What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

shocked to see sadegh zibakalam given 18 month prison sentence... hes my second personal favorite political analyst after mohammad marandi.

apparently he gave an interview to german media saying the protests showed the peoples frustrations with the entire system. and if another referendum was held today, 70% would vote no to a Islamic republic.....

this is a critical moment for the government I think. I think Rouhani said it best when he said something along the lines: just because we chose to live a certain lifestyle 2 generations ago doesn't mean we should be forcing onto others

the biggest threat to irans government are themselves. a handful of really old stubborn ultra conservative mullahs in Qom Will bring about the death if they continue this way. Whats the point of giving out 2 year prison sentences for bad hijab? being the only country on earth forcing hijab on women and angering a huge chunk of the country for something so petty (even the governments own figures say "49%" disagree with forced hijab)

They need to concentrate on the big picture, and at least stop harassing people with petty things. Otherwise were weakening our country and opening up avenues for foreign enemies.
Look buddy, Zibakalam once said that we have oil, what is the point of developing nuclear energy in Iran?. That punk is mouth piece of Western powers in our own country.
Hijab before being a religious thing or even a cultural thing which can be considered a legacy of Zartosht the prophet PBUH, it is a national law which has its roots in our culture, Iranian culture I mean. Iranian women 90 percent of them wants Hijab, only a pro West minority is acting against that law. Freedom for Hijab is not of my concern at all, these few guys are abusing it for anti system rhetoric.

Zibakalam is a complete joke

We Iranians are ready for anything.

Zebdebade mardom Iran!!

DYLmnaSW4AA0OcH.jpg:large

shocked to see sadegh zibakalam given 18 month prison sentence... hes my second personal favorite political analyst after mohammad marandi.

apparently he gave an interview to german media saying the protests showed the peoples frustrations with the entire system. and if another referendum was held today, 70% would vote no to a Islamic republic.....
he deserves to be in jail for saying such fake stupid things.

Iran among World’s Most Powerful Economies by 2050: Study
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran will be among the biggest and most powerful economies in the world within the next three decades, a recent study showed.

According to the study carried out by professional services giant PwC, Iran will be among 32 most powerful economies in the world by 2050.

The report, titled "The long view: how will the global economic order change by 2050?" ranked 32 countries by their projected global gross domestic product by purchasing power parity, The Independent reported.

The Islamic Republic would be the 17th most powerful economy and would also lead several Asian players like South Korea (18) as well as the Philippines (19) and other Malaysia (24).

Iran would closely track Pakistan (16) as well as regional rivals Saudi Arabia (13) and Turkey (11).

Also, Britain’s Business Insider last year named Iran among 50 places to travel to in 2017, commending the country’s security as a key factor behind attracting more tourists.

“This trend (arrival of more tourists) is expected to continue well into 2017, thanks to new direct flights to Tehran from both London and Paris, and the construction of multiple new hotels,” the report said.

Iran has hammered out an investment package worth $25 billion to revitalize its tourism industry.

With a large number of attractive natural and historical sites, Iran is one of the most touristic countries in the world.

Visitor numbers have soared since Tehran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany), reached the deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), on July 14, 2015 and started implementing it in January last year.

This despite all the sanctions and covert ops against us. We truly are resolute.

Look buddy, Zibakalam once said that we have oil, what is the point of developing nuclear energy in Iran?. That punk is mouth piece of Western powers in our own country.
Hijab before being a religious thing or even a cultural thing which can be considered a legacy of Zartosht the prophet PBUH, it is a national law which has its roots in our culture, Iranian culture I mean. Iranian women 90 percent of them wants Hijab, only a pro West minority is acting against that law. Freedom for Hijab is not of my concern at all, these few guys are abusing it for anti system rhetoric.

Zibakalam is a complete joke

just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean he should be in jail. The reason why hes my second favorite after marandi is because I don't agree with a lot of his opinions either. It doesn't mean one should silence another opposing view.

A lot of people actually believe zibakalam is with the government secretly and hes allowed to put out opposition opinion feelers to guage the mood. Nobody else has a record of opposing the official line like him and getting away with it. he has gotten prison before that got commuted. I wouldn't be surprise if it happens again. to just serve as a warning to not cross certain lines. in an ocean of chaploos suck ups and people burning their forheads to pretend they are hezbollahis for posts.... this guy is a breath of fresh air. He courageously expresses his views inside iran, is not affiliated to any anti-Iranian group (or irans intelligence agencies would have eaten him alive long ago).

But if you think the path to success lies with harassing women on petty things like clothes and losing legitimacy with your people over it is in irans interest then you are simply wrong. Brute oppression is not a recipe for long term success. if you don't reform and stray from your people and respond to opposition with pure force. Then your only delaying your downfall.

The arrogant shah went down this path. and achieved the amazing feat of uniting the entire country, with radical political differences (like Islamism/communists) against him.

I highly suggest you read a very sobering report that just came out by irans interior minister who actually agrees with zibakalam somewhat.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...-interior-minister-protests-spark-report.html

"one spark could re-ignite protests"

Rahmani Fazli said the first group of factors involved “social, political and economic discontent.” He said it could take just “one spark to inflame” the situation with this level of unhappiness in the country.

Rahmani Fazli said the first group of factors involved “social, political and economic discontent.” He said it could take just “one spark to inflame” the situation with this level of unhappiness in the country.

He said the second factor in this societal transformation group is a change in the “lifestyle” of Iranians. He added that this lifestyle change included preferences in “recreation, literature, discourse, relationships and clothing.” Rahmani-Fazli pointed to influences outside the country as having an impact on these changes. He said the public, at because of its exposure to the outside world, couldn’t easily be swayed on these preferences by official statements. Paraphrasing a speech by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei discussing social change, Rahmani Fazli said Iranian officials face “failure if they are not able to keep up with social changes.”

Lets keep harassing women to keep 90 year old akhonds with degenerating brains in Qom Happy............ and give out long term prison sentences to anybody who disagrees...... the recipe for long term success!

just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean he should be in jail. The reason why hes my second favorite after marandi is because I don't agree with a lot of his opinions either. It doesn't mean one should silence another opposing view.

A lot of people actually believe zibakalam is with the government secretly and hes allowed to put out opposition opinion feelers to guage the mood. Nobody else has a record of opposing the official line like him and getting away with it. he has gotten prison before that got commuted. I wouldn't be surprise if it happens again. to just serve as a warning to not cross certain lines. in an ocean of chaploos suck ups and people burning their forheads to pretend they are hezbollahis for posts.... this guy is a breath of fresh air. He courageously expresses his views inside iran, is not affiliated to any anti-Iranian group (or irans intelligence agencies would have eaten him alive long ago).

But if you think the path to success lies with harassing women on petty things like clothes and losing legitimacy with your people over it is in irans interest then you are simply wrong. Brute oppression is not a recipe for long term success. if you don't reform and stray from your people and respond to opposition with pure force. Then your only delaying your downfall.

The arrogant shah went down this path. and achieved the amazing feat of uniting the entire country, with radical political differences (like Islamism/communists) against him.

I highly suggest you read a very sobering report that just came out by irans interior minister who actually agrees with zibakalam somewhat.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...-interior-minister-protests-spark-report.html

Lets keep harassing women to keep 90 year old akhonds with degenerating brains in Qom Happy............ and give out long term prison sentences to anybody who disagrees...... the recipe for long term success!

You brother, are absolutely spot on

Like you Said, he could easily state his own opinions and criticize everything, every basics of Iranian national laws, Criticized flying birds lol, he was free to say whatever he liked. Until he revealed his true face recently and supported the animals that burnt mosques, shrines and holy places. An animal supported sub animal creatures, you easily ignore burning mosques, maybe because you are from other religions but it's so pathetic man. He defended treason and treachery, he sided with Muhammad Bin Salman who said that I will pull unrest inside Iran.

Moreover Nothing is remaining from Hijab in Tehran, don't worry. The corrupt Mullahs like Rouhani whose house is 30 billion toman, his corrupt ministers to the root that mostly have vila in North Tehran are/were ruling Iran since Hashemi, Khatami were president. Corrupt Mullahs are teamed up in this government, you can put your fingers on the few Hezbollahis who have saved country with teeth , doesn't matter, but know for sure Ahmadinejhad claimed of being one of them, but he also failed to qualify himself.

So far secular Mullahs have been ruling Iran, ignoring Leaders orders. The much people vote for these corrupt souls, the more will lose country, from nuclear programme, to defense projects, and giving economy all up to foreign countries. Hijab by force is Rouhani gift to Iran btw, you can search on the Web. Abusing religion for filling your pockets are also gifts of Hashemi and Rouhani alike corrupt folks.

Iran should be better than 17 but I guess its fair given the sanctions and anti-iranism
Iran among World’s Most Powerful Economies by 2050: Study
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran will be among the biggest and most powerful economies in the world within the next three decades, a recent study showed.

According to the study carried out by professional services giant PwC, Iran will be among 32 most powerful economies in the world by 2050.

The report, titled "The long view: how will the global economic order change by 2050?" ranked 32 countries by their projected global gross domestic product by purchasing power parity, The Independent reported.

The Islamic Republic would be the 17th most powerful economy and would also lead several Asian players like South Korea (18) as well as the Philippines (19) and other Malaysia (24).

Iran would closely track Pakistan (16) as well as regional rivals Saudi Arabia (13) and Turkey (11).

Also, Britain’s Business Insider last year named Iran among 50 places to travel to in 2017, commending the country’s security as a key factor behind attracting more tourists.

“This trend (arrival of more tourists) is expected to continue well into 2017, thanks to new direct flights to Tehran from both London and Paris, and the construction of multiple new hotels,” the report said.

Iran has hammered out an investment package worth $25 billion to revitalize its tourism industry.

With a large number of attractive natural and historical sites, Iran is one of the most touristic countries in the world.

Visitor numbers have soared since Tehran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany), reached the deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), on July 14, 2015 and started implementing it in January last year.

This despite all the sanctions and covert ops against us. We truly are resolute.

WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON!?!?

IS IRAN PREPARING FOR WAR?!?!

They look like jammers.

WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON!?!?

IS IRAN PREPARING FOR WAR?!?!

Iran must always be prepared

Iran should be better than 17 but I guess its fair given the sanctions and anti-iranism

They look like jammers.

Iran must always be prepared

Agreed bro, I was disheartened that we were predicted to be the 17th largest by 2050; we are currently 18th.

How do the jammers fare against Cruise Missiles though? And yes, we must always be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom