What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Iran's Chieftain MBTs are having their Layland L-60 Mark 8A (750 hp)diesel engines replaced with the V-84MS (840 hp) multi fuel engine. Its not a great difference in Horse power but the L-60 has a bad reputation for unreliability.

Its good to see,tho really its something that should`ve been done years ago,like back in the very early 2000s.
I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade its fire power by replacing the old L15 120mm rifled main gun with a manually loaded version of the T72s 2A46 125mm smooth bore.One very big advantage with this would be the ability to use longer svinets type AP rounds rather than the old 3BM44 Mango rounds that are irans main AP round for the T72 fleet,and in addition just as with the L15 ammo the 2A46 ammo is also 2 piece.

EcwbGp2g.jpg

It looks like this variant has had a laser proximity fuse added to it,possibly for top attack and/or anti air capability.

ppl say Iraq buy them with a range of other weapons
Some (Iraqi) sources claim that 7000 IRGC members moved into Iraq through Zurbatiyah border crossing and were deployed in Iraqi PMF camps such as Camp Ashraf. According to other (Zionist) sources Toofan MRAPs have been spotted near Karbala.

Some (Iraqi) sources claim that 7000 IRGC members moved into Iraq through Zurbatiyah border crossing and were deployed in Iraqi PMF camps such as Camp Ashraf. According to other (Zionist) sources Toofan MRAPs have been spotted near Karbala.
Speaking of zionist "sources",heres one that cracked me up....
.....evidently our zionist friend cant tell a tank from an mrap,he later edited his post to claim that it was a convoy of iranian tanks AND armored vehicles.....tho strangely there isnt a tank to be seen in the video that he posted[LOL!!].Thats going to cost him some shekels.:cry:
Dont you just "love" lying zionist scumbags:rofl:

.....evidently our zionist friend cant tell a tank from an mrap,he later edited his post to claim that it was a convoy of iranian tanks AND armored vehicles.....tho strangely there isnt a tank to be seen in the video that he posted[LOL!!].Thats going to cost him some shekels.:cry:
Reminds me of this graphic:
EHCKEU1WwAAe_zn.jpg:large

To be 100% honest with you, i cannot just say that an article is a complete write off solely because of the source of the news. I believe that is a fallacy. Many Pakistanis on this forum use that argument for example with Indian sources of news, and that, is also wrong IMO, because being a controversial or whatever type of source does not guarantee that everything they write is wrong or biased. You have to judge by the content iteself, not the source of it. Being a zionist source doesnt automatically make it wrong, but if you have other supporting reasons why its wrong, then that makes it more likely bad news in general.

To be 100% honest with you, i cannot just say that an article is a complete write off solely because of the source of the news. I believe that is a fallacy. Many Pakistanis on this forum use that argument for example with Indian sources of news, and that, is also wrong IMO, because being a controversial or whatever type of source does not guarantee that everything they write is wrong or biased. You have to judge by the content iteself, not the source of it. Being a zionist source doesnt automatically make it wrong, but if you have other supporting reasons why its wrong, then that makes it more likely bad news in general.
Oh,I quite agree.I always try and keep an open mind......even with zionist media sources:coffee:,tho in this case I really had to chuckle at this guys definition of what constituted "tanks".:lol:

In this short video about Iranian tanks by Tasnim they show us some of Karrar's specifications: https://tn.ai/2132304

Karrar spec.png

^ This tank called "Rakhsh" which seems to be a T-72(M) upgrade with some elements in common with the Karrar is depicted in the same video between the Tiam and Karrar in a rough timeline of Iranian tank development:

Artesh tanks.png

Attachments

• Karrar spec.png
    Karrar spec.png
    863 KB · Views: 63
  • Artesh tanks.png
    Artesh tanks.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom