do you mean by "gun manlets"?

There was never any serial production of any Zolfaqar models. Only a hand full of prototypes have been built.

The Karrar is presented in the Documentary. To be fair a new t-72 armour upgrade package was shown on the 40th anniversary of the Islamic Republic and Iran does build thermal imaging sights but this documentary made it seem like all of Iran's T-72S fleet have been upgraded with these which is far from being reality.
rayan roshd afzar's only product is thermal sights

rayan roshd afzar's only product is thermal sights
They have been building thermal sights for around some years yet the Army only announced that they were upgrading their Chieftain Tanks with thermal sights last year. There was a short documentary that aired about the Chieftain refurbishment program that showed a refurbished Chieftain undergoing test trials with what looked like a new gunners sight(not the EFCS-3). Since then i have been keeping a close eye on the Chieftain tanks but have not seen another example of a Chieftain fitted with the new sight.

They have been building thermal sights for around some years yet the Army only announced that they were upgrading their Chieftain Tanks with thermal sights last year. There was a short documentary that aired about the Chieftain refurbishment program that showed a refurbished Chieftain undergoing test trials with what looked like a new gunners sight(not the EFCS-3). Since then i have been keeping a close eye on the Chieftain tanks but have not seen another example of a Chieftain fitted with the new sight.
Sadly its the same old usual story with so many of these so called "upgrade programs",one or two examples might get fitted with some new systems usually just as an experiment more than anything else,but there is almost never a concerted program to apply the upgrades across the entire fleet.I dont know why this is,is it a lack of resources or will on the part of the regular military or both,who knows?.

Sadly its the same old usual story with so many of these so called "upgrade programs",one or two examples might get fitted with some new systems usually just as an experiment more than anything else,but there is almost never a concerted program to apply the upgrades across the entire fleet.I dont know why this is,is it a lack of resources or will on the part of the regular military or both,who knows?.

there have been a few exceptions though like the T-72Z upgrade of T-55 tanks. Although there are some IRGC T-59s that have not received this upgrade.

there have been a few exceptions though like the T-72Z upgrade of T-55 tanks. Although there are some IRGC T-59s that have not received this upgrade.
True,but its all just so uncoordinated,there just doesnt seem to be any overall coordinated plans or programs for what gets upgraded or how it gets upgraded,not to mention that the implementation all just seems really random and hit and miss as well.Hopefully,at least as far as irans tank forces are concerned the karrar program will fix this but this still leaves a lot of other weapons systems ie apc,ifv,spg,artillery,attack helos,gunships that all badly need to be upgraded or better yet in some cases replaced.

True,but its all just so uncoordinated,there just doesnt seem to be any overall coordinated plans or programs for what gets upgraded or how it gets upgraded,not to mention that the implementation all just seems really random and hit and miss as well.Hopefully,at least as far as irans tank forces are concerned the karrar program will fix this but this still leaves a lot of other weapons systems ie apc,ifv,spg,artillery,attack helos,gunships that all badly need to be upgraded or better yet in some cases replaced.
With the new sanctions on Iran I doubt even the Karrar will receive proper funding to go into serial production.

how is Iran going to prioritise funding now that more sankshunz are going through?

how is Iran going to prioritise funding now that more sankshunz are going through?

1. Fix corruption
2. Retrieve income tax that is not being captured
3. Oil economy is for dinosaurs, Iran has capacity to get off oil
4. Utilize ground wins to maximize market for Iranian goods
5. Invest in renewables, software and services

1. Fix corruption
2. Retrieve income tax that is not being captured
3. Oil economy is for dinosaurs, Iran has capacity to get off oil
4. Utilize ground wins to maximize market for Iranian goods
5. Invest in renewables, software and services
Good points you mentioned...I expand on the item no 3 the oil economy.
selling crude oil for technologically advanced country like iran is a shameful..I hope these oil sanction will finally force the government to go seriously after developing petrochemical and oil derivative products and there is such a huge market for the stuff that no one can sanction you.

5199023_1549689250_626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom