What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

and no APDS rounds...
No,they`ll likely be using the same 3BM-42 mango APFSDS round that the T-72 fleet uses,the problem is that its really pretty marginal ap performance wise.I`m hoping that the karrars designers did the same sort of mods to the autoloader that the russians did with the T-90 as that would at least allow the use of an iranian svinets type equivalent APFSDS round,but who knows.......
125mm_BM-42_APFSDS.JPG

2Fhe9RI

Last edited:
Iran’s shells are obsolete. They are useless against modern armour from the front.

Iran needs depleted uranium (DU) shells to fight western tanks. They are already at a disadvantage at range vs their western counterparts.
Even with DU APFSDS rounds,assuming that these were actually available of course,the problem is still ultimately the size of the rounds that can physically fit in the T-72 and Karrar autoloaders.This is the big problem with this design unfortunately.

Even with DU APFSDS rounds,assuming that these were actually available of course,the problem is still ultimately the size of the rounds that can physically fit in the T-72 and Karrar autoloaders.This is the big problem with this design unfortunately.

Doesn’t really matter, a massive ground war is the least of Iran’s worries right now.

No way US drops 750,000 soldiers into Iran in this political climate. A sustained air campaign and naval warfare is much more likely.

Iran needs depleted uranium (DU) shells to fight western tanks.

another genius idea from the forum clown. Any other suggestions to how we can destroy our land with radioactive fallout? All good ideas to increase mutations and cancer is highly welcome!

another genius idea from the forum clown. Any other suggestions to how we can destroy our land with radioactive fallout? All good ideas to increase mutations and cancer is highly welcome!

Except Iran IS developing depleted uranium armor and deplete uranium shells. So I guess Iran military is a “clown”.

Except Iran IS developing depleted uranium armor and deplete uranium shells. So I guess Iran military is a “clown”.

that is absurd! Any proof to back up your claim?

for the US to field DU, however low and cold it is, I understand it from a military strategic pov.
Fighting oil wars half across the world is one thing. Fielding it for the defense of your country and contaminating your soil for millenniums to come is another.

for the US to field DU, however low and cold it is, I understand it from a military strategic pov.
Fighting oil wars half across the world is one thing. Fielding it for the defense of your country and contaminating your soil for millenniums to come is another.
you can use tungsten as replacement. but the point is APDS rounds are necessary.

I posted the article a couple years ago that Iran would become one of a few countries in depleted uranium military tech.

Depleted armour does not do the scale of environmental damage that you ignorantly believe. The Abrams tanks the Saudi’s use do no have DU armour and you see what quick work that houthis make of them. DU armour is only available to US military.

DU shells can have environmental effects if used in urban areas. But if Iran has the choice to winning a ground tank war out on its rural borders at the cost of some environmental damage in the middle of no where they will take it.

So sit back and wait for the unveiling.

I posted the article a couple years ago that Iran would become one of a few countries in depleted uranium military tech.
There is not a single official news or even half assed MEK report about Iran developing DU shells! So cut the BS and post your “article”!

Depleted armour does not do the scale of environmental damage that you ignorantly believe.
And what do you know what I believe idiot? Unlike you I don’t use baseless claims in an argument. All reports from Iraq point to a sharp rise of cancer and leukemia.
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...9e/DU-contamination-in-Iraq-An-overview-2.pdf

DU shells can have environmental effects if used in urban areas. But if Iran has the choice to winning a ground tank war out on its rural borders at the cost of some environmental damage in the middle of no where they will take it.
Not even US will field ground troops in Iran so there is literally no reason for Iran invest in a suicidal weapons platform!

There is not a single official news or even half assed MEK report about Iran developing DU shells! So cut the BS and post your “article”!

And what do you know what I believe idiot? Unlike you I don’t use baseless claims in an argument. All reports from Iraq point to a sharp rise of cancer and leukemia.
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...9e/DU-contamination-in-Iraq-An-overview-2.pdf

Not even US will field ground troops in Iran so there is literally no reason for Iran invest in a suicidal weapons platform!

How stupid are you? The article you posted points to DU effects from DU Tank Shells and bullets.

Do you even know the difference between DU armour (that guards the tank from penetration) and DU tank shells?

Because of its high density, depleted uranium can also be used in tank armor, sandwiched between sheets of steel armor plate. For instance, some late-production M1A1HA and M1A2 Abrams tanks built after 1998 have DU modules integrated into their Chobham armor, as part of the armor plating in the front of the hull and the front of the turret, and there is a program to upgrade the rest.

So you are confusing two different DU technologies. Nearly all modern US tanks are equipped with DU armour.

Also you basically invalidated your own argument by saying that “US will never field troops in Iran” so if they will never field troops than the DU shells will never be used. If they are never used then how can it be a suicide platform?

I am sorry when the Republic is facing an existential even DU tank shells should be used to protect the country. Because US will use them on Iranian territory even in aircraft like A-10 which would be used heavily in conflict with Iran. They already used it in Syria against ISIS.

So Iran not using it, isn’t going to magically save the environment during war.

How stupid are you? The article you posted points to DU effects from DU Tank Shells and bullets.

Do you even know the difference between DU armour (that guards the tank from penetration) and DU tank shells?

looool your IQ is dropping by the post! You brought up shells to begin with! Dude, do you have a problem with short term memory?

Iran needs depleted uranium (DU) shells to fight western tanks.

also you again failed to upload the article you were talking about. It’s almost as if you are making things up?

If they are never used then how can it be a suicide platform?

omg are you drunk when you write this sh!t? Why do we need to sit on a platform that will and should never be used?

furthermore the A10 is a CAS of ground troops. So no grounds troops -> then no A10!

looool your IQ is dropping by the post! You brought up shells to begin with! Dude, do you have a problem with short term memory?

also you again failed to upload the article you were talking about. It’s almost as if you are making things up?

omg are you drunk when you write this sh!t? Why do we need to sit on a platform that will and should never be used?

furthermore the A10 is a CAS of ground troops. So no grounds troops -> then no A10!

When Iran unveils it’s DU line. I hope you are still here to eat crow like the pathetic individual you are.

No,they`ll likely be using the same 3BM-42 mango APFSDS round that the T-72 fleet uses,the problem is that its really pretty marginal ap performance wise.I`m hoping that the karrars designers did the same sort of mods to the autoloader that the russians did with the T-90 as that would at least allow the use of an iranian svinets type equivalent APFSDS round,but who knows.......
125mm_BM-42_APFSDS.JPG

2Fhe9RI

Russia is moving to DU shells as well

The Svinets-1 has a tungsten carbide core, while the Svinets-2 uses depleted uranium. according to the Below the Ring armor site, published by a pair of Dutch defense experts. A 2016 post speculated that Russia might have been producing these special rounds for several years as replacements for existing tank ammunition.

The problem is that older Russian tank ammunition has difficult piercing advanced tank armor such as that found on the U.S. M-1 Abrams or Israeli Merkava. “The 3BM-42 Mango relies on an outdated pentrator design, using two relatively short tungsten rods inside a steel body,” according to Below the Ring. “...Steel penetrates armor less efficiently than a high-density heavy metal alloy.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/youre-nuked-russian-tanks-now-033000661.html

Building 800 Karrars and have them use Mango shells is a waste of money. Why even build the Karrar at that point. Still will have marginal performance against western tanks.

I hope you are still here to eat crow like the pathetic individual you are.

how about you cut the crap and post the article! If you don’t have an article and this is just thin air, which I suspect
It is, then you’re the pathetic forum clown!

how about you cut the crap and post the article! If you don’t have an article and this is just thin air, which I suspect
It is, then you’re the pathetic forum clown!

Believe what you want to believe moron.

I am not going to go scour the internet for an article from 2-3 years ago. I have posted on this board for many years with articles and before that on IMF. Yet I have no idea who you are.

You sound like a haroom zade anyway. Another Iranian with a jende for a mother. Believe what you want to believe.

Only a complete moron would be happy with spending money on hundreds of Karrar tanks that can only fire Mango rounds. Good luck penetrating any tank with that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom