What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

If we had to compare, I would say Iran is higher end of s-300 technology and very close to s-400. Iranians are already top hackers, we don't need others. If Chinese do have the stolen information, we could buy/trade them.
With regards to these hyper sonic systems, the other issue is not just they are very fast but also that they will be coming in swarms. There many different types of them too i.e unmanned UCAV, glide weapons and cruise missile version.

An AA gun could work. I think a good defence against them will be ground based, electromagnetic AA guns that can fire bullets at hyper sonic speed to high altitudes. Americans have such things on their ships, we need them on ground. Obviously other defence is offence, i.e having our own hyper sonic weapons to strike with.

Like I said, these hyper-sonic systems are the future, Iran needs to start giving some serious attention to them.

@VEVAK @PeeD what do you think?

Hypersonic weapons would be too expensive for SAM's or for offensive weapons for the immediate future but will be needed within the next 20-30 years But for now we should stick to R&D because we will need it in the future!

If Iran had the guts to deploy them I would personally prefer orbital sat capable of deploying multiple highly accurate kinetic projectiles over a high cost scramjet platform

For Iran the top priority for now needs to be offensive missile MASS production from cruise to ballistic of all shapes and sizes, after that Air Defense equipment from advanced AAA systems to SAM to interceptors then mass production of UCAV's with various types of munitions and then heavy strike Aircraft
Also computers, electronics, optics & sensors from producing our own high end processor to advanced batteries to more advanced imaging software and hardware from thermal to standard optics in terms of radars Iran needs to develop more high end radars and mass produce doppler SAR radars in high numbers so they become cheaper, we also need more advanced and more capable BLDC motors to more secure and more advanced coms & jamming equipment.... (Computers, electronics and sensors effect a wide array of weapons systems so we need a good size budget for them)

Iran should also produce a very large fleet of semi autonomous quadcopters that can be armed with guns or rockets or missiles or be used to deploy large number of mines at sea or on the ground.... And a large fleet of armed UGV's of all sizes

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/891987/آغاز-تحقیقات-برای-ساخت-سامانه-موشکی-پانتسیر-ایرانی
Bavar 373 tested on Ballistic missile and Iran have plan to build indigenous pantsir

for short range low altitude
Good system against Cruise and Drones

Can't these fools stop calling bavar "homegrown s-300"? It has nothing to do with s-300.

Also, have they said they are going to make a pantsir like system or are copying the pantsir? I've read multiple sources and each seems to write something different.

Last edited:
Intresting, what about the south and the West? Iran needs coverage in those areas.

Also it needs to increase the range of their OTH radars.

If they do not have radars in other areas, then they will cover it with Sephar Radar that has a 3000-km-range

Can't these fools stop calling bavar "homegrown s-300"? It has nothing to do with s-300.

Also, have they said they are going to make a pantsir like system or are copying the pantsir? I've read multiple sources and each seems to write something different.
Its a pantsir like system not a direct copy of it.We`ve seen a picture of a wind tunnel model of the probable sam already.
proxy.php

We can see that the model on the far right of the picture is a 2 stage sam that looks quite a bit like the pantsir sam.

Its a pantsir like system not a direct copy of it.We`ve seen a picture of a wind tunnel model of the probable sam already.
proxy.php

We can see that the model on the far right of the picture is a 2 stage sam that looks quite a bit like the pantsir sam.

The media made it seem like Iran is copying the pantsir. These piece of sh.. media outlets are the cause of most problems we've had regarding Iranian military news.

As for the pic you posted, it seems slowly everything there is coming to fruition which makes me think if that fighter jet is also something they're making.

they didn't ask about one very important threat that we face in future and that's hyper-sonic weapons.

Yes. Hypersonic Weapons are the main thread in near future. Due to their speed and non ballistic incoming normal AD with missiles will have a lot of difficulties to take them on. So only option is to produce LASER weapons which can bring magawatts energie on the point in very short time. This weapons already exists, also they can already be integrated in a AD theater. But range and power arent enough at the moment. Best i heard is 100 KW over a distance of 4 Km. So this weapons work for CRAM. But needed is 1000+ KW over distance of 50+ Km. But the progress of these weapons is rapidly and sure we will see distance of 20+ Km within the next 5-8 years.

Yes. Hypersonic Weapons are the main thread in near future. Due to their speed and non ballistic incoming normal AD with missiles will have a lot of difficulties to take them on. So only option is to produce LASER weapons which can bring magawatts energie on the point in very short time. This weapons already exists, also they can already be integrated in a AD theater. But range and power arent enough at the moment. Best i heard is 100 KW over a distance of 4 Km. So this weapons work for CRAM. But needed is 1000+ KW over distance of 50+ Km. But the progress of these weapons is rapidly and sure we will see distance of 20+ Km within the next 5-8 years.
laser weaponry have a very concerning short coming , they loose power over distance (they loss would be worse in Iran environment with its high 2.5-10micron particle pollution) and they only can engage in line of sight so at best they can be considered point defense unless some day we manage to install them on satellite or airplanes .

Hypersonic missiles are an extension of MAD (mutual assured destruction) China, Russia, US will have their hypersonic missiles equipped with MIRV nuclear warheads. Russia already has an active Hypersonic missile project, was shown off recently.

For conventional use the technology is not cost effective at this stage. But who knows how “cheap” it becomes in say 30-40 years.

Thus for Iran, defending against Hypersonic Glide vehicles are the least of their concern in the next two decades.

Back
Top Bottom