What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

You are the first Iranian to talk openly about this, first of all thx for that but i have two point that i dont agre with you:
First, you cant tell me the news papers in Iran are free without censorship, thats hard to believe.
And secondly, Iranian political system might be complicated and unique but this doesnt make it democratic at all, in the end its always someone who decides about the candidates be it the Supreme leader or the President, democracy isnt only about the ability to vote but also the be able to candidate for President freely or found parties no matter if the goverment agrees with its goals and much more but lets not go too deep into details.

1) I didn't say newspapers are 100% free to say whatever they said. I myself mentioned that there are certain restrictions (such as insulting the leader, making racist articles, having anti-islam commentary, etc). But I said we are probably free-er in certain things that people don't guess. One example I gave was criticizing the government & politicians (aside from Khameini or Khomeini). This is done a lot. I think in this we are probably (I'm guessing, I haven't done a media by media comparison) free-er than Turkey, in terms of criticizing the President. However, Turkey is probably more free in certain other aspects.

2) Let me use an example. We don't get to elect our doctors or judges or policeman, right? We don't get to personally vote on each law, right? We also don't get to vote on the decisions the leaders make, correct? Does that mean no country is democratic?

Of course not. Our votes don't directly affect every single decision. Our votes affect the big picture. We vote for a system. Iranians vote for 4 major positions,

1) President
2) Assembly of Experts
3) Parliament
4) City Council

Let's look at the fourth to have a better example. We don't get to directly vote for the Mayor of the city. The City Council chooses the Mayor. Is this undemocratic? No, I don't think so, because I and others choose the people that represent the city council who choose the mayor. If I don't like their choice, I will vote for others in the City Council.

It's the same thing in other aspects of the system.

In Mazandaran (shomal) I could reach 29 Mpbs, however I didn't take screenshot from it.

Btw it seems Shiraz has better internet connection than Tehran.
I took it in the bus: 29.33Mbps. so Mazandaranis are in stone age too! never mess with Shirazis.:D
1y8lqf.jpg

You are the first Iranian to talk openly about this, first of all thx for that but i have two point that i dont agre with you:
First, you cant tell me the news papers in Iran are free without censorship, thats hard to believe.
And secondly, Iranian political system might be complicated and unique but this doesn't make it democratic at all, in the end its always someone who decides about the candidates be it the Supreme leader or the President, democracy isnt only about the ability to vote but also the be able to candidate for President freely or found parties no matter if the government agrees with its goals and much more but lets not go too deep into details.
This shows you don't have a clue about Western democracies too... There are guardian councils in West too where certain type of people only can run for presidency... It is not like that IF somebody is against USA constitution or its VALUES can run for presidency... A person like this is not allowed to go for no voting positions... The same goes in Iran... All candidates must approve the main values and Iranian constitution before being eligible to run for any voting positions...

Iranian democracy is one of the best available, there are some holes need to be fixed though...

Somebody's talking about Freedom of Press and newspapers where his own country is the single biggest jail for media people... Don't you live in Turkey or you don't want to hear these news? The worst country for newspapers and other media is Turkey...

Somebody's talking about Freedom of Press and newspapers where his own country is the single biggest jail for media people... Don't you live in Turkey or you don't want to hear these news? The worst country for newspapers and other media is Turkey...
Thats a huge lie as expected from you.

carte2014_en.png

you are using our enemy propaganda against us ....
You also use the same source when you come up with arguments against Turkey but have your own source when it comes to Iran?
Why such a double standart?

Last edited:
1464548_739.jpg

Tavajoh dashte bashid ke tedade khodro ha dar in moddat dastekam 3 barabar shode

Anyways, I got more freedom than the both of you, sooo... :yu::close_tema:
You have the delusion of freedom... Like when your wallstreet rallies or other every year rallies and protests are responded with cruel force by your authorities :agree:

Btw, it is true for White Americans while you ain't one of them...

Back
Top Bottom