What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

That was quite a fun story, thanks bro.
Although I can't figure out how can this question be turned on it's head. (Am I missing anything here? cause that seems a quite simple question to judge children's logical capabilities, enlighten us if there is any other perspective to engage the question, bro)

Oh, GRE, the quant, the vocab, happy old days, I participated in GRE, the last year of BS, Some different plans I had those years. Years are turning to be history in light speed, man.

It is about how you want to interpret the knowledge, from your perspective. Say, from your perspective, and since you are not direct party to the story and are passively listening to this interaction between these three parties you decide to show up at Cheryl's birthday party along with Albert and Bernard in a surprise. Now you are looking into a "surprise" date into future rather than a date years past. You assume it to be on 16 July. But when you show up on 16 July, you find out, there is no party. You are told that the party is on another date. The reason why this is possible is that you assume Albert and Bernard to have uttered, everything they know about it in exactly the same fashion that you assume to be the correct way of utterance. Such may not be the case. You are depending on your assumptions, rather too much.

In fact, the organizers of the exam had to issue this "explanation" for this very reason: Photos from Singapore and Asian School... - Singapore and Asian School Math Olympiads | Facebook

It is not very much a mathematical explanation though. It is more like setting new rules for solving the problem in order to take away epistemological aspect of it. But the original question could have been phrased in such a way to eliminate this ambiguity for example by using a third person way of narrating the story.

What was your score, in GRE? (I do not want to be too nosy, so you can disregard it if you like).

I really feel for you, but you have already done your PhD so why this depressive attitude. I do not understand. In another sense, maybe your solution is to dilate your neurological timescale. But perhaps you are already doing it, marriage and all.

when the puzzle is solved it would looks easy and anyone would know the answer ,just saying o_O

That is a fact of life dear. There was this genius guy who invented intermittent circuit for car wipers. He had solved a problem that had baffled the car makers for years. He was then screwed by the car makers and in his fight against the big car makers he almost lost everything. You should really watch the movie they made based on his life (Flash of Genius):

It is about how you want to interpret the knowledge, from your perspective. Say, from your perspective, and since you are not part to the story and are passively listening to this interaction between these three parties you decide to show up at Cheryl's birthday party along with Albert and Bernard. Now you are looking into a "surprise" date into future rather than a date years past. You assume it to be on 16 July. But when you show up on 16 July, you find out, there is no party. You are told that the party is on another date. The reason why this is possible is that you assume Albert and Bernard to have uttered, everything they know about it in exactly the same fashion that you assume to be the correct way of utterance. Such may not be the case. You are depending on your assumptions, rather too much.

In fact, the organizers of the exam had to issue this "explanation" for this very reason: Photos from Singapore and Asian School... - Singapore and Asian School Math Olympiads | Facebook

It is not very much a mathematical explanation though. It is more like setting new rules for solving the problem in order to take away epistemological aspect of it. But the original question could have been phrased in such a way to eliminate this ambiguity for example by using a third person way of narrating the story.
Thanks mate, honoring the old saying, there is always another solution to approach any question, it's just the matter of time and endeavor. (Although, should I be super frank, I'll call those lines the exudations of a sick mind :lol:, just kidding dude)
What was your score, in GRE? (I do not want to be too nosy, so you can disregard it if you like).
The quant I got 800, but not sure about the vocab, as it was something around 550, 570. really am not sure)

I really feel for you, but you have already done your PhD so why this depressive attitude. I do not understand. In another sense, maybe your solution is to dilate your neurological timescale. But perhaps you are already doing it, marriage and all.
Sure, it's not a depressive case, but maybe called a regretting one. Missing those happy moments gone, and an unlikely heart desire, to rewrite the mistakes done.
It's nothing about getting a PhD or something like that, it's all about a single shot divine gift called Life.

Hey bro, whats up?
hey brother kollang how are u sry not being here for too long i was busy one of the universities announce the exam time and F.... my plans now im have less than 20 day unil the exam but i have done well i finish Geometry 4 time and 1 time math im now im doing iq+math+Geometry i hop i could finish 1 turn before this 20 day ends ! :D

hey brother kollang how are u sry not being here for too long i was busy one of the universities announce the exam time and F.... my plans now im have less than 20 day unil the exam but i have done well i finish Geometry 4 time and 1 time math im now im doing iq+math+Geometry i hop i could finish 1 turn before this 20 day ends ! :D
I am fine, thanks.that 20 days will last like a couole of hours to you.so keep up the great job and do your best.and let God grant you the result.

I wish you all the best, bro(;

Thanks mate, honoring the old saying, there is always another solution to approach any question, it's just the matter of time and endeavor. (Although, should I be super frank, I'll call those lines the exudations of a sick mind :lol:, just kidding dude)

The quant I got 800, but not sure about the vocab, as it was something around 550, 570. really am not sure)

Sure, it's not a depressive case, but maybe called a regretting one. Missing those happy moments gone, and an unlikely heart desire, to rewrite the mistakes done.
It's nothing about getting a PhD or something like that, it's all about a single shot divine gift called Life.

One thing, I experienced in clinical practice, was that we are all sick one degree to another. What is important is who is holding the cure. :lol:

That is a good score.

I see a midlife crisis there. Well, it is part of normal human journey in this life. You remember, I had told you about the Chimpanzee's reaction to end of life. It is not easy to accept the expectation of being extinguished. Alot of people cope with this by having children whom they see as their own extension in this world.

By on a lighter note, you do not want to dwell on it for long. One of the causes of male impotency and loss of libido comes from complications of this crisis. :P

Now, @haman10 appears to have got another prison sentence for ehanat beh moghadasate PDF. :lol: When he comes back out, you can ask him to do an electroshock therapy on you, in order to make you believe, there is alot of life left in you. Something tells me, he will secretly enjoy and derive personal satisfaction doing this for you. ;)

Divine? Did I hear that right? :tup:

I see a midlife crisis there. Well, it is part of normal human journey in this life. You remember, I had told you about the Chimpanzee's reaction to end of life. It is not easy to accept the expectation of being extinguished. Alot of people cope with this by having children whom they see as their own extension in this world.
Once again the infamous daneshmand, is detouring the discussion into the will of survival theory of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant, the noble theory of a proficient philosopher, that I once again am actively avoiding it's pursue.

Now, @haman10 appears to have got another prison sentence for ehanat beh moghadasate PDF. :lol: When he comes back out, you can ask him to do an electroshock therapy on you, in order to make you believe, there is alot of life left in you. Something tells me, he will secretly enjoy and derive personal satisfaction doing this for you.
Oops, @haman10, the guy who can't help himself not getting banned every five mins. Certainly, he needs an ultra electroshock more than anybody else on this planet. You know, haman shouldn't be banned as he is a constant source of fun and comedy for the people on this very site.
Now, haman, I'm sure you are reading it, but you can't do any sh...t about it. (Honestly, this is the part I'm enjoying the most at this moment :lol:)

Once again the infamous daneshmand, is detouring the discussion into the will of survival theory of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant, the noble theory of a proficient philosopher, that I once again am actively avoiding it's pursue.

Oops, @haman10, the guy who can't help himself not getting banned every five mins. Certainly, he needs an ultra electroshock more than anybody else on this planet. You know, haman shouldn't be banned as he is a constant source of fun and comedy for the people on this very site.
Now, haman, I'm sure you are reading it, but you can't do any sh...t about it. (Honestly, this is the part I'm enjoying the most at this moment :lol:)

Oh, no dear. I can assure you that this midlife crisis is quite real. Will happen to almost everyone in one way or another. Like teenage stage. This is part of life.

Haman is a great friendly guy and a colleague. His posts are informative and in defense of Iran. Though lately, he has been losing his diplomatic skills. Happens to all of us. I guess, a girl can teach him alot and pacify his energy abit :D.

You yourself, seem to be getting better ;) so why not haman?

Back
Top Bottom