What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I'm not ranting due to the covid numbers in Iran.
This was a national scale project for Iran, he had to set up in parallel greater production capacity. If he had managed that, he would have been a good pick for VP.
He did not perform outstanding, just normal.
Such a project is complex, but it was clear that current production infrastructure would not be sufficient, and he failed to expand it in time. Thats what makes a good manager.

100%.

We have incompetence at every level. It is time to hand over the tasks to qualified and proven managers and leaders.

This was the first time of doing this vaccine in such a large volume. Honestly I expected missed promises.

I have objected wasting time on Remdesivir and Favipiravir from day 1. Unfortunately it was a waste of effort.

Yet guys:
They will be in better shape soon in a few months. Also COVID variants are coming. There will be beyond Delta.

Covid is not going anywhere.
We will need more and improved vaccines.

Several weeks ago I read that 5 million doses of Barekat are being produced every month with the 2nd production line going into operation.

Honestly they're trying their best and realistically a politician cannot micro manage a sophisticated scientific project. That's just a given.

The Delta (Indian) variant is something else. Even in Israel where the entire population is fully vaccinated, they're bringing back restrictions.

In the USA which is a leading country when it comes to vaccinations, 600 people died yesterday. In Russia 800.

Right now in China entire cities are being shut down and peoples doors are being nailed shut to make sure they don't leave their homes.

In the next month 8 million more doses will be given out in Iran, bringing the total to 24 million doses. In September that number will increase even more.

In a few months Iran will have most of its population vaccinated and will be selling vaccines to foreign nations.

In any case what's more important than vaccines right now is encouraging people to wear masks and keep their distance. With these new variants there's no guarantees anymore.

Muharram will be a huge challenge for Iran. The government has to make sure people wear masks and follow protocol. That's the difference between being overwhelmed versus a humanitarian catastrophe like what we saw in India where bodies were being burned on sidewalks.

This was the first time of doing this vaccine in such a large volume. Honestly I expected missed promises.

I have objected wasting time on Remdesivir and Favipiravir from day 1. Unfortunately it was a waste of effort.

Yet guys:
They will be in better shape soon in a few months. Also COVID variants are coming. There will be beyond Delta.

I'm not ranting due to the covid numbers in Iran.
This was a national scale project for Iran, he had to set up in parallel greater production capacity. If he had managed that, he would have been a good pick for VP.
He did not perform outstanding, just normal.
Such a project is complex, but it was clear that current production infrastructure would not be sufficient, and he failed to expand it in time. Thats what makes a good manager.

Raisis VP pick does not look good.

This guy was responsible for the Barekat vaccine which is still not produced in sufficient amounts.

A typical Iranian bureaucrat who failed in such an important project has now become VP. Bad sign for the new government.
No sign of a new revolutionary approach.

000_9KU8P4.jpg

And now after he failed to set up emergency large volume production facilities...

Import of 40 mio doses to make up the mess.

https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/...d-Drug-Administration-Pfizer-Moderna-vaccines

I am quite disappointed about this pick as well when I saw it. Makes me lose a bit of faith.
He is also quite zesht in my opinion haha.

Such national projects are quite well beyond the capacity the country is used too. Major risks if it does not go well, and it clearly did not go well. Proper management would take the lesser risk approach of importing alot of doses while having Barakat project run parallel, allowing it sufficient time to mature.

Once their is confidence in domestic production that can meet demand in a timely manner, their will be little need for imports,

Now we have to accept more failures for the next few years. Someone who failed is now promoted to the highest levels of operations.
Several weeks ago I read that 5 million doses of Barekat are being produced every month with the 2nd production line going into operation.
If such was true, we'd be in a better situation. They are not producing at such numbers. If they did, we'd be in a manageable situation as their will be less patients in hospitals.

Yet guys:

Yes but only ways to reduce chances of variants is high vaccination in population and maintaining social distancing, mask and sanitization regiment.

Whoever that blocked 20 million of vax doses from import must be held accountable. We are in a national emergency.

One of reasons to choose him is because of Rouhani's mess in south (water problem).

Raisi wants all of Iranians feel that they have a person in government.

Last edited:
I am quite disappointed about this pick as well when I saw it. Makes me lose a bit of faith.

Such national projects are quite well beyond the capacity the country is used too. Major risks if it does not go well, and it clearly did not go well. Proper management would take the lesser risk approach of importing alot of doses while having Barakat project run parallel, allowing it sufficient time to mature.

Once their is confidence in domestic production that can meet demand in a timely manner, their will be little need for imports,

Now we have to accept more failures for the next few years. Someone who failed is now promoted to the highest levels of operations.

If such was true, we'd be in a better situation. They are not producing at such numbers. If they did, we'd be in a manageable situation as their will be less patients in hospitals.

Big risks bring big rewards. I believe the process of independence is costly but worthwhile. Yes, I wish too everything were peachy but failures are expected and will be absorbed. Nation rebuilding is no small task.

Last edited:
I'm neither shocked about the 500+ deaths, nor the current wave or the delta variant.
Also not about not importing foreign vaccines.

The Barekat team knew the the vaccine would work more or less in spring.
The necessary facilities for production were also known.
Why no crash program for several factories was started early on?
Barekat is matured now, but it lacks production capacity and current numbers are way off what was promised.
Thats a management failure and the manager was picked as VP of a revolutionary new government.

What do you mean "if such were true" ? Iran just started producing 5 million doses a month and packaging, along with distribution take time. So far 16 million doses have been given out in Iran.

This month 8 million more doses will be administered. In September that number will increase. There are something like 57 million people in Iran who are eligible to receive the vaccine.

This new Indian variant has screwed up the entire world. Iran has ordered 60 million doses from Russia and millions from China but they haven't lived up to their obligations. It's partly because of the new Delta (Indian) variant. Many producer countries are now panicking and hording vaccines rather than selling.

The western nations are hoarding vaccines and they're not even able to supply their close allies with enough vaccines. Do you really believe that they would supply Iran in this situation ? Come on.

You're acting as if vaccine are a silver bullet but they're not. I feel like you're ignoring the facts. Many countries with high vaccination rates still have high death rates currently. 600 dead in the USA, 700 in Russia, 1400 in Indonesia. It's bad everywhere.

The only way with these new variants is with masks and social distancing along with some restrictions.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think many of us have been able to note how much more efficient and effective Sepahis have been when it comes to project management, despite sanctions/embargos. I can't say for sure, but Sepahis seem to have the best project managers in Iran, all their projects are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and the last 6 years we've seen has probably been the fastest pace of development I've seen in Iran. The differences of Iran 2010 to 2020 is not even comparable.

For example the Fateh-313 was only unveiled in 2015!. in 6 years, they are at Haj Qasem! Americans are shocked at the pace and production of the last 6 years. These are not even my words, it's theirs.
In 2010, how many missile bases did Iran have? I guarantee it was very few. Construction of this scale requires project management/speed even superior to western standards!

Not to mention the developments in air defense. I do not know about civilian projects much but it would not surprise me if they built the metro lines in Tehran (which I have been to) which is superior to Canadian and American subway stations. Very impressive things have been done.

Please just take over this government.
Big risk bring big rewards. I believe the process of independence is costly but worthwhile. Yes, I wish too everything were peachy but failures are expected and will be absorbed. Nation rebuilding is no small task.
These are not failures, this is negligence, this is a big difference, and the process of independence would still continue even with initial imports of the vaccines that were rejected to relieve pressure off the hospitals. If you re-read you will see I mentioned Barakat project to work parallel, but Initial vaccines were needed to reduce the damage. The biggest constraint is at production, we are unable to scale properly, and the production quantity is not even remotely close to targets.

Last edited:
There are only a handful of nations producing vaccines. It's not like they're not trying. They are but most of the cases now are due to the Indian (Delta) variant.

I don't think that they could have done much better than they are now. Not by much. Iran wouldn't have been able to acquire much vaccine from the west even if they tried. It would be a drop in the bucket.

Not to mention the fact that western vaccines have to be kept at -25 degrees Celsius. Is that feasible in the summer for a mountainous country like Iran with soaring temperatures ? Does Iran even have the neccessary infrastructure for MRNA vaccines ? I doubt it.

I'm neither shocked about the 500+ deaths, nor the current wave or the delta variant.
Also not about not importing foreign vaccines.

The Barekat team knew the the vaccine would work more or less in spring.
The necessary facilities for production were also known.
Why no crash program for several factories was started early on?
Barekat is matured now, but it lacks production capacity and current numbers are way off what was promised.
Thats a management failure and the manager was picked as VP of a revolutionary new government.

Last edited:
There are only a handful of nations producing vaccines. It's not like they're not trying. They are but most of the cases now are due to the Indian (Delta) variant.

I don't think that they could have done much better than they are now. Not by much. Iran wouldn't have been able to acquire much vaccine from the west even if they tried. It would be a drop in the bucket.

Not to mention the fact that western vaccines have to be kept in -25 degrees. Is that feasible in the summer for a mountainous country like Iran with soaring temperatures ? Does Iran even have the neccessary infrastructure for MRNA vaccines ? I doubt it.

They could definitely do better, and look. What you just said right now basically exclaims that if you cannot produce at sufficient quantities, then why not import vaccines in large quantities early on? Trying is not good enough.

If they knew/suspected they cannot produce or they never planned on creating a comprehensive crash program for production factories to hit their needed targets, then you are doomed to fail. This is a management problem, this is called negligence.

I'm telling you baradar, this kind of failure here would end in your termination of employment, not VP of government

@PeeD I hope you remain safe friend

What do you mean "if such were true" ? Iran just started producing 5 million doses a month and packaging, along with distribution take time. So far 16 million doses have been given out in Iran.

This month 8 million more doses will be administered. In September that number will increase. There are something like 57 million people in Iran who are eligible to receive the vaccine.

This new Indian variant has screwed up the entire world. Iran has ordered 60 million doses from Russia and millions from China but they haven't lived up to their obligations. It's partly because of the new Delta (Indian) variant. Many producer countries are now panicking and hording vaccines rather than selling.

The western nations are hoarding vaccines and they're not even able to supply their close allies with enough vaccines. Do you really believe that they would supply Iran in this situation ? Come on.

You're acting as if vaccine are a silver bullet but they're not. I feel like you're ignoring the facts. Many countries with high vaccination rates still have high death rates currently. 600 dead in the USA, 700 in Russia, 1400 in Indonesia. It's bad everywhere.

The only way with these new variants is with masks and social distancing along with some restrictions.

While we need to heavily enforce and society need to be responsible to follow social distancing, mask (and vax), vaccinations are crucial to bring down severe cases/hospitalization. This disease is new, variations are new and vaccination understanding and immunity duration is unknown:

"The data also appeared to show a waning effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech shot, however, with the vaccine only 16% effective against symptomatic infection for those individuals who had two doses of the shot back in January. But for people that had received two doses by April, the efficacy rate (against symptomatic infection) stood at 79"

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom