What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

No pro man, just have had too much free time on my hands to waste on movies. The only problem with Spielberg is that not all of his films are classics like Tarantino or Scorsese's. Also I think that Mel Gibson is a great director as well, his film Apocalypto is brilliant, the best action movie I have ever seen. It's a shame Hollywood is boycotting him now.
Yep, Apocalypto is a master piece but too much violent scenes for me to stand.
BTW dude, I think watching a good film can be called anything but wasting the time.

Do you guys also watch older, black-and-white, films? Like 12 Angry Men? In the beginning I was quite weary to watch older movies, but this movie instantly made me a great fan of them. Its all about acting, no excessive use of effects, etc.

Hahaha, indeed. Did you also watch Boardwalk Empire (series), with Buscemi as the main character?

Oh and, 'I got the whole world in my hands'. :lol:

Yes Broadwalk Empire is a great show. I still need to see what happens after season 2. Buscemi was great in Sopranos as well.

my grandfather was a military man he moved his family several times.but i am half shirazi(turks of Shiraz) and half tabrizli.

You are Qashqai?

@SinaG @Surenas
Hey guys have you seen "The Big Lebowski", I have a friend, whom is graduated from Tehran University of Art, he is addicted to this movie and for years he has the habit to watch this film every month.

Yep, Apocalypto is a master piece but too much violent scenes for me to stand.
BTW dude, I think watching a good film can be called anything but wasting the time.
I don't find the violence in movies like Apocalypto too much, what I hate is "torture ****" movies like Saw and Hostel. Don't know how anyone could enjoy those types of movies.

Yes Broadwalk Empire is a great show. I still need to see what happens after season 2. Buscemi was great in Sopranos as well.

You are Qashqai?
nope.but not sure, maybe,possible
i dont know :suicide:

True that.

Btw, I like Tarantino's movies as well, but I honestly must say that I didn't like Inglorious Bastards.

@SinaG @Surenas
Hey guys have you seen "The Big Lebowski", I have a friend, whom is graduated from Tehran University of Art, he is addicted to this movie and for years he has the habit to watch this film every month.

I have seen the movie, but I think its slightly overrated. Its extremely weird, not funny, etc.

@Ostad, understood.

"Qashqay" is just a tribal federation, like Shahsevens, they are same people as Azerbaijani Turks, and speak the same language.

Fine for you. They are all Iranians. No GTFO yurt-dweller.

True that.

Btw, I like Tarantino's movies as well, but I honestly must say that I didn't like Inglorious Bastards.
I liked that film, it wasn't his best by any means, but was ok. His only movie that I didn't like that much was Jackie Brown.

I have seen the movie, but I think its slightly overrated. Its extremely weird, not funny, etc.

Fine for you. They are all Iranians. No GTFO yurt-dweller.
last time i checked you were asking us to change our flags.

I liked that film, it wasn't his best by any means, but was ok. His only movie that I didn't like that much was Jackie Brown.

Yeah, but Jackie Brown was just his way to bring an ode to the blaxploitation genre.

That is the Mozambique drill.

Correct. And I have heard he trained months for it.

last time i checked you were asking us to change our flags.

If you want to talk about your Turkish heritage please do that in the Turkish section.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom