What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

You drink too much camel pee....lol...
Nah man,hes just got too many bats in his belfry,thats all.
Ualuealuealeuale.gif

During the recent Army Day parade, apparently BTR-82 was announced to be present. When did Iran purchase BTR-82 for its army? There was nothing in the official or unofficial news, as far as my memory works!

That BTR-82 is an Iranian designation for BTR-60P engine upgrade program that replaced the original 2 90hp petrol engines of the BTR-60 with a single, more powerful diesel engine. The 82 is for the year 1382 (2003) in the Iranian Calendar, the year of the upgrade program.

Nah man,hes just got too many bats in his belfry,thats all.
Ualuealuealeuale.gif
How can anyone here take a guy who calls himself "BATMAN" seriously?

Last edited:
Still my question what's the use of detecting people f
During the recent Army Day parade, apparently BTR-82 was announced to be present. When did Iran purchase BTR-82 for its army? There was nothing in the official or unofficial news, as far as my memory works!

do you mean these ones?

522689_385.jpg

1-29-1030x435.jpg

Still my question what's the use of detecting people from 15m away that the other system provide.

The sensors are camouflaged as rocks that can be placed along a route to detect enemy movements and notify friendly force of the enemy's presence. Think of it like an electronic trip flair that does not alert the enemy that their position has been given away! The sensors can detect human movement from 15 meters and vehicle movement from 50 meters and transmit the signal to troops much further away.

This would have been a great documentary if it was not for all the BS about mass production of Zolfaqar Tanks,Upgrading T-72S armour and adding thermal sights and comparing Iranian tanks with Merkava and Abrams!
How old is it[the documentary]?,if its a few years old and predates the karrar tanks unveiling then that could account for it,I mean at what point did the army actually officially cancel the zolfaqar project anyway?

How old is it[the documentary]?,if its a few years old and predates the karrar tanks unveiling then that could account for it,I mean at what point did the army actually officially cancel the zolfaqar project anyway?

The Karrar is presented in the Documentary. To be fair a new t-72 armour upgrade package was shown on the 40th anniversary of the Islamic Republic and Iran does build thermal imaging sights but this documentary made it seem like all of Iran's T-72S fleet have been upgraded with these which is far from being reality.

Does anyone have better pictures of the Zolfaqar 3 tanks or the new Tiam tanks ? maybe from the front or sides ? I'm actually impressed by how far Iran has gone with the M-47's M-60's they had in stock. Looks like they still haven't bothered to put gun manlets on the Zolfaqars. According to some rumors, Iran's army produced up to 100-200 Zolfaqar 3's, although I'm not sure. I'm guessing these are from that limited serial production ?

i like you view on tanks shown in the video.

696556_428.jpg

696538_314.jpg

696537_484.jpg

yes that is gas powered net launcher for catching enemy uavs. for g3 guns and manpads.

Back
Top Bottom