What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

One more thing to blame the french for I guess.:sarcastic:
Happy%2Bpanzertruppen.JPG

Still it could be worse,it could look like the old wehrmacht panzer beret.:jester:

Well spotted!.:enjoy:

That's a beautiful and original beret what are you talking about. :enjoy:

io.jpg

A closeup of Tiam. Tiam and Zulfiqar prototype models lack gun mantlets. Not sure why. Also why doesn't Iran upgrade all their old M-60 tanks to these standards ? I'm guessing they've only upgraded a handful which were in better condition than the rest ? In any case Iran needs 500-800 newer tanks, Karrar would be fine. Iranian airforce needs 200 new jets. Let's see what happens when the UN sanctions expire. There are rumors of deals with Russia but nothing concrete.

Tiam1.png
Tiam2.png

I wonder why the ground forces spend their limited money and resources building something they appear never to mass produce. They should focus their limited resources on:

1- Modernising the equipment of ALL their soldiers i.e armour, helmet, etc
2- Modern training of their forces
3- Spend cash on things they will actually end up mass producing

leave the tank design etc to the department of defence itself.

I wonder why the ground forces spend their limited money and resources building something they appear never to mass produce. They should focus their limited resources on:

1- Modernising the equipment of ALL their soldiers i.e armour, helmet, etc
2- Modern training of their forces
3- Spend cash on things they will actually end up mass producing

leave the tank design etc to the department of defence itself.

Also move away from conscript force into a professional army. Then you can maximise your budget on the professional soldiers, afford better equipment, weapons, pay etc.

A closeup of Tiam. Tiam and Zulfiqar prototype models lack gun mantlets. Not sure why. Also why doesn't Iran upgrade all their old M-60 tanks to these standards ? I'm guessing they've only upgraded a handful which were in better condition than the rest ? In any case Iran needs 500-800 newer tanks, Karrar would be fine. Iranian airforce needs 200 new jets. Let's see what happens when the UN sanctions expire. There are rumors of deals with Russia but nothing concrete.

View attachment 600110 View attachment 600111

These tanks are not "missing" gun mantles. there are two types of Gun Mantle designs, Internal and external. these tanks have internal gun Mantles.

Also move away from conscript force into a professional army. Then you can maximise your budget on the professional soldiers, afford better equipment, weapons, pay etc.

Moving from a conscript force into a professional will increase the budget. Assuming you pay each soldier a minimum of 1,500 Toman/per month.

Whose gonna pay for that?

Moving from a conscript force into a professional will increase the budget. Assuming you pay each soldier a minimum of 1,500 Toman/per month.

The money that you would spend on conscripts (uniform, food, training etc.) would instead go to the professional army.

are you sure we pay 1500toman/ month ?
By the way wages is not the only thing you pay. Food clothes training shelter and ....

I believe if you reduce the size of the army to 1/5th but make it a professional army over all you have a more competent army.

By the way wages is not the only thing you pay. Food clothes training shelter and ....

I believe if you reduce the size of the army to 1/5th but make it a professional army over all you have a more competent army.

1/5th is too small, 200-250k is good for a country the size of Iran. China spends around $1000 in equipping its soldiers. Given the lower cost of labour, materials and manufacturing in Iran, this can be achievable too. We already know Iran can manufacture Kevlar helmets, body armour, boots, personnel radios, cammies and probably other things too. All the pieces are already there, all it takes is for a competent decision maker to put them together.

$1000 x 250k = 250,000,000

Over the course of several years this is definitely achievable. Mass production may even drive the costs down further and you may save some money.

The money that you would spend on conscripts (uniform, food, training etc.) would instead go to the professional army.

What are you talking about? Conscripts can be thought of as reservists! Just because you have a standing army of 250,000 doesn’t mean you would NOT need reservists! You would still need another 250,000 reservists! So there would be little to no savings! Training and food cost very little! Uniform cost? Is that a joke?

The current conscript doesn’t even make 100 TOMAN a month! He can’t afford food or groceries!

But if you move to professional army you have to pay the salary of a minimum low level worker in Iran so 1500 toman/month with current inflation!

So now army’s costs just went up by 15x because a conscript they gave maybe 100 Toman a month but to a professional they would have to pay 1500! Plus you would still need reservists (conscripts) so the savings is mute point!

The only reason US/NATO don’t have conscript soldiers is because their legal system constitution DOES not allow it. But Switzerland does have one, Israel, and other countries do!

i do not think so

It looks a bit different, yes. The arrangement is different. But the EO looks like the same, newer, smaler versions of the Saeer base.

EO_103.jpg
EO_saeer.jpg

The part on top of the 103 is new, yes.

What does the text in the 103 pic say?

Back
Top Bottom