What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Turkey is a democratic country, unless you resort to violence there is no limit to express yourself. As a citizen of Iran it might be a hard concept to get it.... :meeting:

only resort to violence..
Turkey : Set Journalism Free

its more looking like only some delusional citizens of turkey consider the reign of sultan erdogan
as having a democratic country.:tup:

its more looking like only some delusional citizens of turkey consider the reign of sultan erdogan

q1qVx.gif

Look i find it quite hilarious how you Iranians always critisize the media freedom in Turkey while we have dosens of popular oppositional media despite the problems contrary to Iran where there is no media outside of state control.
There are less journalists arrested in Iran than in Turkey, same also goes for North Korea because there is noone to arrest, 0+0=0.
Btw, that most of those journalists are from pkk media is also another issue which needs to be considered.
But still the freedom of expression in Turkey is way better than Iran by a long shot can you deny this fact?

What i still dont get is you guys are fast in declaring Turkey a dictatorship (even thought AKP didnt have enough votes to form a goverment in the second last election) while you in Iran can choose only the candidates that your supreme leader allows but keep quiet about the way worse situation in Iran, thats hypocracy in a monumental size, dont throw stones when sitting in a glass house.

Look i find it quite hilarious how you Iranians always critisize the media freedom in Turkey while we have dosens of popular oppositional media despite the problems contrary to Iran where there is no media outside of state control.
There are less journalists arrested in Iran than in Turkey, same also goes for North Korea because there is noone to arrest, 0+0=0.
Btw, that most of those journalists are from pkk media is also another issue which needs to be considered.
But still the freedom of expression in Turkey is way better than Iran by a long shot can you deny this fact?

What i still dont get is you guys are fast in declaring Turkey a dictatorship (even thought AKP didnt have enough votes to form a goverment in the second last election) while you in Iran can choose only the candidates that your supreme leader allows but keep quiet about the way worse situation in Iran, thats hypocracy in a monumental size, dont throw stones when sitting in a glass house.

calm down.. we are not talking about iran, we are talking about turkey.
if you want to talk about iran, there are threads and other discussions in PDF which you can join and express your mind there. but right now its about turkey.
why it is really hard for turkish people and their butt lickers to understand such a simple issue? im wondering why you guys have a great talent of trolling, being clown and spaming?
rarely could see a rational and normal discussion from you guys. most of the time are trolling. Trying to divert the discussion and ...

Old and shabby excuses for those poor journalists. you exactly proved how fascists think . every one who is arrested is related to pkk in your mind. please present the speech to someone who doesnt know your situation.

hypocrites are people who in media and parties in turkey( except akp) blame erdogan and are suppressed by him and police while here try to deny it and support erdogan and its policy. call all of them pkk members!
unlike you i never denied problems in iran and i clearly criticize them. you can check my posts or ask iranians.

and i find it quite hilarious how turks clearly lie such as"
Turkey is a democratic country, unless you resort to violence there is no limit to express yourself" and received a proper answer that shows many journalists who are arrested because of Unimportant or small reasons and expressing themselves in that democratic country!

honestly i have not time to answer to idle trolls who spend all day here in iranian section. the only reason made me to respond your joke was attacking my nationality. please learn it when you have problem with someone dont attack the nationality.

Last edited:
Turkey is a democratic country, unless you resort to violence there is no limit to express yourself. As a citizen of Iran it might be a hard concept to get it.... :meeting:

We have protests in Iran. When protests happen in countries the western media likes, its a show of democracy & free speech. When it happens in Iran, it's the downfall of the country and a proof of how oppressed the people are.

You can defend Turkey without making incorrect assumptions about Iran.

You claim that there is no media outside of state control in Iran. That's true when it comes to TV, but when it comes to newspapers, magazines, online news sources, etc, they are not under state control. Of course, this doesn't mean that the state can't control them (take away their license for example), but I think that's sort of true in most countries.

Regards to comparison of freedom of speech, I think it is very difficult to quantify. For example, I think in certain aspects, you guys might be more free. I bet your country can easily criticize Islam, but we can't. On the other hand, we can (this might surprise it) very freely criticize the President, but your country has less ability. In terms of other politicians, I don't know how it is regarding Turkey, but in Iran it is fair game. However, in our country, the Supreme Leader is a red line. Newspapers won't criticize him.

Some restrictions on freedom of speech I agree with. For example, if any show or comment or article is found offensive by any ethnicity or religion, it is dealt with. I don't care if people criticize us for this, I don't support unrestricted freedom of expression.

In regards to the political structure in Iran, I agree it is unique, but it is not undemocratic. The Supreme Leader is chosen by the Assembly of Experts, who's members are chosen directly by the people. This group has the right to fire the Leader also. Therefore if the people are not happy with the way candidates are filtered, then they can vote for others. By the way, the Leader isn't involved directly with choosing the candidates.

We have protests in Iran. When protests happen in countries the western media likes, its a show of democracy & free speech. When it happens in Iran, it's the downfall of the country and a proof of how oppressed the people are.

You claim that there is no media outside of state control in Iran. That's true when it comes to TV, but when it comes to newspapers, magazines, online news sources, etc, they are not under state control. Of course, this doesn't mean that the state can't control them (take away their license for example), but I think that's sort of true in most countries.

Regards to comparison of freedom of speech, I think it is very difficult to quantify. For example, I think in certain aspects, you guys might be more free. I bet your country can easily criticize Islam, but we can't. On the other hand, we can (this might surprise it) very freely criticize the President, but your country has less ability. In terms of other politicians, I don't know how it is regarding Turkey, but in Iran it is fair game. However, in our country, the Supreme Leader is a red line. Newspapers won't criticize him.

Some restrictions on freedom of speech I agree with. For example, if any show or comment or article is found offensive by any ethnicity or religion, it is dealt with. I don't care if people criticize us for this, I don't support unrestricted freedom of expression.

In regards to the political structure in Iran, I agree it is unique, but it is not undemocratic. The Supreme Leader is chosen by the Assembly of Experts, who's members are chosen directly by the people. This group has the right to fire the Leader also. Therefore if the people are not happy with the way candidates are filtered, then they can vote for others. By the way, the Leader isn't involved directly with choosing the candidates.
I'm really not gonna discus these subjects.

Turks think people are fool [like themselves] and they can fool people easily :lol: :lol:

Turkey is a big prison. It's really bad situation in turkey

Turkish police will treat their citizens like animals if they try to talk against erdogan on internet or they try to use a vpn to launch Twitter. yet turks talk about human rights and freedom in their country :cheesy:

Kurdish musician in Turkey sentenced to 10 years in prison for singing in Kurdish

Turkey arrests student for insulting Erdogan - Al Jazeera English

Freedom of speech and human rights in turkey [especially for kurds] is several times worse than a country like suadia :disagree:

'Human rights in turkey' is the last thing that we can accept in this world...

Turks think people are fool [like themselves] and they can fool people easily :lol: :lol:

Turkey is a big prison. It's really bad situation in turkey

Turkish police will treat their citizens like animals if they try to talk against erdogan on internet or they try to use a vpn to launch Twitter. yet turks talk about human rights and freedom in their country :cheesy:

Kurdish musician in Turkey sentenced to 10 years in prison for singing in Kurdish

Turkey arrests student for insulting Erdogan - Al Jazeera English

Freedom of speech and human rights in turkey [especially for kurds] is several times worse than a country like suadia :disagree:

'Human rights in turkey' is the last thing that we can accept in this world...
@2800 a friendly advice as a fellow Iranian . try not to loose your cool nothing is black or white . Turkey is a lot away from ideal, but they are also certainly a lot away from what you describe.

@2800 a friendly advice as a fellow Iranian . try not to loose your cool nothing is black or white . Turkey is a lot away from ideal, but they are also certainly a lot away from what you describe.
Well I will answer to your comment later. However human rights in turkey is very bad. Without considering thousands links about violation of human rights in turkey I can tell you from experience. Some of my friends have been to turkey recently... human rights is very very bad... It's even worse than Ottoman era... They treat protesters in the worst way of possible.....

Erdogan's hands are polluted with bloods of thousands Syrian, Middle easterns, Kurds and also Turkish citizens.

You are the first Iranian to talk openly about this, first of all thx for that but i have two point that i dont agre with you:
First, you cant tell me the news papers in Iran are free without censorship, thats hard to believe.
And secondly, Iranian political system might be complicated and unique but this doesnt make it democratic at all, in the end its always someone who decides about the candidates be it the Supreme leader or the President, democracy isnt only about the ability to vote but also the be able to candidate for President freely or found parties no matter if the goverment agrees with its goals and much more but lets not go too deep into details.

Back
Top Bottom