What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

One year after the unveiling. My estimation is that they have 2 complete batteries by now. Production rate could rise to 4 batteries per year with 20 batteries in 5-6 years.
i remember someone in twitter mentioning a couple month ago that there where only 2 batteries produced, one for semnan test range and one for the ministry to test things. though i can not remember the source now.

i remember someone in twitter mentioning a couple month ago that there where only 2 batteries produced, one for semnan test range and one for the ministry to test things. though i can not remember the source now.

With the news that one system is operational (idk if its a full battery or not) we can only hope Iran is full on producing the BAVAR-373 as this system is sorely needed in plugging up the holes over Iranian air-space.

My guess is that the system that just went operational is protecting some critical nuclear site.

asd.png

S-200 upgrade

s21.png

Arash antenna (radar)

at1.png

at2.png
at3.png

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
One year after the unveiling. My estimation is that they have 2 complete batteries by now. Production rate could rise to 4 batteries per year with 20 batteries in 5-6 years.

More than 2 batteries are in service

Breaking news : Iran will soon unveil a new air defense system more advance then Bavar - 373

1599475900684.png

فرمانده منطقه پدافند هوایی شمال‌غرب: سامانه موشکی برد بلند باور۳۷۳ ‌در مدار عملیاتی قرار گرفت / سامانه‌های انهد‌امی پیشرفته‌تر ‌رونمایی خواهد شد‌

Last edited:
Breaking news : Iran will soon unveil a new air defense system more advance then Bavar - 373

View attachment 667562

فرمانده منطقه پدافند هوایی شمال‌غرب: سامانه موشکی برد بلند باور۳۷۳ ‌در مدار عملیاتی قرار گرفت / سامانه‌های انهد‌امی پیشرفته‌تر ‌رونمایی خواهد شد‌

@yavar @SOHEIL :yahoo:

Interesting development, the Americans used a Howitzer hypersonic shell to shoot down a cruise missile.

‘Sci-Fi Awesome’—A U.S. Army Howitzer Just Shot Down A Cruise Missile

I think such technologies can play an important role in dealing with "swarm" attacks. It's certainly an area I hope Iran will pursue as well, especially given the dual use nature of Howitzers.

Interesting development, the Americans used a Howitzer hypersonic shell to shoot down a cruise missile.

I think such technologies can play an important role in dealing with "swarm" attacks. It's certainly an area I hope Iran will pursue as well, especially given the dual use nature of Howitzers.
i was saying this here for a while, hyper sonic projectiles fired from ground vehicles can turn the equations for us both in region and against US. a projectile traveling in ~8 mach can penetrate any tank armor and can be used as air defense and even ABM system.

Leave it to the Americans to find an even more expensive way to destroy a subsonic slow moving target.

Stupid for Iran to adopt.

i was saying this here for a while, hyper sonic projectiles fired from ground vehicles can turn the equations for us both in region and against US. a projectile traveling in ~8 mach can penetrate any tank armor and can be used as air defense and even ABM system.

It cant be used as an ABM or against manuervable target because it lacks ability to pull Gs and re adjust to counter measures.

Hypersonic projectiles are good against static targets or slow moving targets. It would make a good addition as a naval weapon to replace those aging cannons Iran uses on It’s ships.

The yank have also been pretening that their Patriot missiles really work..... unless its used against a real war, as seen in Saudi oil fields.

Anything the yanks say should be doubted, unless proven otherwise.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom