What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt!! If ONLY life was this easier to take out -35!! This tells me that Israel is wanting to attack and Iran's telling them that they know about it and Israel might lose some jets. Lastly, the modern world's over from X band based technologies a long time ago. X and Ku bands are easy to jam as they've widely used in the older Russian junk ( I mean Russian tech).

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt!! If ONLY life was this easier to take out -35!! This tells me that Israel is wanting to attack and Iran's telling them that they know about it and Israel might lose some jets. Lastly, the modern world's over from X band based technologies a long time ago. X and Ku bands are easy to jam as they've widely used in the older Russian junk ( I mean Russian tech).

Clearly you don’t know how radar or jamming works on different radar bands/frequencies. Radar bands aren’t Jammable or not based on how “old” it is.

“Might lose some jets”

Yes nothing like losing a $80M jet to drop a couple 250lb bomb on an reinforced concrete underground nuclear facility that.....isn’t even where Iran is developing a nuclear weapon.

Seems like a complete waste of time. Might as well just fire conventional tipped Jericho’s missiles at Iran, would do about the same damage and you wouldn’t lose any planes.

s300 VM like, they have a similar mast. may be b373 ABM version or extended b373

i hope Arman will be something based on a round tube launcher, cold launch, and zolzannah 10x10 heavy truck.

It now makes sense why Iran kept rejecting the S-300 VM or Antey-2500 Russia kept pitching to Iran to accept as replacement for S-300 contract.....because Iran could already build a similar system.

1631961605279.png

Skyguard, nothing important

+ Afghanistan has no gifts that Iran could use or learn from

I think the engines used in Humvees and overall design would be useful for improvements to their armoured transport carriers.

I am not sure if Afghanistan had any Abrams tanks. Or else the engine could be valuable for the Karrar project and even the cannon.

Again these are more “bonuses” rather than something the Iranian military complex is actively seeking (like warship design blueprints, jet engine blueprints and tech, etc).

Blackhawk is still to costly for Iran to reverse engineer. Iran’s experience in helicopter engine development is lackluster. Not that helicopters are a major need right now.

I think the engines used in Humvees and overall design would be useful for improvements to their armoured transport carriers.

Aras jeep is better than Humvee in many respects. Humvee is not even superior in suspension. Just somewhat bigger/carry more.
Its engine reduces the range and needs more fuel. So Iran sticks with the Nissan derived Chinese diesel.
Basically nothing a Humvee can give here.

I am not sure if Afghanistan had any Abrams tanks. Or else the engine could be valuable for the Karrar project and even the cannon.

Iraq has Abrams, Afghanistan not. Again Iran would never opt for reverse engineering the turbine engine of the Abrams. Too expensive, too large, too fuel thirsty=lowered range=more fuel supply.

Blackhawks would be the only interesting thing and even there: Too expensive design and too difficult to copy.

Back
Top Bottom