What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

It looks a bit different, yes. The arrangement is different. But the EO looks like the same, newer, smaler versions of the Saeer base.

View attachment 601810 View attachment 601811

The part on top of the 103 is new, yes.

What does the text in the 103 pic say?

the text is in Arabic and i'm a Iranian i know Farsi better but i will translate as much as i can

it say that the 103 is mobile camera that can be used to search or find and track Air and Sea and Ground objects with great accuracy and the system is equipped with day camera and thermal camera and laser system for finding the distance.

The one in the first Tweet of Mustafa Ahmad is called "Sadad 201" by @Arminkh showed in the EO section

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-electro-optic-systems.456925/#post-8878683 (post nr 15)

Maybe different to the 103 and the "103" in this tweet is wrong?

Edit:

So it seems that all systems are with eoss-l-103 but the systems itself have different names

And the EO of Saeer seems to be the predecessor with same EO capabilities but without the laser rangefinder (what is ok cause of proximity fuse)

Last edited:
The one in the first Tweet of Mustafa Ahmad is called "Sadad 201" by @Arminkh showed in the EO section

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-electro-optic-systems.456925/#post-8878683 (post nr 15)

Maybe different to the 103 and the "103" in this tweet is wrong?

Edit:

So it seems that all systems are with eoss-l-103 but the systems itself have different names

And the EO of Saeer seems to be the predecessor with same EO capabilities but without the laser rangefinder (what is ok cause of proximity fuse)
Overall, I'm happy to see these equipment are being mass produced and put to use.

I recall one of the very first questions I asked my father as soon as I had enough analytical ability as a four year kid was why all the writings on home appliances or cars are in Latin? His answer was because they are coming from foreign countries and we can't build them ourselves. Even though I was very young that was a very harsh reality for me.
Now look at this! It looks so beautiful and complicated. Hopefully it performs as good as it looks too. Great news! Thanks for sharing.

^ Iranian electro-optical surveillance system "Sadad-130" in service with PMU units in Iraq

index.php
index.php

^ Iranian laser system presented at the IQDEX 2018 exhibition in Baghdad
^ The link in this tweet leads to a video in a telegram channel showing the Sadad-103 in use with the Imam Ali Brigades during an ISIS assault in 2017

The production rate is probably pretty good! Hopefully it will see some action to verify it’s capabilities and find possible design flaws.
I'm not too surprised by the production rate since Iran already has a good production rate for passenger and commercial vehicles domestically.

THe MRAP looks good though.

Back
Top Bottom