What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I don't have a great memory, but I honestly feel that Iraq was the only time the East vs West were on the same page, and so much so as to provide support for the same country.

I am definitely aware of Germany and Netherlands involvement in chemical weapons and the U.S ISR Sats used to guide their chemical shells. French Aircraft, and British/PG Arab Capital

This is all correct, and I'm not here to debate the massive support Ba'thist Iraq was receiving from both imperialist blocs and superpowers of the time (while Iran obtained close to zero outside help, with only a few exceptions and in incomparably lower quantities). All I'm saying is that western assistance to Ukraine right now is a big factor in propping up Kiev's war fighting ability as well.

Last edited:
Since 82, all the new variants of S-300 took only 5 minutes to setup. The PS variants and everything that came after.

Most likely, the older variants are being used in western Ukraine, while the newer variants are being used in the east to take on Russia.

the radar take 30min to 1 hour to setup on s-300, that is one reason that I scream our 15th khordad , 3rd khordad and bavar have better radars and mobility compared to s-300 and they didn't had 250 batteries , probably 250 launcher , from which around 34 was in crimea and fall into russia hand .more importantly what they had was S300-V1, Ps and Pt
the PT model is from 78, V1 from 83 and PS model from 85 . the most advance they had was one PMU1 battery that was donated to them by slovakia and was built in 1992

they are not fighting even against 1/10 of western capabilities. from where you get that entire part from ?

Many believe that the Russians have been handling Ukraine with kids gloves so far. Much of the infrastructure in eastern Ukraine remains in place, including vital transportation hubs, railways that enable Ukraine to import weapons from NATO. Realistically Russia could throw Ukraine back into the stone age if they wanted to.

This is what I've been pointing to since the start of this war. Opposite to NATO standard procedure in their wars of aggression, Russia has been taking serious precautions to spare not just the civilian population but also infrastructures as far as possible, and despite Ukrainian forces often hiding in or next to civilian amenities. Other than two or three instances of Russian troops committing crimes that can be considered as sufficiently documented (the scarcity of these suggests individual actions, not a policy from Moscow), there's close to nothing on this front Russia could be blamed for, at least in comparison to the behaviour of NATO armies.

When it comes to killings of civilians in the town of Butcha, the most publicized crime attributed to Russia by the west, available information tends to incriminate the Ukrainian military and/or neo-Nazi reprisal units far more than Russian forces.

Mark my words, and I hope it won't come to pass, but there's a distinct possibility that Ukrainian reprisal units or the SBU would commit atrocities against Russian-speaking citizens in the areas recently invaded by Kiev, and pretend it was Russia's work. The risk is especially high if Russia succeeds in pushing back on Ukraine in the coming days and weeks, interrupting NATO's enthusiasm over recent gains made by their clients.

At any rate, it could be argued that by now, Russia might consider time has come to take off the gloves. If this occurs, Russian forces definitely ought to continue their efforts to avoid harming civilians. However when it comes to infrastructures and even political centers or Kiev regime figures, NATO regimes wouldn't be in a position to demonize Russia if it started targeting the latter.

Last edited:
That's just it, they're going to demonize Russia anyways. They're already talking about prosecuting Putin and Russia's leadership for war crimes. So what do they have to lose ? They need to face the reality of the situation.

If they're short on artillery, rockets, missiles, then they need to turn to North Korea, if they're short on drones, turn to Iran. This doesn't mean that they will be reliant on these countries forever but they need to put aside their pride and do what is needed.

On one hand you have Ukraine begging everyday for whatever they need, on the other hand you have Russia which has too much pride to purchase what they need to win the war from friendly nations.

If they need manpower, then they need a partial mobilization. Out of 2 million, mobilize 250,000. In Zaporizhia there are rumors that they are about to pass a law to mobilize the population. That's a start but I just don't understand why they keep playing games.

This is what I've been pointing to since the start of this war. Opposite to NATO standard procedure in their wars of aggression, Russia has been taking serious precautions to spare not just the civilian population but also infrastructures as far as possible, and despite Ukrainian forces often hiding in or next to civilian amenities. Other than two or three instances of Russian troops committing crimes that can be considered as sufficiently documented (the scarcity of these suggests individual actions, not a policy from Moscow), there's close to nothing on this front Russia could be blamed for, at least in comparison the behaviour of NATO armies.

When it comes to killings of civilians in the town of Butcha, the most publicized crime attributed to Russia by the west, available information tends to incriminate the Ukrainian military and/or neo-Nazi reprisal units far more than Russian forces.

Mark my words, and I hope it won't come to pass, but there's a distinct possibility that Ukrainian reprisal units or the SBU would commit atrocities against Russian-speaking citizens in the areas recently invaded by Kiev, and pretend it was Russia's work. The risk is especially high if Russia succeeds in pushing back on Ukraine in the coming days and weeks, interrupting NATO's enthusiasm over recent gains made by their clients.

At any rate, it could be argued that by now, Russia might consider time has come to take off the gloves. If this occurs, Russian forces definitely ought to continue their efforts to avoid harming civilians. However when it comes to infrastructures and even political centers or Kiev regime figures, NATO regimes wouldn't be in a position to demonize Russia if it started targeting the latter.

This is what I've been pointing to since the start of this war. Opposite to NATO standard procedure in their wars of aggression, Russia has been taking serious precautions to spare not just the civilian population but also infrastructures as far as possible, and despite Ukrainian forces often hiding in or next to civilian amenities. Other than two or three instances of Russian troops committing crimes that can be considered as sufficiently documented (the scarcity of these suggests individual actions, not a policy from Moscow), there's close to nothing on this front Russia could be blamed for, at least in comparison the behaviour of NATO armies.

A clash of ideologies when it comes to theapproach to warfare has occurred with the conflict in Ukraine. As you eruditely said, Russia has spared so much of Ukraine's crucial civilian infrastructure undoubtedly due in some part to their ethos with how they treat this war. Juxtaposed to your typical NATO style intervention/engagement which would have seen massive decapitation operations against enemy leadership as well deep strikes, destroying assets needed to help the country run itself, placing extreme stress on the populace.

I guess the only real question that needs to be asked here (in light of recent Ukrainian battlefield success). Is what the Russian Federation worth it thus far and will it bring some sort of "victory" when all is said and done? To me, Russia cannot afford to end this war with some "treaty" that sees Ukraine officially turned into a strong NATO country that is vehemently anti-Russian. This will only invite more conflict down the road as the West works tireless to turn Ukraine even more into a fortress meant to facilitate the marginalization of Russia. They need to take this war (and for god sakes, they need to start calling it what it is) to its logical conclusion.

Clearly the demilitarizing of Ukraine isn't going nearly as smoothly. The West has been working overtime in rearming Ukrainian forces of lost equipment and the manpower issue doesn't seem to be all that much of a problem given that they've already fully-mobilized and have literal 100s of thousands of men to spare. In comparison to Russia which has been fighting with what amounts of (In terms of an invasion force) an expeditionary force.

Seriously speaking, at what point does Russia finally go "all in" and face the music?

That's just it, they're going to demonize Russia anyways. They're already talking about prosecuting Putin and Russia's leadership for war crimes. So what do they have to lose ? They need to face the reality of the situation.

If they're short on artillery, rockets, missiles, then they need to turn to North Korea, if they're short on drones, turn to Iran. This doesn't mean that they will be reliant on these countries forever but they need to put aside their pride and do what is needed.

On one hand you have Ukraine begging everyday for whatever they need, on the other hand you have Russia which has too much pride to purchase what they need to win the war from friendly nations.

If they need manpower, then they need a partial mobilization. Out of 2 million, mobilize 250,000. In Zaporizhia there are rumors that they are about to pass a law to mobilize the population. That's a start but I just don't understand why they keep playing games.

I think Putin is the issue here. He still think he can win the war with a small handful of soldiers coupled with blazing artillery but that just isn't enough to cut it. Ukraine is now/has been a NATO military with NATO funding and NATO ISR/equipment.

How they came to the conclusion that ~200,000 troops was "enough" is beyond me. They cannot afford to come out of this war with a somewhat stronger hand than they started. It's a win or lose situation.

I still don't understand why Russia did not start of with a massive missile/air campaign destroying large parts of Ukraine air defence system and Ukraine air force?

Had they achieved complete air superiority in the first few weeks. No foreign weapons could be donated to Ukraine.

UAV's and UCAV's (which Iraq never fielded).
was not available then
as i previously stated the 200 tanks Ukraine received are actually weaker than the tanks iraq got 40 years ago
Also dozens of Ukrainian brigades were trained directly by NATO, something Iraq was equally deprived of.
on that you are completely wrong , if you think France and Russia didn't provided training for iraq
As for best aircraft available to the USSR and France, I'm not sure the Soviet fighter jets Saddam received weren't downgraded export models. French aircraft were limited in numbers and restricted to two types.
the mig-25 of iraq were not downgraded and france aircraft also had the same situation
In terms of missiles, Ukraine already had a certain stockpile of its own when the war started.
artillery rockets they gave up on their missiles
Furthermore it stands to reason that for all the intelligence Iraq was fed by the USA, the regime in Kiev is benefiting from much wider and more detailed data. Including because surveillance technology has improved since the 1980's.
as i said both received it , but it suffice to say there was no movement on our parts that was not reported in detail to Iraqi army . they even had a special office for that
Most likely they don't care or don't have the means to blow it up. They won't linger around to feel like they want to destroy the tank to not be used against them when they are only interested in getting away.
it take 1 or 2 min to destroy those ammo or tanks . honestly they need some discipline
Since 82, all the new variants of S-300 took only 5 minutes to setup. The PS variants and everything that came after.
you are welcome trying to make 76n6 operable in 5min

I doubt we are doing any training for them anymore (except uavs). God knows they should be training our Artesh frankly speaking in infantry tactics.

Houthies are not self-sufficient either. They need alot of material assistance from Iran to operate, even things like Kornet/Dehlavie munitions.

Alot of new ideas and technology is transfered to hezbollah. Nasrallah himeslf is even saying that theirs equipment there that not even Iran has deployed. You know that Shahed-136 shipping container launch method? Probably already in Lebanon. The constant improvement of their equipment is likely what is being done, including growing their stockpiles of munitions.

We are talking about providing conversion kits for munitions to turn to precision munition, SAMS (which are likely in Hezb hands), EW equipment, laser guided munitions, construction equipment and perhaps other more sensitive equipment. They can't build all of these on their own, so they will require Iran's industrial capacity to provide them with capabilities that make them into an advanced military, a modern military.

Houthies in contrast, do not have this degree of sophistication, especially in equipment, but these are early days still.

What does this statement even mean?

Look at Hezbollah in battle of Yabrud. Literally wiped the floor with terrorists in their first conventional battle.

Houthi’s have existed for longer than Hezbollah. And in the 2000’s were actually supported by Saudi Arabia in their battle with Sallah. They been at war with various sides for decades. But Houthi’s are guerrilla fighters more akin to Taliban in terms of fighting strategy than Hezbollah that is more strategic.

I'm still confused. If Hezbollah is so advanced that they could already train our armed personnel in the Army, then what do we need Syria for? And if it's for a ground route to provide Hezbollah with weapons while we're doing the same in Yemen by providing Houthies with Dehlavieh, when Yemen has been under a draconian blockade for years, then again, what do we need Syria for?

Most importantly, how do people expect Syria to be of any significance to Iran's resistance axis particularly in time of need (like a potential conflict with the US or Israel) when Assad is so useless and such a coward that is quite happy and content with his country being divided between several countries including Turkey and Israel? How can you trust a guy like that?

Israel is bombing Syria on a weekly basis and what has Syria done so far to stop it? In all honesty, can anyone here imagine Assad responding to Israeli aggressions?

As for Russia, their eastern front is collapsing as it has been the case for the last 5 days. If things stay the same, which is likely to happen, Russia will be forced to submit to the West's dictates like before. Russia is not going to dictate oil and gas prices for long when the West starts to find alternatives. It will take time, but it will eventually happen. And when that happens, one of the things that the West will ask Russia to do, and Russia will gladly accept it like the previous times, is for Russia to throw Iran under the bus again.

I think that we have to wait for China.

Thankfuly west is pushing them to where we want, esp, in the Taiwanese case.
China has adopted a non-confrontational policy so far.
I don't think China would change its policies anytime soon.

The Chinese care about money and their economy a lot more than we in Iran do.

Ukraine humiliating the Russians in just one day
This is Russia's September 11. lol

China has adopted a non-confrontational policy so far.
I don't think China would change its policies anytime soon.

The Chinese care about money and their economy a lot more than we in Iran do.

Ukraine humiliating the Russians in just one day
This is Russia's September 11. lol

It seems PLA is not happy with that policy that allowed Pelosi to have safe journey to Taiwan.

Must wait and see, maybe they are going to make major changes and possiboy Mr Xi is going to put interests of PLA on country's top priority. The weak response to Pelosy visit has left Xi under pressure from Chniese nationalists.

China and Russia many times worked against Iran and Ansarallah warriors of Yemen, so we Iranians should not expect much from them because for money they support killing of Yemeni Children, so they could do the same with Iranian children if it's in their interest.

It's not bad at all that zionist-friendly Putin receives some hits from Ukraine and Nato. They lack the concept of honour which is embedded in Iranian history and culture (tales of Arash and Siavash and more).

They need to change their attitude towards Iran, showing more respect, if they have honour-based culture. But cold slavic rude vodka steppe culture and atheist materialistic-robotic cultures do not understand concept of honour and friendship.

In the future these "cultures" will try to prevent resurrection of Iranian civilization and we'll possibly clash with them. And surely if they think they can be the version of US 2.0 (they are less powerfull) we'll show them how it works in middle east and will make it unsafe for them. They should know our red lines these Russians and Chinese, we have red lines as well. Respect works 2 ways.

Last edited:
It seems PLA is not happy with that policy that allowed Pelosi to have safe journey to Taiwan.

Must wait and see, maybe they are going to make major changes and possiboy Mr Xi is going to put interests of PLA on country's top priority. The weak response to Pelosy visit has left Xi under pressure from Chniese nationalists.
The problem with us Iranians is that we think other countries are also willing to sacrifice their economy for "resistance".
Not every country is willing to destroy its economy for half-assed measures that make no difference and have no effect but propaganda for local consumption.

Back
Top Bottom