What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I'm not an expert however I have read several articles on the matter. Some sources state that the Altay is going to cost more than $13 million USD when all is said and done. The project has seen several delays due to Erdogan switching the company in charge and various technical issues, including most recently issues with the engine.

It seems like they're making some progress now, however at the end of the day, $12+ million USD for one unit, it's simply not worth it. This project reminds me of the Arjun tank made by India. Building a modern battle tank on paper may seem easy and switching parts may seem simple, but what happens when you make the switch and the things are clunky rather than smooth and seamless?

Then it takes alot of time and effort to make things work effectively. Really I think Turkey should have just built its own tank from the ground up, or maybe something based on the Leopard 2 platform. I mean Turkey already has an upgrade program for the Leopard if I'm not mistaken, so it would have made sense. I just don't see the point of paying the full price to purchase the K2 and then trying to change everything on the tank in order to call it Turkish.

Every single thing in your post wrong. I don't know why you are acting like Turkey experts while there are plentiful of Turkish members whom you can simply ask to.....:rolleyes:

Realistically I don't think the Europeans are just going to sit back and allow Turkey to take all of southern Cyprus's natural gas. It takes alot to get the Europeans to actually beat the war drums but once they do, I mean France has aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons and cutting edge technology. If they really want to make a move I just don't see Turkey being able to prevail in the long run. Aside from that it seems that the Europeans are contemplating imposing new sanctions against Turkey.

The Americans are also on the verge of sanctioning Turkey. The US has been negotiating with Turkey regarding the S-400 and they were talking about a deal where the US would buy the S-400 but now it doesn't seem as if that deal will go through. After all it would be quite humiliating for Turkey to give up the S-400 in that manner and furthermore they would need permission from Russia first.

I don't think the Russians would care because at one point they even offered to sell the USA the S-400. The variants that Russia sells to their export clients are in reality inferior to what they themselves possess. The new S-500 is said to be capable of shooting down hypersonic missiles and hit targets in space, just to give you an idea. Anyways, at the end of the day it's about the principal and I don't see that deal for the transfer of the S-400 going through.

Then there's the situation in Libya. So far Turkey has been relatively successful in driving out the LNA from Tripoli and western Libya. However now Egypt is looking to get involved. In my opinion, considering the potential for this conflict to escalate, the best option is for both Libyan factions to come to the table and allow UN recognized elections.

If this escalates, Egypt will surely send in its airforce and military and the entire situation will spiral out of control. The only thing that separates Egypt from Libya is a line in the sand that does not exist. On the other hand Turkey has to go past the entire Mediterranean, so in terms of logistics the Egyptians have an advantage. Not only that but the Egyptian airforce has Rafale fighter jets, thousand of Abrams tanks, missiles, potent air defenses and unlimited funding from UAE/Saudi/etc. If Egypt goes in full force I don't see things turning out favorably for the GNA or Turkey. I would say the best option right now is to negotiate.

Turkish EEZ will be protected regardless of the ruling party. Other candidates saying we don't need to choose sides in civil wars at abroad. International Laws are already on our side, it's Erdogan's fault for not being able to solve disputes via diplomacy.

I'm not an expert however I have read several articles on the matter. Some sources state that the Altay is going to cost more than $13 million USD when all is said and done. The project has seen several delays due to Erdogan switching the company in charge and various technical issues, including most recently issues with the engine.

It seems like they're making some progress now, however at the end of the day, $12+ million USD for one unit, it's simply not worth it. This project reminds me of the Arjun tank made by India. Building a modern battle tank on paper may seem easy and switching parts may seem simple, but what happens when you make the switch and the things are clunky rather than smooth and seamless?

Then it takes alot of time and effort to make things work effectively. Really I think Turkey should have just built its own tank from the ground up, or maybe something based on the Leopard 2 platform. I mean Turkey already has an upgrade program for the Leopard if I'm not mistaken, so it would have made sense. I just don't see the point of paying the full price to purchase the K2 and then trying to change everything on the tank in order to call it Turkish.
Like i said, i don't know what you read but what you are telling to people are just pure fantasy and nothing to do with reality. Repeating the same thing over and over won't make it real.

The rest of the post is Turkey's issues which is not business of others.

We should make a thread about these "accidental" explosions in the US. They seem very accidental.
And let's not forget that Israel had nothing to do with the explosions in Iran. The US was behind them. Israel is just pretending that it played a role in them.

دلار امروز شد 25،300 تومن. واقعاً جای تبریک داره به این مملکت داری. یعنی حقوق متوسط جامعه نزدیک 115 دلار در ماه هست الان
probably BLM protesters.

First of all, just because you don't like the truth or it hurts your feelings, doesn't mean that it's a fantasy. You can't just dismiss whatever you don't like by simply saying that. You can keep repeating this fantasy line all you want but it doesn't change the truth and it doesn't discredit reliable sources.

Here are some sources backing up my claims

https://www.defensenews.com/industr...illion-dollar-altay-tank-program-faces-delay/

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...copter_Held_up_Due_to_Engine_Non_availability

https://www.defensenews.com/industr...m-is-harming-defense-projects-warn-officials/

https://www.armyrecognition.com/may..._main_battle_tank_mbt_about_to_be_solved.html

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/04/turkey-army-will-use-most-expensive-tank.html?emailaddress=shrame@hotmail.com#

Second everyone has the right to discuss any issues, whether they be about Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, USA, or any other country. This is the Iranian Chill thread. That's what this section is for.

If you only want to hear like minded opinions from other Turkish fanboys then why come to the Iranian Chill section ? You are welcome to come here and have sensible discussions with people but don't think you can come here and impose own rigid outlook on others.

Like i said, i don't know what you read but what you are telling to people are just pure fantasy and nothing to do with reality. Repeating the same thing over and over won't make it real.

The rest of the post is Turkey's issues which is not business of others.

Last edited:
علی الظاهر اول دماغش صاف بوده و اچار کشی شده

13990429001079_Test_PhotoN.png

It wouldn't surprise me. They are really pissed and have all the motives to do it. And besides, buying weapons and even explosives in US is like buying candy in Iran
Buying explosives is not like buying candy in the US. The US restricts the purchase of dual use chemicals much better than Iran. Buying weapons is a different matter though.

Meanwhile, nobody would risk his life for that. They will shoot you dead right away if they catch you planting bombs in US military assets. They won't even bother to arrest you. And what happened to USS Bonhomme was no joke done by a bunch of angry protestors.

It wouldn't surprise me. They are really pissed and have all the motives to do it. And besides, buying weapons and even explosives in US is like buying candy in Iran

@BlueInGreen2

The Isfahan fires was reported by Times of Israel and they are basing it on this guys tweet
Many of the incidents on that map never occurred in reality.

Buying explosives is not like buying candy in the US. The US restricts the purchase of dual use chemicals much better than Iran. Buying weapons is a different matter though.

Meanwhile, nobody would risk his life for that. They will shoot you dead right away if they catch you planting bombs in US military assets. They won't even bother to arrest you. And what happened to USS Bonhomme was no joke done by a bunch of angry protestors.

It is very easy to buy it in US if you know a guy. And if you already are into weapons, chances are very high that you do know a guy. But I am with you that most protestors wouldn't risk their lives planting explosives, but BLM protestors are so many and not all of them are peaceful and not all of them are even protesting against equality. If Arabs can get so pissed at the US and brainwashed enough to join IS and blow themselves up just to take down some westerners. I don't see why it should be different for Black Americans. I think its almost impossible to create paramilitary groups in a country like US because the US military would demolish them, but you never know. We might see a small short lived one.

Many of the incidents on that map never occurred in reality.
There are so many incidents that I have lost count.

Last edited:
It is very easy to buy it in US if you know a guy. And if you already are into weapons, chances are very high that you do know a guy. But I am with you that most protestors wouldn't risk their lives planting explosives, but BLM protestors are so many and not all of them are peaceful and not all of them are even protesting against equality. If Arabs can get so pissed at the US and brainwashed enough to join IS and blow themselves up just to take down some westerners. I don't see why it should be different for Black Americans. I think its almost impossible to create paramilitary groups in a country like US because the US military would demolish them, but you never know. We might see a small short lived one.

Are you seriously comparing ISIS with all the military and financial support they receive from regional and global powers with a bunch of angry people mostly aged between 18-30?

There are so many incidents that I have lost count.
And yet, many of those incidents are fake and never happened. And there is not even a photo or a satellite image that proves they ever happened.

Are you seriously comparing ISIS with all the military and financial support they receive from regional and global powers with a bunch of angry people mostly aged between 18-30?
No. My point is there will always be lone actors and opportunists who will take advantage of instability. They have the motives and they have easy access to firepower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

And yet, many of those incidents are fake and never happened. And there is not even a photo or a satellite image that proves they ever happened.
Which are fake?

Back
Top Bottom