What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

its exactly as i said what you claim is unrelated

My initial comment, which retains its validity I would like to think, is that CCTV cameras represent an asset to law enforcement including in neutralizing criminals and terrorists. If you wish to question this fact i.e. if you believe CCTV cameras are not an asset in the repression of crime and terrorism, kindly go ahead. Anything other than that would amount to going on a tangent.

I am not sure which "atash be ekhtiar" and by whom you are referring to in the first place, so how am I supposed to be denying or confirming anything in this regard?

then don't make a claim if you don't want others answer with same logic

Let's reproduce the discussion thread, shall we.

Me to user tsunset: the person who threw yoghurt wasn't a shopman but a client. One may find hot headed people in every social group.

You, in reply to the above: when (X) says "atash be ekhtiar", what do you expect?

Me: this "atash be ekhtiar" (which results in someone throwing yoghurt on others) would be nothing much compared to the daily calls for wanton murder of religious Iranians.

You, insinuating: the percentage of 'amerin who observe the four rules regulating their activity is low.

Me: how do you know about the percentage in question? You need to produce some source for the claim to be credible.

Now where am I applying the same argumentative logic at this stage? I never referred to any percentages. Since you mentioned them, you ought to back your assessment with evidence.

many of the time you say peaceful it was not actually peaceful and for each instance of attack on ameren you can find several time the videos of their behavior.

Among news reports I came to see over the past six to seven months, I recall two cases of 'amerin getting physical because of someone's lacking hejab. Both instances occurred during or shortly after recent riots, when tensions were comparatively high. As far as I remember In one case a middle aged man hit someone once or twice with his shoe, in the other case two males exchanged kicks with a female. None of these scenes seemed particularly brutal. In both cases, the males appeared to be random individuals acting spontaneously, not members to a proper, organized 'amerin party.

I'm not counting the example of the yoghurt thrower as an act of violence, just as I'm not taking into account cases where an 'amer had her chador pulled off, since I'm merely focusing on full-on physical assault here. Likewise, I'll leave aside verbal offense for the time being.

By contrast, I must have come across six to seven or so written or audiovisual documents describing how non-violent 'amerin have been subjected to physical abuse; ranging from stabbings with knives to getting punched, or getting kicked by up to four delinquents simultaneously, while they were on the ground. And I'm merely talking of post-riot events. Never read about nor stumbled upon footage of similar violence against bad hejab during the considered period of time.

In conclusion, from what I have been able to learn, violence against 'amerin has been both:

- More frequent.
- More intense.

And to complete the picture, plenty of examples of peaceful 'amerin going about their duty in due form.

Just stated a fact.

denial and evasion

I'd like to know how. What you seemed to be contending in practice, is that since the Judiciary has - according to you - failed to prosecute 'amerin who stray from the rules, this would somehow bestow "legitimacy" upon the act of beating, kicking or stabbing a non-violent female 'amer.

Now this sort of equivalence would be entirely out of touch, and would represent incitement to crime. No more, no less. Any person endowed with basic ethics should readily perceive how wrong it would be.

If what you mean to convey, is that subjects addressed by 'amerin ought to be given a right to self-defence if actually attacked, then that'll be a different matter. But there simply can be no justification whatsoever for physical assault against non-violent individuals, no matter what sort of spin one might try to put on it.

changing the fact , trying to rewrite the history and deny what really happens here

This would be another unsubstantiated statement. Where is the evidence though?

My conclusion is based on what I personally gathered from multiple news reports, an overview of which I offered above. In case you believe I missed something, it's incumbent upon you to elaborate in a concrete manner. Merely declaring I'm wrong will not cut it.

so you admit , todays it solely target women and teenage girl not what really damaging our country from inside

To be honest I do not remember stating any of the above. Allow me to reiterate: I salute all types of beneficial work. Peacefully enjoining citizens to respect Islamic and national norms of public decency qualifies as a beneficial effort, which individuals and society stand to gain from. Therefore, I will welcome it.

To question this activity and demand its cessation on grounds that there are shortcomings in the way other issues are currently being tackled, be they greater ones, would not make any sense.

It'd be like arguing that since some top level Belgian freemasons guilty of embezzlement would likely enjoy preferential treatment from their masonic "brothers" acting as judges in the country's courts, police should stop thinking about countering the criminal street gangs that operate out of Brussels' ghetto neighborhoods. The illogical nature of such an inference should be speaking for itself, shouldn't it.

Are there other issues in Iran - including more serious, and more pressing ones? There certainly are. Should citizens demand through legal ways, that the government proceed to solving them? Definitely.

But should we therefore be upset at 'amerin and government authorities for resisting the enemy in the cultural area and addressing the issue of hejab, preferably through methods as non-conflictual as possible? No, that would be quite meaningless.

I believe this should clear up my stance.

Last edited:
$8 billion of Iraqi debts to Iran trapped in Iraqi Trade Bank account monitored by US

Iraqi and Iranian officials said Iraq managed to pay all its debt to Iran in October, but the money was placed in a special account in the Trade Bank of Iraq, which Iran can use to purchase goods not targeted by US sanctions, like medicine.

Iran, however, wants to use the money Iraq owes it in any way it chooses.

Iraqi officials told MEE that Iran still has $8bn in this account, which it is unable to withdraw because the US Federal Reserve is keeping it under supervision.

The officials also revealed that Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein and the governor of the Central Bank, Ali Mohsen al-Alaq, are conducting negotiations with US officials to find a suitable mechanism to get Iran this money.

“The Iranians say: ‘You have arranged all your papers with the Americans and left us. We want our money and nothing else,’" the advisor told MEE.

"We are currently seeking to find a compromise that satisfies both sides. We told the Americans: ‘We have done everything you asked, and you should give us something in return’.”

Iraq asked Washington for a waiver to allow it to pay Iran for its previous and future energy imports in dollars without any issues until further notice, the advisor added.

“The Americans said they understood our position and promised to make recommendations to the US Treasury Department, but we have not yet received a final response,” he said.

"Indications suggest that the Americans are going to gradually ease pressures on this issue."

The problem here is that Iran wants US dollars. Even when Iraq paid its previous debts in Iraqi Dinars, Iran then had to pay commissions of up to 40% on the black market in Iraqi Kurdistan to convert the Dinars to US dollars (it has now stopped doing so).

The US will not allow Iraq to pay Iran in US dollars so the money is trapped and can only be used by Iran for 'humanitarian' goods like medicine. The US has no incentive to allow Iraq to pay Iran in US dollars, but if an interim JCPOA deal is reached with the US, they will probably issue a waiver allowing Iran to withdraw the funds (and perhaps to pay Iran in US dollars going forward).

To be more forward looking and less reliant on US discretion to access its own funds, perhaps future debts should be paid in Chinese Yuan instead of US dollars, although it is understandable that Iran still needs US dollars to prop up the rial and to to pay its creditors generally.

Iraq asked Washington for a waiver to allow...

Japan has to ask US for a waiver for to buy oil/gas from Russia, Pakistan has to ask US for a waiver for to build a pipeline on its own soil, and now i read Iraq has to ask US for a waiver for to pay its dept to Iran. But if i read the mainstream newspapers then i am told that US brings freedom...

Japan has to ask US for a waiver for to buy oil/gas from Russia, Pakistan has to ask US for a waiver for to build a pipeline on its own soil, and now i read Iraq has to ask US for a waiver for to pay its dept to Iran. But if i read the mainstream newspapers then i am told that US brings freedom...
Since everyone wants and needs US dollars, they can (and do) leverage their role as the gatekeeper of international finance to control who can use US dollars and how they can use it. Iraq is not in a position to defy their orders, unfortunately. I have studied a lot about the role of the Euro, I believe it can compete against the US dollar, the EU and US have similar size economies overall. Recent comments by Macron in China were encouraging but ultimately the EU lacks the political will to assert their economic sovereignty against the US.

Since everyone wants and needs US dollars, they can (and do) leverage their role as the gatekeeper of international finance to control who can use US dollars and how they can use it. Iraq is not in a position to defy their orders, unfortunately. I have studied a lot about the role of the Euro, I believe it can compete against the US dollar, the EU and US have similar size economies overall. Recent comments by Macron in China were encouraging but ultimately the EU lacks the political will to assert their economic sovereignty against the US.
Yes, i read that statement of Macron too. Me think at some points, energy production and more independent from US, Macron is right, but get resistance by the idiotic german gov and all the other idiots in german parlament. France want to use nuclear plants to produce hydrogen, have a idea to get energy independent. And nearly all other european countries think the way is ok....except germany.

Yes, i read that statement of Macron too. Me think at some points, energy production and more independent from US, Macron is right, but get resistance by the idiotic german gov and all the other idiots in german parlament. France want to use nuclear plants to produce hydrogen, have a idea to get energy independent. And nearly all other european countries think the way is ok....except germany.
When one looks at a map of foreign military bases in Germany and considers the context of the post-WW2 terms of defeat, it is not so surprising... But we are seeing countries like Japan, South Korea, Turkey, Saudi Arabia etc no longer want to be so tightly controlled by the US. For now nothing major but the US has used its leverage too much and this is increasing the appetite for a world order that is less dominated by the US.

History shows that even when US sanctions undermine EU interests, the EU opposes the US rhetorically but in practice does not try to challenge the US, see: EU blocking statute (makes it illegal for EU companies to comply with US sanctions) created to support EU trade in Cuba (no successful prosecutions) and re-implemented to support EU trade in Iran (no successful prosecutions).

Few years ago some economist did a calculation of how much Iran's unusual foreign policy has cost her economy. The figure was around $ 800 billion dollars..
To some of these " Pan Islamic" mullahs of Iran that loss is justified because " Goals justify the means". There is only one problem.....they forgot to tell Iranian population how much all this will cost them at the end...43 years later here are what they have to show for that $800 billion dollars loss:

1- Palestine still occupied
2- Israel still here with strong economy
3- Iran is a toxic country no one wants to touch except China but you have to give them a good discount!!
4- population of Iran divided more than ever and doubtful of the goals of their leaders
5- Draconian measures are being implemented to keep the population in check
6- Can not even have a fu*king nuclear bomb openly.

The only victory this strange foreign policy has given to Iranian leaders is that 50% of Israeli population is in a civil protest against their government..and strangely Mullahs take credit for it !!!
May be it is time someone in Iran should tell the mullahs hey it is time to change course ..forget about all the oppressed people of the world and be a "Pan Iranic" leader for your people and you be surprised how quickly they love you again...
Just some thoughts from an Iranian patriot looking in from outside.

Few years ago some economist did a calculation of how much Iran's unusual foreign policy has cost her economy. The figure was around $ 800 billion dollars..
To some of these " Pan Islamic" mullahs of Iran that loss is justified because " Goals justify the means". There is only one problem.....they forgot to tell Iranian population how much all this will cost them at the end...43 years later here are what they have to show for that $800 billion dollars loss:

3- Iran is a toxic country no one wants to touch except China but you have to give them a good discount!!
4- population of Iran divided more than ever and doubtful of the goals of their leaders

The only victory this strange foreign policy has given to Iranian leaders is that 50% of Israeli population is in a civil protest against their government..and strangely Mullahs take credit for it !!!
May be it is time someone in Iran should tell the mullahs hey it is time to change course ..forget about all the oppressed people of the world and be a "Pan Iranic" leader for your people and you be surprised how quickly they love you again...
Israel is kind of lass boss..Its existence is connected with prophesies..Now matter how much powerful u are u cant win against it yet until last hours...

R u a Zorostorian?? or just a regular atheist??

Israel is kind of lass boss..Its existence is connected with prophesies..Now matter how much powerful u are u cant win against it yet until last hours...

R u a Zorostorian?? or just a regular atheist??
Lol..neither..I use my braine rather than prophesies...it usually works better..lol

Lol..neither..I use my braine rather than prophesies...it usually works better..lol
It worked perfectly for Persia back in then...

Of course for Israel will do..No one fights the last boss in the first chapter...No one even USA cant destroy Israel, the the script is already written... We have to wait untill their one eyed wicked god reveal itself.

It is natural to have different opinions:

One side is Islamic law with evangelical hate toward west and Israel, with dislike of Persian history.

The other side is globalism with no real nationalism, no love for nuclear or military science, shallow geostrategy with categorical anecdotal hate toward Russia and China, predominantly no real love for Persian history.

Which side represents me?
None

Your solution is to abandon sovereignty and capitulate to the demands of the US, which is directly responsible for inflicting that $800 billion 'loss' in its illegal multi-decade economic warfare campaign against Iran?

These days more countries are trying to resist US control, not run back into their arms to become a vassal.

1- Palestine is better armed than ever, and the resistance front is increasingly unified.
2- "Israel" is encircled by a ring of resistance fire (Iranian weapons) and 20% of the entire settler population is engaging in anti-government protests. They are more divided than ever.
3- This is largely thanks to US sanctions and an exaggeration. The IMF projects real GDP growth of 2% in Iran in 2023 (by contrast, the IMF projects a contraction in the UK's GDP of -0.6% in 2023).
4- Social media amplifies divisions and societies across the world are becoming more polarised, not just Iran.
5- The IRI is very permissive in some ways, e.g. pardon for thousands of rioters in the new year, no longer enforcing hijab policy etc. But I agree, the IRI has many flaws and these mainly centre around its Islamic social policies.
6- Terrorist cult MEK is largely to blame for that after they exposed Natanz to the world in 2002, leading to a global effort to limit Iran's nuclear program and Iran prematurely ending its military nuclear program in 2003. Nonetheless, Iran has mastered and indigenised the nuclear fuel cycle and is capable of mass producing IR-6 centrifuges which are in operation enriching uranium to 60% HEU as we speak.

Your solution is to abandon sovereignty and capitulate to the demands of the US, which is directly responsible for inflicting that $800 billion 'loss' in its illegal multi-decade economic warfare campaign against Iran?.

Japan “surrendered”, Germany “surrendered”, South Korea “sided” with the west when Korea spilt. Just a few examples of a surrendering sovereignty and capitulating to demands that ended up working quite well for the domestic population.

If you ask population of Iran, they would gladly be a Japan, South Korea, or Germany. The average person in Iran doesn’t care about the Great Power games or geopolitics, they care about prosperity, freedom, and a decent life…..none of which is happening for them under current Government’s direction.

It’s gotten so bad, that Iran had to make friends with Saudi Arabia to thwart an Arab NATO from forming and also to get Saudi investment $$$$ into Iran.

It’s no secret that Iran under the Shah today would likely have been a much greater economic powerhouse with strong security ties to the US. Iran back then was what Israel is today to the US. It’s oil fields would be well developed, they would be supplying Europe with natural gas via pipeline and LNG, it’s auto industry and tech industry would be flourishing at a much greater pace.

The current Iran may one day end up a very powerful sovereign country with a very strong military. But that day could also be decades in future or may never come.

My point is, I can see why the domestic population of Iran (or at least some of them) don’t care about being a Western vassal as long as it bring the economic prosperity, freedom, and pursuit of happiness that the current government promised, but never provided.

Back
Top Bottom