What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Well iran could be more interest in seondary equipment as eletro optics,lasers,IR...night vision devices...different sensors from Blak Hawk and maybe newer C-130...there are also super tucanos and Iran ould be intersted for these...So nothing like game changer teh but still may be usefull in some wa,even Iran probably already has most of US ground troops equipment and weapons from Yemen,Iraq...but again there are some secondary staff it can be useful to speed up domestic developments...I suppose there are no many left advanced thermal imaging devices,high def. cameras,newer generation EO,IR,laser devices and staff like that...these are already available to Iran but US has some damn good new generation long range surveilance devices,thermal imaging devices that is not easily to develop...also it is not so much about high tech weapons and equipment even they left some of those too probably..it is about amount of weapons delivered...you can build 3 armies from that amount....most NATO members dont have even close...

Iran/Azerbaijan Transfer of the 3rd Khordad/RAAD/Tabas system to the northwestern borders of the country to create a defense tour

1632953858846.png

Iran/Azerbaijan Transfer of the 3rd Khordad/RAAD/Tabas system to the northwestern borders of the country to create a defense tour

View attachment 780967
something that was missing , but we need more system in class of Mersad-16 there to provide adequate protection for the forces against drone . ideally the airdefence there must be consisted of at least two battalion of 3rd of Khordad or the 15th of khordad to protect against enemy airforce and alot more of Mersad-16 for protection against larger drones and then implemented with system like Saa'er

something that was missing , but we need more system in class of Mersad-16 there to provide adequate protection for the forces against drone . ideally the airdefence there must be consisted of at least two battalion of 3rd of Khordad or the 15th of khordad to protect against enemy airforce and alot more of Mersad-16 for protection against larger drones and then implemented with system like Saa'er
well we know that this khordad was a Tell which only means it part of a battery and they moved Saeer short range systems there too for point defense its only logical to think other systems are there too

not Iranian but, new North Korean Surface to Air missile, 2 stage
We saw some similar, iranian prototype model, I think it was much smaller, Tor missile sized
The NK one looks a bit like David Slings missile...

FAkw38aXEAkfhzA

rodong-oct1-anti-aircraft-missile-surface-to-air-sam-test.png

The issue with all these NK “achievements” is they don’t have enough funds to build MOST of the projects they unveil. They simply are too poor a country even when the communist state/military hoards 99% of the resources.

At the end of the day unless China subsidies most of the raw materials and components/subsystems most of these systems will never be mass produced and at best you get a few of them.

So what they should do is sell these technology to countries like Pakistan/Iran/Iraq/etc and pocket the money on these ToT or license deals to further develop their domestic industry.

shams, its S-300 PMU2 high altitude engagement simulator

View attachment 781558
might it be something related to S-200?!
even the hormoz radar seems to be hawk's AN/MPQ-61 acquisition radar.

S-300 PMU3 = S-300 I.R

S-300 I.R = S-300 PMU2+
S-300 PMU3 = S-400

Radar "Hormuz"

The new medium-range radar system, dubbed “Hormuz,” was designed to detect and identify airborne targets with speed and accuracy. The radar can relay information to the air defense missile fire control center. The radar is also efficient and easy to maintain. Its technical specifications were not revealed.

FAsR1nkXIAE42I4

Last edited:
shams, its S-300 PMU2 high altitude engagement simulator

View attachment 781558

Seems kind of expensive to build a simulator for something you don’t have a lot of (Iran’s S-300 order was rather small).

Unless Iran plans on buying S-500 in future to complement its S-300 system and Bavar/Arman systems. Then it makes sense.

Seems kind of expensive to build a simulator for something you don’t have a lot of (Iran’s S-300 order was rather small).

Unless Iran plans on buying S-500 in future to complement its S-300 system and Bavar/Arman systems. Then it makes sense.
Since this is the domain that I worked many years on I provide some info. Considering that 80% of any Static based simulator is the software then all they have to change are the algorithms for the intercepting missile flight dynamics and the physical control panels...The rest (Synthetic scenario and environment and target profiles) will remain intact for use by any other AD system simulator...Now if you simulate the Radar detection profiles of that AD system then things become much more expensive but for that you need a lot of radar data..
In some cases they actually remove the radar antenna (they use an actual working radar) and feed the target(s) data that is generated synthetically by an equipment to the actual radar to see if detections occurs. That way you can easily decide how many targets you want to feed and what the targets are doing and observe the behaviour of the the actual radar (detection probability)...The equipment that generates those targets are called STImulators.

I have to wonder if the title of the system,ie "High altitude engagement simulator",is an obvious clue,in other words a simulator optimized for ABM [high altitude] engagements....
14841787_906.jpg

14841776_332.jpg

14841782_407.jpg

14841780_763.jpg

14841772_722.jpg

14841788_476.jpg

It certainly looks like an accurate representation of the system,and interestingly to put it in perspective,heres the s300 simulator,the ALTEK 300,that the russians were using up until fairly recently
48HBiwPyNMi8cqSa2rkFb9Mw1L3q8dBt3qGbZqbRi9PCeb-QbAEcU9btzhtTRL6oNYaLXt3jNj809vohGI7vrJUMClkgE_wU3xeQn-y8hNnJEwqsuQMkB6wC7oEPRXPrhAyOLw

vpA387TnaG30XLDxJwbH-uGyvjgS1uEvA5G-WYsPSl1PBDYytOXsP30vGRCUCGFauk6JixAJwyWTKzfOl7P5oVkM2ZzM2Kr-JKGK42ZbDaZoetm79wbXCSTlKN4G8qu676RzGQ

img-yMwHxW.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom