18.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 221
Iran army in serious need of modernization.

I can’t believe they are using AA guns on the back of pick up trucks like a group of Syrian rebels.
I think that is as replacement for Shilka because iirc Iran is in shortage of Shilka AA

Well they have lots of AA guns leftover from the Soviet era & honestly just slapping them on the back of pickup trucks is one of the most cost effective way of using them. You can say whatever you want but being on the receiving end of them is completely devastating, especially if they have armor piercing/incendiary rounds.

I can’t believe they are using AA guns on the back of pick up trucks like a group of Syrian rebels.

Well they have lots of AA guns leftover from the Soviet era & honestly just slapping them on the back of pickup trucks is one of the most cost effective way of using them. You can say whatever you want but being on the receiving end of them is completely devastating, especially if they have armor piercing/incendiary rounds.

Hell even Russia use the same tactics

In Kurdistan in areas that pkk and their komola ofshoot were active my uncle (he was conscripted there) told me they were using it against them. You must see how devastating it can be.

Last edited:
“To protect Iran, the armed forces no longer need asymmetric approaches, and we are at a stage where we can defend our homeland… by using good offensive approaches,” he said, according to Press TV.

This rhetoric only feeds into the American warhawks narrative about Iran being a threat to its neighbors & the region. I doubt if Iran is actually going to change its military doctrine / strategy from a defensive one based on asymmetrical / guerilla warfare tactics in case of a US land invasion, to one based on going on the offensive tactics where Iran would seek to take enemy territory (US bases ? Saudi territory ? ). Iran would need a much more advanced airforce for starters if they were serious about this endeavor, however even with that I doubt Iran's army would have long term success against the US forces & US allies in the region. Personally I think its just military bluster, generals trying to flex Iran's muscles by taking a tough stance. In reality nothing will change.

“To protect Iran, the armed forces no longer need asymmetric approaches, and we are at a stage where we can defend our homeland… by using good offensive approaches,” he said, according to Press TV.

Back
Top Bottom