What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Lately officials said there so many radar system yet to unveil, so...!!!

Unfortunately for Iranian military enthusiasts, so much of the strategic systems are hidden from public eye. You are right, the Iranian air defence commander said many systems have not been revealed to the public. This is the norm in places like Iran, Russia et cetra. They will never reveal their entire hand.

IMG_20200523_215905_103.jpg

Seems the system closest to the us (the viewers) in the picture has a more streamlined wing section compared to the other missiles. Clearly there are many versions of this missile. I remember many years ago Gen Hajizadeh said they will develop a 100km and 200km ranged missiles. I wonder if we could end up seeing a "super 3rd of khordad" like system with 200km ranged missiles. The 3rd of Khordad with its mobility and greatly reduced footprint has always impressed me greatly.

Seems the system closest to the us (the viewers) in the picture has a more streamlined wing section compared to the other missiles. Clearly there are many versions of this missile. I remember many years ago Gen Hajizadeh said they will develop a 100km and 200km ranged missiles. I wonder if we could end up seeing a "super 3rd of khordad" like system with 200km ranged missiles. The 3rd of Khordad with its mobility and greatly reduced footprint has always impressed me greatly.

we have Taer 1 , 2 , 2C , 2A , 3A and 3C missiles with 3C having 110 km range

we have Taer 1 , 2 , 2C , 2A , 3A and 3C missiles with 3C having 110 km range

I think the main barrier for having a 200km range missiles on the 3rd of Khordad/RAAD system is the need for a new radar on the TELAR. But it is do able. Just imagine dozens of such a systems with 200km range SAMs scattered all over. Nightmare scenario for any airforce.

I think the main barrier for having a 200km range missiles on the 3rd of Khordad/RAAD system is the need for a new radar on the TELAR. But it is do able. Just imagine dozens of such a systems with 200km range SAMs scattered all over. Nightmare scenario for any airforce.

agreed radar range is the key here, a fully carbon fiber Taer 3C would have have 170-200 km range give it or take

What sort of configuration are the 3rd of Khordads in?

Each battalion appears to be comprised of 4 TELARS each of which are linked to 2 missile launchers. Overall, each battalion is comprised of 12 units with missiles i.e 36 missiles overall (not taking reloading into account).

D9l4e8BU8AEgetl.jpg:large

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom