What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I'm sorry, brother, but can you tell me exactly why you think there is a gap? Do you think its just that they have naturally better brains?

I don't know. You brought into the discussion the need for innovation in Iran. Have you thought, maybe it is because of beer? Or is it the wine?

Hard Work. I am sure the Iranian culture is founded upon Japanese style hard work. Or no? really?

You said we need a "cultural shift". Let's see how many microsofts and googles you will make after this "cultural revolution" (by the way, we already had a cultural revolution).

Continue singing the old mantras and cliches, without stopping for a moment to reflect over realities that our universities have failed or that a change of course is necessary. And then go on chastising those who buy a few planes and buy a few engine technologies, by producing ridiculous TV shows telling mardom keh Iran dareh niaze daroyi oropa ro ta'amin mikoneh va chizi namondeh keh Iran beh gholehai elmi jahan bereseh.

All because of hard work (morning at micosoft, and a second job at google in the evening): http://shafaf.ir/fa/news/348158/داشتن-چند-شغل-چه-تاثیری-در-زندگی-خانوادگی-می-گذارد

By the way, I did not know that Gates is actually a scientist or even a researcher. I knew he was a superb coder and an excellent hardworking businessman who could hire talents and make deals in the market, but it is good you taught us all here, he was actually a scientist.

Did you know that Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin because his lab was messy (he just couldn't bring himself to do the extra work cleaning it) and that he had gone on a long, long vacation, leaving a messy lab behind, coming back to an even messier lab?

Did you know that Rosalind Franklin whose work in crystallography caused the discovery of DNA was also a party girl?

I don't know. What I see with my own eyes here and can tell you for real, is discoveries and inventions are happening between fucking and drinking beer on university campuses. More beer though, than fucking. Every day. Without fail.

Badesh ma to 140esh mondim, halam Rouhani va Zarif ro moghaser midonim.

Khoda kheiret bedeh, baba. Grab a cold beer and leave Zarif and Rouhani, do what they can, just like other presidents had done in their time.

And it is not me who discovered the relationship between being happy and progress, by the way. This is what, a great Iranian polymath had said (he had never seen North American university campuses by the way):

می خوردن و شاد بودن آیین منست

فارغ بودن ز کفر و دین دین منست

گفتم به عروس دهر کابین تو چیست

گفتا دل خرم تو کابین منست

Now some try their best to make people's lives miserable, ta keh daramad raantishon kam nasheh. If alive today, Khayam would have been horrified (not at what is happening in North American universities, but at what is happening in Iran).

My 4G in Tehran:

Screenshot_2016-02-04-14-16-05_1.jpg

Average internet speed in the world:

Capture.PNG

Dr. Michael Bailin demonstrates an awake endotracheal intubation at the Massachusetts General Hospital:

Dr. Walter Lewin, MIT professor, loved to take virginity away one class at a time:

دکتراحمدی‌نژاد هم چنین در پاسخ به سوال خبرنگار تسنیم، درباره توصیه‌اش به نامزدها گفت: نامزدی خوب است. نامزدها هم در دوره نامزدی همدیگر را دوست داشته باشند و هم پس از ازدواج همدیگر را دوست داشته باشند. در ادامه خبرنگار می گوید منظورش نامزدهای مجلس است که دکتر احمدی نژاد می گوید در این باره صحبت نمی کند اما متاسفانه این بخش در خبر مذکور درج نمی شود.

Hahaha, this is why I miss the Doctor.

Isn't Turkcell offering 4G in Ankara?
Nay.... :)

In 1 April 2016, all of the companies will change to 4.5 G from 3 G and they have to provide %95 of the population according to agreement....we are waiting for that.

Our wise Sultan was saying "Let's wait a bit more and change into 5 G"...as he is a holy figure and understands from any subject.....:disagree: Glad government didn't listen to him. :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom