What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I agree about the Ummah bit being used like a game, when Saudis want to get something done they will wave the religion card or else their royals care little about other Muslims.

That being said I do not look at Ummah as some sort of political union rather unity amongst Muslim people on a people basis.

I didn't know you guys considered ajam an insult, I read that Persians themselves embraced the term in order to not be confused as Arabs after the fall of Persia.

n Arabic,Ajam(عجم) has two meanings: "non-Arab", and "Persian". Literally it has the meaning "one who is illiterate in language", "silent", or "mute", and refers to non-Arabs in general. In the former sense it is a neutral term meaning "stranger" or "foreign".

some ppl still use it. but they dont know about its history.

n Arabic,Ajam(عجم) has two meanings: "non-Arab", and "Persian". Literally it has the meaning "one who is illiterate in language", "silent", or "mute", and refers to non-Arabs in general. In the former sense it is a neutral term meaning "stranger" or "foreign".

When in the history, did you first met Arabs ?

:o: I had no idea.....

:P

I agree about the Ummah bit being used like a game, when Saudis want to get something done they will wave the religion card or else their royals care little about other Muslims.

religion is being used to rule my friend, we are just pawns, look at the potential pakistan has, all people with brain are scattered all over the world. why do you think this is a case? because of instability; instability prevents growth. without growth there can be no economic development and you knwo the rest of the story.

When in the history, did you first met Arabs ?

sorry i dont understand, could you be more elaborate?

Is it like nigger where people use it in passing now? They say people with ajami surname in places like Bahrain use it to denote that they are of Persian ancestry.

u know, the n word was derived from negro and is deemed derogatory, not because its an insult but because when black ppl were being used as slaves this was the term they were refered as. so its insensitive to call someone n word.

u know, the n word was derived from negro and is deemed derogatory, not because its an insult but because when black ppl were being used as slaves this was the term they were refered as. so its insensitive to call someone n word.

It is now only derogotary amongst the older people, over here the younger blacks use it to mean my friend lol. My black friends be like, "yo what's up my nigga" to me all the time.

sorry i dont understand, could you be more elaborate?

I wondered why Arabs didn't called us "Acem" but Iranians... we are not Arab also... so i thought... you contacted with Arabs much before us. So they first called you Acem...and it stuck on you. Acem became same thing as saying Iranian.

Am i correct ?

:o: I had no idea.....
Yep its true, acam means non Arab muslims if im not wrong, thought i never heard Turks beeing called acam by Arabs, we on our part refer to Persinas as Acams, but not in a negative meaning as you know, although its a little bit stupid if you ask me because we are also non Arabs and technically also acams.

I think that common people everywhere have some external politeness and observe certain social conventions except Arabs who are quite aggressive.

I wondered why Arabs didn't called us "Acem" but Iranians... we are not Arab also... so i thought... you contacted with Arabs much before us. So they first called you Acem...and it stuck on you. Acem became same thing as saying Iranian.

Am i correct ?

Didn't you see what I posted? Top of this page. It was used almost entirely for Iranians. I never knew it was insulting though.

It is now only derogotary amongst the older people, over here the younger blacks use it to mean my friend lol. My black friends be like, "yo what's up my nigga" to me all the time.

i know, but i really doubt it if a non-black person could say it to an ordinary black person without getting into some sort of trouble :D
but lets say ajam falls into same category with majoosi and etc...

Am i correct ?

yes, they generally refered to non-arab as ajam, but like referring to a certain person u dont like as butthead, and it stuck ;)

I think that common people everywhere have some external politeness and observe certain social conventions except Arabs who are quite aggressive.

well not every arab is aggressive, there are good and bad ppl in all nationalities.

i know, but i really doubt it if a non-black person could say it to an ordinary black person without getting into some sort of trouble :D
but lets say ajam falls into same category with majoosi and etc...

No doubt majoosi is derogatory, the n word is not a big deal no more I even use it in passing when referring to my non black friends. It is common here not and only brought up in the media like its a big deal.

Hımm, okay than.... i understood it like " a two faced person".... you know us bro, we are pretty much straight.

Nah its more like hard headed or making a big deal out of stuff. It is not an insult though so no worries.

Many Arabs are chill if you meet them but they all sound like they are fighting when they speak in Arabic. :lol:

No doubt majoosi is derogatory, the n word is not a big deal no more I even use it in passing when referring to my non black friends. It is common here not and only brought up in the media like its a big deal.

Nah its more like hard headed or making a big deal out of stuff. It is not an insult though so no worries.

Next time try saying the n word in front of a black person :lol:

Next time try saying the n word in front of a black person :lol:

I do it every other day out of habit they do not really give a shit. I would not say it too old people though they would probably be more likely to get upset.

Back
Top Bottom