What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Guys, don't fight each other, July 16th is the only correct answer.
What the first line says, removes possibilities of May, and June.
What the Second line says, removes possibilities of July and August 14th.
What the Third line says, removes possibilities of August 15th and 17th.
Then the answer is July 16th.

@New In general, these type of questions are like IQ tests of the 5th grade(=kososher (sorry for the language)) :lol:

@haman10 ham ke dobaareh raft habs :lol:

I said any answer is bs . It's not important that you knew the day or month of the the birthday is both month and day .

So its natural that neither Albert nor anyone else knew the birthday so it's impossible to reach any answer by these data.
Guys, don't fight each other, July 16th is the only correct answer.
What the first line says, removes possibilities of May, and June.
What the Second line says, removes possibilities of July and August 14th.
What the Third line says, removes possibilities of August 15th and 17th.
Then the answer is July 16th.

@New In general, these type of questions are like IQ tests of the 5th grade(=kososher (sorry for the language)) :lol:

@haman10 ham ke dobaareh raft habs :lol:

Didi ghabol nist

Can you solve the maths question for Singapore schoolkids that went viral?
@haman10, you should be the one to solve it man.

be00992c-012d-4216-9e7a-2751a79c75c4-620x372.jpeg
1 albert in other words : it's not 18 and 19 ==> not may and june
2 bernard in other words : it's not 14 . should be 15 or 16 or 17
3 albert in other words : if it was august i couldn't say i know it .. . then it's july 16

but guys what if they are not honest :D

@New schoolkids ?? it took me 8 mins . i got disappointed:confused: .enlighten us with more bro .

3 albert in other words : if it was august i couldn't say i know it .. . then it's july 16

@New schoolkids ?? it took me 8 mins . i got disappointed:confused: .enlighten us with more bro .
It's aimed for top 40% of 14/15 years old kids

BTW Singapore has the highest average IQ in the world.

Didi ghabol nist

Gerefti ma ra haji kourosh?!!! Haalaa migi didi, engaar soaalesh derive kardan e special relativity va superstring theory boudeh LOL in soal ha zamaan e ma digeh baraaye 5om dabestani ha mansoukh shodeh boud!!!

Can you solve the maths question for Singapore schoolkids that went viral?
@haman10, you should be the one to solve it man.

be00992c-012d-4216-9e7a-2751a79c75c4-620x372.jpeg

Here is my explanation.

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but i know that Bernard does not know too.
Skip this no meaning for now.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is
Bernard has been told day number. If he had been told 19 or 18 he would know immediately. So he hasn't been told 19 or 18.

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but i know that Bernard does not know too.
Again... Albert had been told months.... And he knows Bernard doesn't know because the answer is not may or june.

Bernard: But i know now.
At this point the answer can't be 14 as Bernard couldn't know as there are two months.

Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.
Remaining answers are July 16, August 15, August 17... Albert knows the months so if had been August he wouldn't know as there would be two answers so the answer should be July 16.

Here is my explanation.

Bernard has been told day number. If he had been told 19 or 18 he would know immediately. So he hasn't been told 19 or 18.

Again... Albert had been told months.... And he knows Bernard doesn't know because the answer is not may or june.

At this point the answer can't be 14 as Bernard couldn't know as there are two months.

Remaining answers are July 16, August 15, August 17... Albert knows the months so if had been August he wouldn't know as there would be two answers so the answer should be July 16.
Such a genius..;)

@New In general, these type of questions are like IQ tests of the 5th grade(=kososher (sorry for the language))
You are right bro, but funny it was asked from 14 year old students in Singapour, then i guess, there's no surprise in seeing them topping the world average IQ ranking tables.

Bro, you said it all, and very precise.
Why to be disappointed? First of all, you weren't quite ready and in form to answer a challenging question, and second, clearly there are more than many people on this forum not able to to comprehend the question even in 8 hours.:tup:
So bro, be happy you are not among those pulling down average Iranian IQ, into 84. :lol:

You are right bro, but funny it was asked from 14 year old students in Singapour, then i guess, there's no surprise in seeing them topping the world average IQ ranking tables.

Interesting problem you brought in. But it is not for normal students. It is part of a competitive exam for those being sent on international mathematics olympiad: Cheryl's Birthday: Singapore's maths puzzle baffles world - BBC News

I am sure, Iran also does something like this. After all people like Dr Maryam Mirzakhani shone because of these kind of competitive exams which Iran was conducting (is it still going on?).

Such analytically questions are used in most competitive exams like GRE.

By the way the problem can be also be turned on its head, in epistemological way to show that, it does not have a solution from perspective of us. Much like the famous unexpected hanging paradox: Unexpected hanging paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is my explanation.

Very true, and completely comprehensive and detailed.
Bro that's definitely, the very right answer. :tup:

That was quite a fun story, thanks bro.
Although I can't figure out how can this question be turned on it's head. (Am I missing anything here? cause that seems a quite simple question to judge children's logical capabilities, enlighten us if there is any other perspective to engage the question, bro)
competitive exams like GRE
Oh, GRE, the quant, the vocab, happy old days, I participated in GRE, the last year of BS, Some different plans I had those years. Years are turning to be history in light speed, man.

when the puzzle is solved it would looks easy and anyone would know the answer ,just saying
OK mate, you are a genius, What else should we admit?
BTW, have you ever been to Iran?

OK mate, you are a genius, What else should we admit?
BTW, have you ever been to Iran?

I was born there and left her 16 years ago and never see her again since then .and i don't think will see her again.

Back
Top Bottom