What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

first i thought it's Iranian copy of Swedish RBS-70 (as the laser receiver is quite similar) but:
ELDEMg8XsAco8vH

well a kornet length is 1.2 meters, RBS-70 length is 1.3 meters so if this image:
EP8OVz1XsAUMh2U

credible then this is really a monstrous missile (consider that RBS range is 8 km!!!) for a MANPAD.

RBS-70 missile:
RBS-70.jpg

first i thought it's Iranian copy of Swedish RBS-70 (as the laser receiver is quite similar) but:
ELDEMg8XsAco8vH

well a kornet length is 1.2 meters, RBS-70 length is 1.3 meters so if this image:
EP8OVz1XsAUMh2U

credible then this is really a monstrous missile (consider that RBS range is 8 km!!!) for a MANPAD.

RBS-70 missile:
RBS-70.jpg
Yes,thats what I was thinking too,but this thing is quite a bit longer than an rbs70,it might be around 2.5m in total length.What it reminds me of is the dual use ADATS system from the 1980s,this was a dual purpose atgm/sam that used laser beam riding and was a similar size to this,perhaps a little shorter in length,the one big difference is that adats was vehicle mounted with canisterized rounds while this is designed for portability.Its a shame we didnt get to see the launcher tho.Whats really surprising is that you would`ve expected that something like this would`ve been unveiled in its complete form by the iranian military ages ago.
In addition what are those things on the right hand side of the pic?,are these small caliber 70-80mm rockets that`ve been retrofitted with precision guidance?,or are they stretched manpad missiles?
Hopefully we`ll get some answers at some point.

After Iran's attack on US air base in Iraq the western media is surprising silent about US air defenses. Some sources claim there were no US air defenses in Iraq. I still cannot come to terms with this claim that US of all operated air base with 1000s of soldiers without air defenses.

Was there US air defenses? Did they attempt any interception and failed? Can any one here help?

After Iran's attack on US air base in Iraq the western media is surprising silent about US air defenses. Some sources claim there were no US air defenses in Iraq. I still cannot come to terms with this claim that US of all operated air base with 1000s of soldiers without air defenses.

Was there US air defenses? Did they attempt any interception and failed? Can any one here help?
They had patriot air defences batalions near aramco facilities in saudi arabia and due to the malfunction they had execuses ;the radars were not toward Iran's teritories and they missed all the missiles and drones....now they have new excuses.....use your commone sense.....do american leave their most important air base in the region defenceless(which is host of their president and foreign minister)

Yes,thats what I was thinking too,but this thing is quite a bit longer than an rbs70,it might be around 2.5m in total length.What it reminds me of is the dual use ADATS system from the 1980s,this was a dual purpose atgm/sam that used laser beam riding and was a similar size to this,perhaps a little shorter in length,the one big difference is that adats was vehicle mounted with canisterized rounds while this is designed for portability.Its a shame we didnt get to see the launcher tho.Whats really surprising is that you would`ve expected that something like this would`ve been unveiled in its complete form by the iranian military ages ago.
In addition what are those things on the right hand side of the pic?,are these small caliber 70-80mm rockets that`ve been retrofitted with precision guidance?,or are they stretched manpad missiles?
Hopefully we`ll get some answers at some point.
i think they are MANPADs.
Iranian_Shoulder-launched_weapon_systems_Misagh-3_by_tasnimnews.jpg

They had patriot air defences batalions near aramco facilities in saudi arabia and due to the malfunction they had execuses ;the radars were not toward Iran's teritories and they missed all the missiles and drones....now they have new excuses.....use your commone sense.....do american leave their most important air base in the region defenceless(which is host of their president and foreign minister)

Could it be that they knew their air defenses will fail so, they decided not to try interception at all in order not to expose their failure?

Could it be that they knew their air defenses will fail so, they decided not to try interception at all in order not to expose their failure?
the day;sardar hajizade was anouncing the ain-ul-assad's operation,he mentioned that IRGC has hacked all 8 drones had been flying over the base......nobody mentioned this claim even in this forum.....some days later after US soldiers press interview;one of the soldiers said that as the data link cables has burnt we lost our control on the drones for a while.....how do you come to a conclusion!.......how has a cable been burnt,but they lost control just for a while.....
i personnaly think
they underestimate their enemies capabalities(not only IRAN....but Russia and China)or maybe wanna paint a weak picture of them......
so what about the patriot story!
first thing first they denied the effectiveness of IRAN's attack,then they said there was not any casulties and at the end they forget their president tweet(he wanted to retaliate any action of IRAN which put their properties or soldiers in danger and didn't do anything)
....now american came with new story to deny effectivness of IRAN's action.....there were no installed patriot to neutral the threats....so what IRAN has done is worthless.......

This article is interesting:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ng-us-troops-in-iraq-and-why-they-still-arent

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom