What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I couldn't find shale reserves data :cry: but I remember at 50 $ for a barrel of oil most of U.S shale producers were complaining and asking for loans from banks.

That was then, this is now. Now Shale producers can be fine at $35 a barrel and the industry has consolidated. The small guys went belly up and were absorbed by big guys who can take losses during down markets (COVID 2020)

@Muhammed45 and @SalarHaqq ..I promised to tag both of you when I see how IR is propagating Arabic language in Iran ...This is how Iran's official "Fars" news agency is reporting events..replacing already existing "Farsi" words with new Arabic words..the assault on "Frasi" language is so "low key" and clever that the readers do not even notice they are being "Arabized" by their elected government....I am no language police but if we lose our language then the Arabs have conquered Iran without firing a single shot and they have done it in our own hands..:undecided::undecided::undecided:

صدها تن از شیعیان مقیم انگلیس پس از یک ماه تزکیه نفس، صبح سه شنبه با حضور در مرکز اسلامی انگلیس در لندن، نماز عید فطر را اقامه کردند.

another one..(I only highlight new Arabic words the older ones already part of language )
حجت‌الاسلام سرلک در همین رابطه می‌گوید: «در وصف فضائل نماز عید سعید فطر روایت بسیاری وجود دارد، بنابراین

The good news is that our friend @_Nabil_ will be able to read Iranian news papers in few years without google translation! anf Farsi will be just another "dialect" of Arabic language.....lol

Well done "Islamic Republic" the guardian of Arab culture in Iran!:undecided:
Arabic is our sacred language, so naturally when talking about religious stuff we use Arabic words, some times cause there is no equivalent word, some times for the purpose of transferring the exact meaning. so for example we never use any of the words which you mentioned in our daily life.

Today what is actually endangering the Farsi are English words, kids use foreign services and are learning tons of English words and use them in their daily life, people and companies use English words to name their products and services, few days ago I saw a report about a restaurant in Tehran which only had English menu. Finglish typing is another problem which now people use just to be seen as supposedly high class!

So who provoked you!

That was then, this is now. Now Shale producers can be fine at $35 a barrel and the industry has consolidated. The small guys went belly up and were absorbed by big guys who can take losses during down markets (COVID 2020)
Even big guys are motivated by big profits ( capitalism baby :)).at which oil price range do you think they would put up bread on their table and continue with current phase of production ?

20 years with current production rate.
View attachment 840447

View attachment 840452
Iran is number 3 :) at 2022
Good info..I like to mention that Saudi oil reserves numbers are contested..there are reports and indications that their reserv numbers are highly exaggerated and they are running on empty...Venezuela and Canada oil reserves are "oilsands" and require extremely expensive process to extract and refine...it cost Canada $40 dollars per barrel to extract oil..so Iran is the sure bet as most reliable and economical oil to have.

Good info..I like to mention that Saudi oil reserves numbers are contested..there are reports and indications that their reserv numbers are highly exaggerated and they are running on empty...Venezuela and Canada oil reserves are "oilsands" and require extremely expensive process to extract and refine...it cost Canada $40 dollars per barrel to extract oil..so Iran is the sure bet as most reliable and economical oil to have.
And this is where we say : gozar post be dabbagh khone miofte :)

Even big guys are motivated by big profits ( capitalism baby :)).at which oil price range do you think they would put up bread on their table and continue with current phase of production ?

They refused to open new wells when oil was above $100.

They won’t be tricked into short term profits by opening new wells only to have price crash and they have to close wells again.

They are sustainable and profitable. Iran probably draws at $10 a barrel or so. Saudi’s even less.

The thing is US and Saudi oil companies benefit from the latest in oil tech and can rejuvenate old wells to keep them going longer. Iran on the other hand needs a lot of investments in its oil industry (hundreds of billions) and doesn’t have that capital lying around nor the investors. Hence why Iran’s oil production has been much lower since 1980.

Iran with its oil and natural gas reserves could be energy supergiant, but its own high domestic consumption in both areas along with lacking the necessary infrastructures/investments is causing it to not operate anywhere close to full potential.

Arabic is our sacred language, so naturally when talking about religious stuff we use Arabic words, some times cause there is no equivalent word, some times for the purpose of transferring the exact meaning. so for example we never use any of the words which you mentioned in our daily life.

Today what is actually endangering the Farsi are English words, kids use foreign services and are learning tons of English words and use them in their daily life, people and companies use English words to name their products and services, few days ago I saw a report about a restaurant in Tehran which only had English menu. Finglish typing is another problem which now people use just to be seen as supposedly high class!

So who provoked you!

That's so true. People aren't getting linguistically "Arabized" in Iran, and as I pointed out in my replies to our friend Aryobarzan, the sentences he quoted were from a purely religious context. Moslem Iranians discussing the same Islamic topics before the 1979 Revolution, were using the exact same vocabulary. So nothing changed here.

However, as you correctly stressed (thanks for that), the increasing use of English vocabs by ordinary Iranians is the actual threat to Iranian language, culture and civilization, because contrary to those Arabic concepts, it is not case-specific and confined to a particular sphere (religion), but totally all-encompassing, poisoning and alienating Iranian authenticity across the board. Even some Majles representatives and other politicians (mostly liberals I guess) were shown using ridiculous English words for which we have Persian equivalents, such as "item" and various others.

On a sidenote, if I type 'Finglish' here, it's because I have no Farsi keyboard (and sometimes because I don't want foreigners to be able to translate using an online service), but certainly not to appear "classy" in the eyes of the westernized غرب زده crowd.

Last edited:
I see you added revāyat to the list. May I respectfully ask, dear friend, what those other Arabic or Farsi vocabs were that the Islamic Republic eliminated for the benefit of fazl and revāyat in this particular context (i.e. in the context of a religious discussion or event)?

Frankly, these specific examples have always been in use to the best of my knowledge. I wonder how the vocabulary of the average Iranian namāz-jom'e differed before 1979 with regards to these two words?
روایت = گفتار ، داستان ، بازگفت
فضل = فرهیختگی، فرجادی، دانش

years ago I saw a good app on mobile it was called پارسی را پاس بداریم .
sadly it was not updated in years . this is the link for any body who is interested

So who provoked you!
its the language of our sacred book not our sacred language . don't mistake them with each other. if Arabic be our sacred language everything said in it would be sacred and I can't accept that. for me there is nothing sacred in Arabic language or any other language. the language is just simply a tool.
and in my book if you don't knew Arabica , its a lot better to read Quran and religious text translated to Persians than reading them in Arabic but don't knew what it say

Last edited:
روایت = گفتار ، داستان ، بازگفت
فضل = فرهیختگی، فرجادی، دانش

years ago I saw a good app on mobile it was called پارسی را پاس بداریم .
sadly it was not updated in years . this is the link for any body who is interested

You missed the underlined, and most important part of my post. Of course there are Farsi synonyms for وایت and فضل. But Aryobarzan's argument was basically that it's only under the Islamic Republic that these two vocabs came to be used. To which I responded that this is not true in the religious context. When talking about these same religious topics which the articles he quoted were dealing with, no alem would use داستان or فرهیختگی in their khutbas prior to the glorious Islamic Revolution either. That's the point here.

So there's no creeping "Arabization" in this regard, since usage remains case-specific. On the other hand, there is a very dangerous expansion of English vocabs in every day use, and that is the actual threat to Iranian language and culture because contrary to the other examples, it is a widespread, trivialized social phenomenon that transcends contexts, topics and situations.

Last edited:
On a sidenote, if I type 'Finglish' here, it's because I have no Farsi keyboard (and sometimes because I don't want foreigners to be able to translate using an online service), but certainly not to appear "classy" in the eyes of the westernized غرب زده crowd.
reading what is written in finglish is really hard . at least for old fashioned people like me . it has nothing to be as you say غرب زده or شرق زده. I rather write in English or Persian than finglish . to me writing in Finglish is nonsense mockery of language , its copying of what Ataturk did to Turkish language

Last edited:
They refused to open new wells when oil was above $100.
why ?
They won’t be tricked into short term profits by opening new wells only to have price crash and they have to close wells again.✅

They are sustainable and profitable. Iran probably draws at $10 a barrel or so. Saudi’s even less.✅

The thing is US and Saudi oil companies benefit from the latest in oil tech and can rejuvenate old wells to keep them going longer. Iran on the other hand needs a lot of investments in its oil industry (hundreds of billions) and doesn’t have that capital lying around nor the investors. Hence why Iran’s oil production has been much lower since 1980.

Iran with its oil and natural gas reserves could be energy supergiant, but its own high domestic consumption in both areas along with lacking the necessary infrastructures/investments is causing it to not operate anywhere close to full potential.
I think it was Mr Ruhani's decision to stop at ~4.3 million and they hated it.I highly doubt Iran will ever again goes for 5.7 million even without any sanction.
Iran do have some capabilities at home so it's cheaper to build oil rigs.
Again I think 4.8-5 million is as good as it gets.(ideal scenario)

Our economic car (pride) burns fuel like there is no tomorrow (7 liter per 100 KM):lol:
we have a lot of room for savings and improvement.if we introduce a 4-4.5 liter car we may save a little here.

reading what is written in finglish is really hard . at least for old fashioned people like me . it has nothing to be as you say غرب زده or شرق زده. I rather right in English or Persian than finglish . to me writing in Finglish is nonsense mockery of language , its copying of what Ataturk did to Turkish language

I said I didn't do it to conform to any "fashionable" trends, but a) because I don't own a Farsi keyboard, I'm a resident of Europe and hardly ever need to write in Farsi outside this forum, and b) I don't want certain people to be able to translate it with an online translator. Also Iran is شرقی, can't really be afflicted with شرق زدگی.

You missed the underlined, and most important part of my post. Of course there are Farsi synonyms for وایت and فضل. But Aryobarzan's argument was basically that it's only under the Islamic Republic that these two vocabs came to be used.
well that's misunderstanding the problem , they come to our language way before that . and it has nothing to do with religion either . people are simply people no matter its now , or its Qajar dynasty or 1200 years ago.
those world become part of Persians language is exactly happened as when what we saw at Qajar dynasty , when French was the language of choice for people who went to Europe , when they come back they wanted to tell people they knew more than them , and started to use french words in their talks , and other people also copied them , later English become the language of fashion and some retards wanted to say they are more educated than others so they began talking with English word between their sentences and as people are people , the rest followed them and some other word entered Persian language , those Arabic words also entered Persian language the same way but way before when Arabic was scientific language and language of fashion .

about use of arabic word , I'm not against them , and have no problem using them and I am seriously against running a witch hunt to purify the language from it , its just some nonsense. what I'm against is that some people use some nonsense arabic word to say they are religion and studied some arabic religious book . or when you have some legal work , they speak so if they are not raised in Iran. that's what i say must be fixed

Back
Top Bottom