What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Iranian economy coming alive again!!:undecided::undecided:

Iran Records a Trade Surplus of $1.2bn Last Month, China largest client
By
IFP Editorial Staff
-
September 6, 2021

Iran’s customs administration says the country recorded a trade surplus of $1.2bn in the previous Persian calendar month.
Spokesman for the customs administration Rouhollah Latifi said Iran exported $3.2 billion of non-oil products between July 23 and August 22. Latifi said this is a 54 percent growth compared to the previous year, but a nine percent fall compared to the previous Persian calendar month.
Latifi further said China has been the largest client of Iran during the July 23 to August 22 period, importing over $1.5bn worth of products, equal to 45 percent of Iranian exports.

The USA, the country with the most powerful military and economy in the world spent 20+ years and look how it ended. Iran already had to clean up their mess in Syria and Iraq. What is Iran a garbage man to continually clean up their failed pet projects ?

Iran has national interests like any other nation. The previous, US backed Afghan government, was more opposed to Iranian interests than the Taliban. As long as the Taliban do not persecute minorities, are not hostile towards Iran's borders and are somewhat receptive towards Iran in terms of diplomacy, Iran is not going to do anything.

The Afghan army had an airforce, while the Taliban did not. They had the numbers, better weapons, yet they did not want to fight. You can't buy will power, bravery, honor and so many other things in life. If the Afghan people are truly unhappy with the Taliban, then they will eventually rise up and do something about it.

Intervening in the internal affairs of nations and trying to change their government / culture is the American way. Allowing events to play out and then reaching out to whomever is in power is the China / Russia approach. You tell me which one has worked out better in the last 20 years ?

I heard on a news program that the true cost of the war in Afghanistan after interest and veteran fees is going to be nearly 10 TRILLION dollars. For 10 trillion the US could have had universal healthcare, universal education for years. Not only that but consider the fact that before the US went into Afghanistan, Opium had been banned. Hopefully in the next 20 years the Taliban will put an end to the Opium trade like they did last time. This will greatly benefit Iran. Sometimes patience is the best approach.

Just going to say shame on President Raisi, the security council, and Iranian government for standing by watching an ethnic enclave with close ties to Iranian culture fall to wahabbi terrorists. What a joke. Trading one problem (US troops) for another one (Sunni Jihadstan).

Meanwhile Pakistan is supporting backwards cavemen who look like Neanderthals. Then both sides complain about the West and how they exploit the Middle East.

I’m sure a country where people can’t even play music outside is going to be a thriving center of knowledge and technology /s

Why are you surprised ? It's the same thing in every large city in north America and Europe. They tolerate it in the name of freedom and democracy. They don't care about their own people. They would rather be concerned about about women in Afghanistan. Not the ones that were blown up by drones though, but the other ones, you know...

After Ahmed Masoud called for a general uprising in Afghanistan. A demonstration in Daikundi province, in the center of the country, against the Taliban

Protests in Kabul, chanting anti Pakistan slogans

What is the point of this now ? Why didn't they fight earlier when they had the airforce ? numbers ? weapons ?

This might turn into a civil war if things escalate. Taliban should simply give people some basic human rights and create an inclusive government to avoid another decade of bloodshed. That is "if" they are capable of such a thing.

Turkish Foreign Minister: We cannot afford another wave of immigration from Afghanistan, and we want Iran to take measures on its part as well

Commander of IRGC Qods Force, Esmail Qaani, attends a closed-door session of Iran's Majlis to discuss recent developments in Afghanistan

A former US army sniper who was trained in Iraq, Afghanistan, kills 4, injures an 11 year old girl in central Florida. He suffers from PTSD and tried to grab a police officers gun in the hospital before being subdued. He was high on methamphetamine before the shooting.

How Iran treats Afghan citizens in this difficult times:

Afghans to get scholarship and special residency in Iran
By
IFP Editorial Staff
-
September 6, 2021

Iran says it is granting scholarships and special residency to top Afghan students and academics.
According to the office of Iran’s vice president of Science and Technology, so far 200 Afghan citizens have been vetted for this purpose.
A human resources official at the office said qualified candidates will be granted 3-, 5- and 10-year residency. Seyeyd Ali Hosseini added that those holding such a residency will be treated as Iranian citizens and enjoy all rights except the voting right.
photo_2021-09-06_12-20-31-1.jpg
Hosseini said Afghans who receive the special residency card will be employed as researchers and entrepreneurs at knowledge-based companies.
He noted that people from other countries like France, Spain, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq have received the special residency and they no longer need to extend their visas. Hosseini said some 100 prospective students who contested the Afghan university entrance exams were also identified and 80 students said they were willing to study in Iran for a Bachelor’s degree.
He said after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree, the students may apply for admission to graduate programs but their success in doing so depends on their performance as undergraduate students. That’s, Hosseini said, also the case with PhD candidates.
photo_2021-09-06_12-20-43-1.jpg

Iranian economy coming alive again!!:undecided::undecided:

Iran Records a Trade Surplus of $1.2bn Last Month, China largest client
By
IFP Editorial Staff
-
September 6, 2021

Spokesman for the customs administration Rouhollah Latifi said Iran exported $3.2 billion of non-oil products between July 23 and August 22. Latifi said this is a 54 percent growth compared to the previous year, but a nine percent fall compared to the previous Persian calendar month.
Latifi further said China has been the largest client of Iran during the July 23 to August 22 period, importing over $1.5bn worth of products, equal to 45 percent of Iranian exports.
THis is great news, wow, Iran's drive to not be suffocated and reach its potential is almost unrivaled. Buuut..this particular section smells to me like execution of strategic 25 yr deal between China and Iran:

China has been the largest client of Iran during the July 23 to August 22 period, importing over $1.5bn worth of products, equal to 45 percent of Iranian exports.

THis is great news, wow, Iran's drive to not be suffocated and reach its potential is almost unrivaled. Buuut..this particular section smells to me like execution of strategic 25 yr deal between China and Iran:
I also did think it may be the start of that agreement but nothing public yet. I expect some news with regards to that in the next three months.

Just going to say shame on President Raisi, the security council, and Iranian government for standing by watching an ethnic enclave with close ties to Iranian culture fall to wahabbi terrorists. What a joke. Trading one problem (US troops) for another one (Sunni Jihadstan).

Meanwhile Pakistan is supporting backwards cavemen who look like Neanderthals. Then both sides complain about the West and how they exploit the Middle East.

I’m sure a country where people can’t even play music outside is going to be a thriving center of knowledge and technology /s
Not sure what can be expected. The Afghan Gov fell in a few weeks, even if they wanted to support them, to what degree would that even be possible logistically when the front lines are shifting by the minute? The reach of Iran into Kabul is not very long at all. I'm curious as to what you expect?

What you want requires deep preparations, not something that can be achieved so rapidly in the Island of Panjshir, we are not the US that can be so rapid. As much as I'd like to see support, this isn't something that can be done so easily on such short notice, and short of invasion the only possible support is limited to airdropping supplies from antiquated C-130's.

I also did think it may be the start of that agreement but nothing public yet. I expect some news with regards to that in the next three months.
Yup....for me the signal that the deal MIGHT have been activated is that China increased its purchase of sanctioned Iranian oil recently, and hasnt reduced it since. That signals possibly change of policy aka strategic deal activation. I dunno really but i noticed recently China increased considerably, in spite of potential risks from US, its important trades iwth Iran, but its obv in CHina's interest too, so China did it for value and national gain, not for spite or emotions. Iran is BACK to cashing out big on its oil and petrochemical sales (Syria, LEbanon, Afghanistan, are all dependent on Iranian energy and Iranian energy is surplus enough and produced enough, that it can handle it! OMG), but alot of it is secret or privately done. Iranian govt will also never, out of excitement, tell Iranian nation that alot of oil money has been received.
Just going to say shame on President Raisi, the security council, and Iranian government for standing by watching an ethnic enclave with close ties to Iranian culture fall to wahabbi terrorists
So you want Iranian govt to choose ethnic interests ("ethnic enclave"used by you) over NATIONAL interests? (such as free and open embassy, businesses, flights, relations, trade, education, etc)
What a joke. Trading one problem (US troops) for another one (Sunni Jihadstan).
Only joke here is your myopic way of understanding the complexities Iran faces in Afghanistan and how after all, Iran smartly chose to win, instead of being right, to secure its main interests, instead of whining, like you, about every little socioethnic humiliation or incident that happens in Afghanistan...Iran has accepted things will never be "perfect" for it in Afghanistan, so it has chosen a practical wide view approach to dealing with Afghanistan..Iran didnt fail because Iran didnt set its expectations too high, like you have also, thats why you hurtin for Panjishir, seriously.

Once again, Iranian govt has accepted that "they're country, their rules", Afghanistan IS NOT Iran, and doesnt want to be, and is yes, too backwards and unsophisticated enough to be an Iran, so Iran has smartly chosen to justto let things run their course, play its best possible hand, and protect itself, because at the end of the day, WHAT CAN Iran DO to fix AFghanistan at this stage? Iran didnt cause the mess, so Iran wont clean that mess up, at least not for nothing. Iran might still snatch western Afghanistan soon too, if Afghanistan gets too unstable, it would be a relatively easy cakewalk for Iran, in the perfect/good context (of that happening).

Last edited:
Not sure what can be expected. The Afghan Gov fell in a few weeks, even if they wanted to support them, to what degree would that even be possible logistically when the front lines are shifting by the minute? The reach of Iran into Kabul is not very long at all. I'm curious as to what you expect?

What you want requires deep preparations, not something that can be achieved so rapidly in the Island of Panjshir, we are not the US that can be so rapid. As much as I'd like to see support, this isn't something that can be done so easily on such short notice, and short of invasion the only possible support is limited to airdropping supplies from antiquated C-130's.

Iran has a lot of sway in Afghanistan despite what some here think. Iran resumed fuel and gas transfers to Taliban at their request. They are desperate for trade and energy. Iran is one of Afghanistan’s biggest trading partner. Iran has a lot of leverage over the Taliban especially given that leaders and their families have passed thru or found refuge in Iran since 2001.

So Iran could have merely told Taliban thru diplomatic channels that it should halt its advance in Panjshir. No one is saying Iran should have down a full ground invasion to save Panjshir.

But it seems Iran is so busy getting the US out of the door that it forgers Sunni terrorists change loyalty at a dime of a hat. What’s stopping tomorrow Israel or House of Saud to pay Taliban to do hit and run attacks on Iranian border guards or assist Balchoui terrorists to better infiltrate Iran?

Like I said this whole “their country, their rules” motto is pure ignorance when Iran’s enemies continually look for rogue groups (Balouchi terrorists, Kurdish terrorists, Arab separatists, etc) to exploit and sow disorder within Iran’s borders.

Iran has Experience building allies in Afghanistan in the Northern Alliance. Furthermore, a few Iranian drones like Gaza, Shahrud-129, and Kaman-22 and F-4’s would have decimated Taliban advance while allowing Shah’s forces to hold their ground.

Just look at what a few Turkish drones did to Syria in Idlib province or what they did to Armenian forces in Armenia-Azeri war.

I don’t trust the Taliban one bit. Cant expect savages to think with logic. There PR image attempt isn’t fooling anyone.

Iran has a lot of sway in Afghanistan despite what some here think. Iran resumed fuel and gas transfers to Taliban at their request. They are desperate for trade and energy. Iran is one of Afghanistan’s biggest trading partner. Iran has a lot of leverage over the Taliban especially given that leaders and their families have passed thru or found refuge in Iran since 2001.

So Iran could have merely told Taliban thru diplomatic channels that it should halt its advance in Panjshir. No one is saying Iran should have down a full ground invasion to save Panjshir.
I suppose this is possible, but it does appear that we also need them as well, I'm not sure about how much leverage Iran has, but I don't see alot, the Taliban unlike Ghani does not have any standards they need to abide by. For example, I don't think they care much about "economic isolation" and such.
But it seems Iran is so busy getting the US out of the door that it forgers Sunni terrorists change loyalty at a dime of a hat. What’s stopping tomorrow Israel or House of Saud to pay Taliban to do hit and run attacks on Iranian border guards or assist Balchoui terrorists to better infiltrate Iran?

Like I said this whole “their country, their rules” motto is pure ignorance when Iran’s enemies continually look for rogue groups (Balouchi terrorists, Kurdish terrorists, Arab separatists, etc) to exploit and sow disorder within Iran’s borders.
Totally agree.
Iran has Experience building allies in Afghanistan in the Northern Alliance. Furthermore, a few Iranian drones like Gaza, Shahrud-129, and Kaman-22 and F-4’s would have decimated Taliban advance while allowing Shah’s forces to hold their ground.
If we remember Soleimani and his great relations with his father, I wonder what he would do if he was still here today.
I don't know what the IR is thinking, but I sense a bit of skepticism with the son as compared to the father who received maximum support during that time. Iran can of course offer alot more today than it could in the 90s with regards to infantry equipment.

Just look at what a few Turkish drones did to Syria in Idlib province or what they did to Armenian forces in Armenia-Azeri war.

I completely agree, but of course them using their drones near their bases and borders is very different than using them nearly 900km away from our borders. It's doable but very difficult. If we were talking about Herat, the numbers of operable drones we can have in the area would be staggering, far more than the more expensive drones of theirs, but not so easy to bring alot of game changing firepower there.

I don’t trust the Taliban one bit. Cant expect savages to think with logic. There PR image attempt isn’t fooling anyone.
I agree, I'm under the impression they may become a problem in the longer term especially if their is civil war in the country. This country will be festering with terrorists seeking to harm everyone for quite sometime for the future.

Iran has a lot of leverage over the Taliban especially given that leaders and their families have passed thru or found refuge in Iran since 2001.

Is there a source for this? Taleban leaders and their families would have tended to find refuge in Pakistan before requesting asylum in Iran.

So Iran could have merely told Taliban thru diplomatic channels that it should halt its advance in Panjshir.

Maybe it did.

a few Iranian drones like Gaza, Shahrud-129, and Kaman-22 and F-4’s would have decimated Taliban advance while allowing Shah’s forces to hold their ground.

Takfiri terrorists can't do a thing against Iran nor even pose a potential threat unless empowered by the US and NATO. Every time they attacked Iran or its allies, it was with covert or overt western and zionist backing.

Masoud has close ties with zionist agent Bernard Henri Levy and is ideologically influenced by the west, particularly France, which he perceives as a "model". He never asked Iran for help either, preferring to place his hopes on the Americans.

So here we have one party whose loyalty already goes to the enemy, and another one that may possibly change its loyalty in the future... This doesn't warrant support for the former against the latter.

- - - - -

If we remember Soleimani and his great relations with his father, I wonder what he would do if he was still here today.

The Quds Force and by extension shahid Soleimani are the architects of the normalization of ties with the Taliban. It's 100% an IRGC policy, which is why you see the liberal (reformist / centrist) crowd going into overdrive advocating for intervention in Afghanistan... Moroever the goal of the reformists according to analysts is to get Iran bogged down over there, which they hope will then lead to disengagement from Palestine, Lebanon and Syria (in accordance with their favorite slogan "na Ghazzeh, na Lobnan, janam fadaye Iran").

I don't know what the IR is thinking, but I sense a bit of skepticism with the son as compared to the father who received maximum support during that time.

IR decision makers are privy to classified information. If they estimate that Masoud junior has gone a bit too far in connecting with the zio-American camp, they surely have good reasons to think so.

I completely agree, but of course them using their drones near their bases and borders is very different than using them nearly 900km away from our borders. It's doable but very difficult. If we were talking about Herat, the numbers of operable drones we can have in the area would be staggering, far more than the more expensive drones of theirs, but not so easy to bring alot of game changing firepower there.

It's not a matter of military and technical feasability but of the political consequences of Iran entering a war in Afghanistan. If Iran did that, then Afghan territory being used as a terrorist breeding ground against Iran would no longer be a remote possibility but a certainty. So would Pakistani involvement. Such trigger happiness would be politically short sighted, especially now given the economic situation and the need to rebuild Syria and Iraq, in addition to assisting Lebanon and Venezuela.

I agree, I'm under the impression they may become a problem in the longer term especially if their is civil war in the country. This country will be festering with terrorists seeking to harm everyone for quite sometime for the future.

Hence why civil war in Afghanistan should be averted, not contributed to.

Last edited:
Is there a source for this? Taleban leaders and their families would have tended to find refuge in Pakistan before requesting asylum in Iran.

Maybe it did.

Masoud has close ties with zionist agent Bernard Henri Levy and is ideologically influenced by the west, particularly France. He never asked Iran for help either, preferring to pander to the Americans.

So here we have one party whose loyalty already goes to the enemy, and another one that may possibly change its loyalty in the future... Obviously, this does not warrant support for the former.
I should also add to here with @TheImmortal , the key thing is as he said, they haven't even bothered to request assistance from Iran, neither Ghani or Masood.
They don't want our help, very stupid if you ask me.

Abdullah Abdullah has requested humanitarian aid from Iran.

I should also add to here with @TheImmortal , the key thing is as he said, they haven't even bothered to request assistance from Iran, neither Ghani or Masood.
They don't want our help, very stupid if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom