What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

No problem. Which ever section you go to, for example here you will see a large button on the right top corner for creating new threads. But I guess new members have to wait for a while before they can create new threads. I do not know the exact number of posts required, but perhaps a few dozens posts. So hurry up and comment on different threads to become able to create threads. :-)
thank you sir!

Saeqeh, F-5 is a trainer/light ground attack anti insurgency aircraft now, not used as a fighter. Even your air force uses F-5 for training.
T38s aren't F5s and they sure as fvck don't make the bulk of TurAF.
F5 is the main bulk of Iranian air farce :lol: see what I did there?

F-14 numbers are ~40 minimum, probably more like 50 total. These will be upgraded to F-14AM standard with better avionics, radar, improved engines and missiles including Fakour missile which can take out your precious B737 from 300 km away.

Any F-16s that the F-14s don't get will be pummelled by S-300. AGM-88B (TuAF version) range is 105 km v 195 km for longest range missile of S-300PMU2. Again, your F-16s with their HARM crap will be shot out of the sky waaaay before they get inside the HARM engagement range.
Yeah, 40 is a very optimistic number and even if so they don't stand a chance

As for S300PMU2...depends.. it would have to stay on high ground to reach it's peak range. And then it would become an open target for SOMs

T38s aren't F5s and they sure as fvck don't make the bulk of TurAF.
F5 is the main bulk of Iranian air farce :lol: see what I did there?

Yeah, 40 is a very optimistic number and even if so they don't stand a chance

As for S300PMU2...depends.. it would have to stay on high ground to reach it's peak range. And then it would become an open target for SOMs
I've just explained to you very clearly using facts how the F-14 and S-300 have a longer range than your SOMs. I've also given you a figure on operational figure on F-14s derived from google earth, past losses, overhauling capabilities etc. etc. The F-14 is superior to the F-16 in BVR combat and the S-300 radars would be linked to the national network and they are mobile so would be placed on high vantage points anyway. They outrange the AGM-88B considerably.

I've just explained to you very clearly using facts how the F-14 and S-300 have a longer range than your SOMs. I've also given you a figure on operational figure on F-14s derived from google earth, past losses, overhauling capabilities etc. etc. The F-14 is superior to the F-16 in BVR combat and the S-300 radars would be linked to the national network and they are mobile so would be placed on high vantage points anyway. They outrange the AGM-88B considerably.
What? No, neither can outrange SOM.. or SLAM-ER for that matter. 500Km ranged variant of SOM is under development not even S400 can counter that. As for F14, they'll be detected by the peace eagle and destroyed with AIM120s and there are very few of them anyways

What? No, neither can outrange SOM.. or SLAM-ER for that matter. 500Km ranged variant of SOM is under development not even S400 can counter that. As for F14, they'll be detected by the peace eagle and destroyed with AIM120s and there are very few of them anyways
SLAM-ER is really slow for a cruise missile (only 0.7 mach) and itself would be taken out by S-300. S-300 was designed partly to take out cruise missiles because American doctrine is based on cruise missiles and the Russians obviously want to counter American doctrine.

I won't mention the 500 km varient because I'm only discussing systems already in service or due to be in service very soon, for both sides.

As I have already said, AWACS B737s don't mean shit if your F-16s are only carrying AIM-120Cs with maximum range of ~100 km versus ~200 km AIM-54 and up to ~300 km range Fakour 90. These are perfect not only for taking out your heavily bomb, cruise missile laden missiles, but also your 3 AWACSs.

Don't underestimate the power of range.

SLAM-ER is really slow for a cruise missile (only 0.7 mach) and itself would be taken out by S-300. S-300 was designed partly to take out cruise missiles because American doctrine is based on cruise missiles and the Russians obviously want to counter American doctrine.

I won't mention the 500 km varient because I'm only discussing systems already in service or due to be in service very soon, for both sides.

As I have already said, AWACS B737s don't mean shit if your F-16s are only carrying AIM-120Cs with maximum range of ~100 km versus ~200 km AIM-54 and up to ~300 km range Fakour 90. These are perfect not only for taking out your heavily bomb, cruise missile laden missiles, but also your 3 AWACSs.

Don't underestimate the power of range.
We don't just have AIM120Cs we have AIM120Ds too... which can lock onto F14 before getting into radar range

F14 had a very good radar for it's time, it was a very good BVR plane but the times have changed
**** yeah B737s matter

We don't just have AIM120Cs we have AIM120Ds too... which can lock onto F14 before getting into radar range

F14 had a very good radar for it's time, it was a very good BVR plane but the times have changed
**** yeah B737s matter

As far as I know the US only has initial operating capacity (ie very limited use) of the 120D, so where's your proof that Turkey has the AIM-120D? Besides standard AIM-54 still has longer range (maximum tested range was 212 km for standard AIM-54 vs ~180 km for AIM-120D) and is faster than the 120D, upgraded F-14 with Fakour 90 has range up to 300 km.

Iran still wins on range...

As far as I know the US only has initial operating capacity (ie very limited use) of the 120D, so where's your proof that Turkey has the AIM-120D? Besides standard AIM-54 still has longer range (maximum tested range was 212 km for standard AIM-54 vs ~180 km for AIM-120D) and is faster than the 120D, upgraded F-14 with Fakour 90 has range up to 300 km.

Iran still wins on range...
It doesn't matter... AN/AWG9 could detect a fucking tupolev at 160kilometers range... at what range do you think it could detect an F16?

@gambit what's the answer bro? can you tell us?

I might be wrong about that AIM-120D thing... I remember we ordered some last year but I looked for a source now and couldn't find.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter... AN/AWG9 could detect a fucking tupolev at 160kilometers range... at what range do you think it could detect an F16?

@gambit what's the answer bro?
What? How can you claim a plane has a shorter range radar than it's missile's range? Did you read what I said earlier?

I know where you got your figure from: wikipedia. And even that says "in excess of" 160 km. You also do know that the same rules apply to both fighters? An F-16s maximum radar range would be against a fvcking tupolev as well!

Most other sources have said it has a range of up to 250 km, and with the upgrades applied to it (not hard at all, just upgrade the key electronics like processors and software) and the range is up to 350 km!

What? How can you claim a plane has a shorter range radar than it's missile's range? Did you read what I said earlier?

I know where you got your figure from: wikipedia. And even that says "in excess of" 160 km.

Most other sources have said it has a range of up to 250 km, and with the upgrades applied to it (not hard at all, just upgrade the key electronics like processors and software) and the range is up to 350 km!
I don't fucking know alright? I hadn't slept in two ffucking days

AIM-120C has a longer range than any radar ever mounted on an F16... it happens
aircraft carry longer range missiles than their radars

F14 really had a powerful radar for it's time, I remember people saying it was like a pocket awacs
but it was designed mostly to bring down soviet bombers I've no fucking clue at what range it could detect an F16

That's why I asked @gambit

Last edited:
I don't fucking know alright? I hadn't slept in two ffucking days

AIM-120C has a longer range than any radar ever mounted on an F16... it happens
aircraft carry longer range missiles than their radars

F14 really had a powerful radar for it's time, I remember people saying it was like a pocket awacs
but it was designed mostly to bring down soviet bombers I've no fucking clue at what range it could detect an F16

That's why I asked @gambit
Lol go to sleep, I never wanted you to lose sleep over our F-14s. :D (I joke)

Actually the F-16D's radar (APG 68) is pretty good, range of up to 300 km and digitized. So the AIM-120 is well within radar range. It's just that the US Navy's upgraded AWG-9 dubbed the APG 71 was bigger and had a longer range of about 350 km. That was 90s so upgraded Iranian AWG-9 should be around the same, if not more, and with better targeting because it's newer technology.

The reason I discount the F-16s range is because it's a light fighter and can't carry useful numbers (if at all, AIM-54 is HUGE) of long range missiles like the F-14 can (up to 6 AIM-54s with 2 sidewinders). There's not really any point in having a long range radar for a fighter jet unless you have the long range missiles to utilise it.

Lastly, the F-16 and F-14 radars use the same pulse doppler radar waves. They really don't really have much difference in terms of size of target identification. The reason they say F-14 is better for long range is simply because the plane has a long range, the radar is big, as are the AIM-54 missiles. This all adds up to a long range system that was designed to counter Soviet bombers carrying long range anti ship missiles but is no less effective against fighter sized targets, as was proved by the massive number of kills against Iraqi fighter jets in the imposed war (1980-1988).

Lol go to sleep, I never wanted you to lose sleep over our F-14s. :D (I joke)

Actually the F-16D's radar (APG 68) is pretty good, range of up to 300 km and digitized. So the AIM-120 is well within radar range. It's just that the US Navy's upgraded AWG-9 dubbed the APG 71 was bigger and had a longer range of about 350 km. That was 90s so upgraded Iranian AWG-9 should be around the same, if not more, and with better targeting because it's newer technology.

The reason I discount the F-16s range is because it's a light fighter and can't carry useful numbers (if at all, AIM-54 is HUGE) of long range missiles like the F-14 can (up to 6 AIM-54s with 2 sidewinders). There's not really any point in having a long range radar for a fighter jet unless you have the long range missiles to utilise it.

Lastly, the F-16 and F-14 radars use the same pulse doppler radar waves. They really don't really have much difference in terms of size of target identification. The reason they say F-14 is better for long range is simply because the plane has a long range, the radar is big, as are the AIM-54 missiles. This all adds up to a long range system that was designed to counter Soviet bombers carrying long range anti ship missiles but is no less effective against fighter sized targets, as was proved by the massive number of kills against Iraqi fighter jets in the imposed war (1980-1988).
as far as I know F16 radars can't really lock onto something at the extent of AMRAAM's range. What it does is it fires and it locks onto target halfway through or somewhere along those lines.

...yeah
my memory was correct.
12404133_10153788059874420_632198343_n.jpg

maximum range doesn't matter

although F14 is much larger than 5m2... it would lock onto it much sooner but as I said it's not that simple.

As for AIM120 Turkey really doesn't need anything more... F35 is coming up in a couple of years and F35 is going to carry a massive number of AIM120s.

still waiting for @gambit to clarify a few things

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom