What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

We are hot-headed yes but what is a dramebaaz ?
hi there!
well 'dramebaaz' is a word derived from 'Hindi'. it is a common habit in India to apply the Hindi rule of grammar and syntax to English to form the forms of various words. now, you can say that a person who acts too much without reason or pretends to do something is actually performing something imaginary or false or in other words, drama. from this , Indians have started th use of the word DRAMEBAZZ for a person who acts too much. the word 'dhoka' in hindi means betrayal and its adjective form is 'dhokebaaz'. the same logic applies here.
hope this helped! :)

Could any one tel me what is the meaning of dramebazz?

With all due respect I said nothing of the sort and aren't you in London? All I said is I take internet trends with a pinch of salt.

nope my friend, how did you conclude that im in london? :what:
reality is different iranians are far from religious, nationalist yes, but religious not, generally.

nope my friend, how did you conclude that im in london? :what:
reality is different iranians are far from religious, nationalist yes, but religious not, generally.

Okay mate I trust you. Anyway if you are not Muslim than obviously you guys won't care bout Ummah stuff and I never brought it up in a political context anyway.

That's a dramebaaz explanation :lol:

I meant no offence bro

@Sinan @xenon54 that translation is a bit off and calling someone a dramebaaz is not an insult usually we say it in jest.

Okay mate I trust you. Anyway if you are not Muslim than obviously you guys won't care bout Ummah stuff and I never brought it up in a political context anyway.

dont get me wrong, i really like you, but you have to understand even if i were muslim islamic brotherhood is just a pan-arabic movement that combines religion as well. mullahs - minus nationalism. they call us ajams, we r not one of them, our countries r in ruins because of these outdated ideologies why should we play their games?

Her halde artiz demek gibi bi şey.

We also say, "Acem" ... saying Acem counts as an insult ?

no my friend, but the term is historical. its a derogatory term, means silent in arabic. its used to refer to non-arabs and it stuck. like n word.

dont get me wrong, i really like you, but you have to understand even if i were muslim islamic brotherhood is just a pan-arabic movement that combines religion as well. mullahs - minus nationalism. they call us ajams, we r not one of them, our countries r in ruins because of these outdated ideologies why should we play their games?

I didn't know you guys considered ajam an insult, I read that Persians themselves embraced the term in order to not be confused as Arabs after the fall of Persia.

Ajam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Clifford Edmund Bosworth, "by the 3rd/9th century, the non-Arabs, and above all the Persians, were asserting their social and cultural equality (taswīa) with the Arabs, if not their superiority (tafżīl) over them (a process seen in the literary movement of the Šoʿūbīya). In any case, there was always in some minds a current of admiration for the ʿAǰam as heirs of an ancient, cultured tradition of life. Even the great proponent of the Arab cause, Jāḥeẓ, wrote a Ketāb al-taswīa bayn al-ʿArab wa’l-ʿAǰam. After these controversies had died down, and the Persians had achieved a position of power in the Islamic world comparable to their numbers and capabilities, "ʿAjam" became a simple ethnic and geographical designation.".[5] Thus by the 9th century, the term was being used by Persians themselves as an ethnic term, and examples can be given by Asadi Tusi in his poem comparing the superiority of Persians and Arabs.[6] Accordingly: "territorial notions of “Iran,” are reflected in such terms as irānšahr, irānzamin, or Faris, the Arabicized form of Pārs/Fārs (Persia). The ethnic notion of “Iranian” is denoted by the Persian words Pārsi or Irāni, and the Arabic term Ahl Faris (inhabitants of Persia) or ʿAjam, referring to non-Arabs, but primarily to Persians as in molk-e ʿAjam (Persian kingdom) or moluk-e ʿAjam (Persian kings).".[7]

Back
Top Bottom