What's new

Iranian Army to Unveil Optimized Zolfaqar Tank Soon

I used to be a member of that joke site, Full of backward imbecile related almost every single thing with zionists or USA one way or another, Its more of a politcial trolling site then actual military related.

Thats exactly the reason why I don't bother to join that forum. The most backward opinions are posted on that website. You have a couple of intelligent members, but the majority are ignorant as hell.

Saddam had the best tank divisions in middle east before the war with US. He lost them in a week against a huge US fire power. It is good to learn from history. It is not WWII anymore. In case they mass produce tanks, they better hide it in the mountains.

Iraqi tanks VS A-10s is no match, but that still doesn't justify how an Army shouldn't have tanks, every adversary is not the US after all. If MBTs are irrelevant, than why the US is building A3, Why Germans are building Leopard2A7+, Why the British are building the Chellanger2?

@Abii @Surenas :i guess you can discuss in a better way guys.whats wrong with devoloping the project.have you seen z-1 tank?it was worse than italian tanks at ww2.z-2 became better.z-3 was in a good shape and now they finally have devoloped the mass-produce version of it(z-4).
now its equiped withmodern systems and remote guns.

plus.purdastan admited that Iran has some t-90s in service.he said z-4 is ahead of t-90 in all fields.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iraqi tanks VS A-10s is no match, but that still justify how an Army shouldn't have tanks, every adversary is not the US after all. If MBTs are irrelevant, than why the US is building A3, Why Germans are building Leopard2A7+, Why the British are building the Chellanger2?
Iraqi tanks were not hit by A-10. They barely faced US tanks except a few situations. They were hit by missiles and fighters.
Of course it is OK for them to have tanks for small rebels or maybe if they go to war with another country.

@Abii @Surenas :i guess you can discuss in a better way guys.whats wrong with devoloping the project.have you seen z-1 tank?it was worse than italian tanks at ww2.z-2 became better.z-3 was in a good shape and now they finally have devoloped the mass-produce version of it(z-4).

plus.purdastan admited that Iran has some t-90s in service.he said z-4 is ahead of t-90 in all fields.

I'm not against Iran making its own quality tank; I would love to see one emerging, but you have to agree that Zulfiqar-3 project has been disappointed so far.

Iraqi tanks were not hit by A-10. They barely faced US tanks except a few situations. They were hit by missiles and fighters.

Last time i checked, A-10 DID carry missiles, AT.Rockets & a badass 30MM cannon with API rounds.

Of course it is OK for them to have tanks for small rebels or maybe if they go to war with another country.

If, you had made your original statement, logical you wouldn't have to backtrack from it. Tank, warfare will remain a critical component of warfare, Pakistan fields around 3500 MBTs vs India's 4200.

Adios

I'm not against Iran making its own quality tank; I would love to see one emerging, but you have to agree that Zulfiqar-3 project has been disappointed so far.

i meant you have to discuss with certain facts.why the project has been disappointed?
you know sth about projects in Iran?they all wants to keep us confused while on reality the ongoing projects are passing the normal ways.

making a good MBT is not a easy job.specialy for a sanctioned and isolated country like Iran.they had to build all the parts themselves.by this achievment ,hopefully Iranian armies capabilities will reach a good level for dealing with our tiny (and semi tiny) neighbores.

سورنا تورو خدا به تركا محل نزار از اينا پست فطرت تر نيست

Yes, they were. Conservative estimate to be about 900 Iraqi tanks destroyed by A-10s.

Why does Iran need tanks?
Tank is for a country who wants to make his infantry safe; Like Turkey against PKK. Each tank costs about 5 mil. Pretty expensive. ATGMs are making fast progress and that means even more expensive armaments. A 5 mil tank blows up by a cheap Kornet E. Cheap tanks are fine for Iran; just for use against small rebels. Tanks have no chance against US carpet bombing, if that happens. They are expensive targets. Tank is a contradiction to Iranian asymmetric defense. You need more small subs, ATGMs, drones, fast boats with missiles, small frigates with missiles, ....
It is not bad to continue RD but mass producing is not worth it.

Any way, it is up to your generals after all.

great post

Alan ye dahast ke in tanko mindazan poshte ye trailer migan inam tank. Ya ahmaghan hamashoon ya fekr mikonan ma ahmaghim. Age in proje vagheiye ke mese adam 2 metr aghab jelosh konin (99% chakhane), ageham taghalobie (ke meseinke ham hast) dige in zaye baziya vase chie!
In IR vaghean mojode ajibiye

Alan ye dahast ke in tanko mindazan poshte ye trailer migan inam tank. Ya ahmaghan hamashoon ya fekr mikonan ma ahmaghim. Age in proje vagheiye ke mese adam 2 metr aghab jelosh konin (99% chakhane), ageham taghalobie (ke meseinke ham hast) dige in zaye baziya vase chie!
In IR vaghean mojode ajibiye
duste gole man....una faghat maket budan va neshan dahandeye ravande pishrafte proje.f-35 ye shabe parvaz kard?ya una ham 10 sal faghat wallpaper o mock up janganda ro be namayesh mizashtan......
be har hall hichvaght nagoftan ma z-3 e amaliyati sakhtimo o in harfa ta alan faghat ye proje bude vali az alan be baad mishe ye mahsule amaliyati.hamino bas.jaye negh zadan nadare ke.
darzemn harfe torkaye hamsaye(jesarat be aghaye irtab nashe) ro tekrar nakon.to hameye reje ha tank ro ro kamiyun namayesh midadan.che z-3 bashe che t-34.
hale mituni 3 hafte sabr koni yo negh nazani ta in tanke lanati ro bebinim?

Why does Iran need tanks?
Tank is for a country who wants to make his infantry safe; Like Turkey against PKK. Each tank costs about 5 mil. Pretty expensive. ATGMs are making fast progress and that means even more expensive armaments. A 5 mil tank blows up by a cheap Kornet E. Cheap tanks are fine for Iran; just for use against small rebels. Tanks have no chance against US carpet bombing, if that happens. They are expensive targets. Tank is a contradiction to Iranian asymmetric defense. You need more small subs, ATGMs, drones, fast boats with missiles, small frigates with missiles, ....
It is not bad to continue RD but mass producing is not worth it.

Any way, it is up to your generals after all.

Think war like a chess. This game is played with the all stones taking place on table. There are some classifications among the stones regarding their capabilities but After all, You will certainly need all of them. The most important thing on table is coordination and planning. The strongest stones on chess table will certainly help you to suppress your rival as long as you protect them but If you can't, Even a pion can beat king and may lead anyone to get the winner.

so As long as you can't protect huge tank fleet, The enemy war machines designed to hunt the armoured units (Even If They are classified as pion like systems), will sooner or later will perform their best. It is same for every other high-tech systems despite they have their own protection.

so Turkish armoured concept Protection/attacking like systems on battlefield will help you to see the bigger image. To peform the best firepower under the protection,

Pay attention to weights !!!

60-65 Tonnes Altay MBT front line
30-35 Tonnes IFV
15-18 tonnes IFV, GZPT, ZPT

Self Defence System for each unit on battlefield against likely missile attack
-AKKOR Active protection system

External Protection for Armoured Units
-Self Propelled Twin Barrel Anti-AirCraft Gun system
-Otonom Low Altitude Air Defence Missile System
-Aselsan Atilgan-Zipkin VSHORAD missile systems

External Attacking System which help Armoured units to surrpass the enemy.
-T-129 Atak A, B1, B2
-Air to Ground AT missiles
-Air to Ground Anti-personnel/armour missiles
-20mm three-barrel gatling guns

And All network connected battalions working under same Command-Control Information Systems...

An old video prepared to introduce Network Centric Air Defence Missiles and Anti-AirCraft Gun programs and their importance in battlefield to protect armoured units.

to all:Turkey the super power makes tank.
@cabatli_53:you got my attention now go away plz.

when we are talking about Iranian foods a turk comes and says the food name is a turkish words.
when the discussion is about z-4 tank they bring up altay tank on discussion.
cabatli, the discussion is about Z-4 MBT.you can give us your idea about it.

my request to dear memners:for god's sake spend some minutes in turkish section too.we need your attention at turks!

to all:Turkey the super power makes tank.
@cabatli_53:you got my attention now go away plz.

Noone tells How great or How effective Turkish defence programs in an Iranian tank related thread. If you can't stand to see the Turkish flag or Turk's statements in Iranian section, It is your problem I don't care. The subject is about importance of Tanks in Iranian war concept and Everybody expresses their views. I also emphasized the protection side of the subject with a video. If It was about getting your attention, I would have prefered not to type anything Thanks you but In an respected Forum like PDF, I never ask anybody What I will type in parralel with the actual subject...

so Keep your fantasies yourself my friend...

Back
Top Bottom