What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Anechoic chamber is a must for development a phase array with digital multi-beam forming, variable waveforming, agile beam testing, data-link communication beams, LPI modes, maximum gain testing, forming of sub arrays and more. (To use these fancy western PR wordings)
The original Najm 802 AESA introduced these capabilities to Iran and now this can be up and down scaled.

Anechoic chamber is a must for development a phase array with digital multi-beam forming, variable waveforming, agile beam testing, data-link communication beams, LPI modes, maximum gain testing, forming of sub arrays and more. (To use these fancy western PR wordings)
The original Najm 802 AESA introduced these capabilities to Iran and now this can be up and down scaled.
Dadash, how do you know all this stuff :D You're like a PhD holder in missile and radar technology? :lol:

Some questions
What do you think of the Russian s-350 system? How do our medium range systems compare to it?

Also, regarding Bavar 373, the TEL they showed only has two launchers per truck. What do you think of these lower number of missiles/launchers in systems like Bavar and 3rd of khordad compared with comparable foreign systems?

I think they will not officially unveil Bavar 373 until they mass produce it at quantities that will be enough to entirely cover not only Iranian but also Syrian airspace

They would not take such a strategic and new system to Syria. But I agree that they will not officially reveal it until it has been in service for a year or two. I bet it has already been in service for at least a year. We will probably see it unveiled it this year.

Given how badass these others air defences we have are, I can't wait to see bavar-373. Given the size of it's launch canisters, I think the range of its missile will be 250-300km? They're huge! @PeeD

Dadash, how do you know all this stuff :D You're like a PhD holder in missile and radar technology? :lol:

Some questions
What do you think of the Russian s-350 system? How do our medium range systems compare to it?

Also, regarding Bavar 373, the TEL they showed only has two launchers per truck. What do you think of these lower number of missiles/launchers in systems like Bavar and 3rd of khordad compared with comparable foreign systems?

Study, analyse and deduce open source information and google earth for long enough, plus some industry-academic background and such conclusions are simple.

The S-350 is good and in line with Russian doctrine. For Iranian doctrine it has a little to big footprint. Its missile maneuverability and ABM capability is impressive and ECM robustness too.

Bavar-373 has no footprint limitation, its full missile load is at least 4.

He is talking about back in the 80's when Iran tried to buy 7 radars from them. They said due to sanctions, we can't deliver them to you directly, so we'd have to go through a middleman nation, despite Iran agreeing, they kept changing their requirements again and again until in the end, the systems were never delivered.

These historical facts should remind everyone, Iran can never rely on anyone else for it's military.
So, how does Iran possess all kinds of the State-of-the-Art Russian, Chinese, and Belarusian radars in its AD inventory if nobody sells them to Iran? In all honesty, no one should ever overlook and underrate the help and support Iran has received from its strategic allies in the last 4 decades. The same way members of this forum ridicule Weastern propaganda in underrating Iranian military achievements, they should condemn the lies Iranian officials tell to people through state media. Getting help from others is not a shame, and is understandable for normal people. What is wrong with it?

Bavar-373 prototypes have been deployed for a while now. (+— 2 yrs)

Iran is likely testing the prototypes in active deployment to make fine tune changes in preparation for a mass production model.

I would expect Iran to announce beginning of mass production by 2022 or as early as next year.

So, how does Iran possess all kinds of the State-of-the-Art Russian, Chinese, and Belarusian radars in its AD inventory if nobody sells them to Iran? In all honesty, no one should ever overlook and underrate the help and support Iran has received from its strategic allies in the last 4 decades. The same way members of this forum ridicule Weastern propaganda in underrating Iranian military achievements, they should condemn the lies Iranian officials tell to people through state media. Getting help from others is not a shame, and is understandable for normal people. What is wrong with it?

Same way NK went from a decade of failed Topedong 2 missiles and failure after failure of long range missile launches to 2 different versions of ICBMs in less than a few years.

Somebody somewhere supplies the needed “push” in technology.

The NK jump is the most shocking jump I have ever seen by a nation in Missile engine technology in the modern era. Strangely the MSM doesn’t bring this up at all, which is baffling.

Interesting, if Ghadir radars looks like as some variant of Russian Rezonanas-N, this radar looks like same variant of Russian Rezonanas-N that was in last years installed in Russian Arctica etc.
Iran
9.jpg

Russia
rezonans-n.jpg

In all honesty, no one should ever overlook and underrate the help and support Iran has received from its strategic allies in the last 4 decades. The same way members of this forum ridicule Weastern propaganda in underrating Iranian military achievements, they should condemn the lies Iranian officials tell to people through state media. Getting help from others is not a shame, and is understandable for normal people. What is wrong with it?

To think these Iranian achievements in air defence is due to outside help shows little understanding in my opinion. Iran has an extremely capable electronic engineering brain base, give these guys the opportunity and they will produce whatever you want. It is Iranian ingenuity that has led to these achievements, just like in our ballistic missile program. To think that these outsiders, that would not even live up to their contractual obligation (e.g s-300) would be actively helping Iran in attaining such strategic system is frankly silly. Why would they? Maybe there was some collaboration here and there but don't get carried away.

Interesting, if Ghadir radars looks like as some variant of Russian Rezonanas-N, this radar looks like same variant of Russian Rezonanas-N that was in last years installed in Russian Arctica etc.
Iran
View attachment 566542
Russia
View attachment 566544

They definitely have a highly similar antenna layout. Whatever technology these radars use, they must be quite potent given even Russia is fielding them.

Last edited:
Iran
View attachment 566542
Russia
View attachment 566544

That's the Ghadir (probably Ghadir-2), the beast that tracked the RQ-4 and made its RAM/RAS and shaping useless.
This is a photo of explicitly that site which did the long range tracking of the RQ-4.
The first time Iran showed it and 1-2 days after the kill.
It is a main asset against B2-F-22-F-35.

One of the strategic radar assets among others like Nazir, Keyhan, Sepehr and OTHR projects of IRGC and IRIADF.

They definitely have a highly similar antenna layout. Whatever technology these radars use, they must be quite potent given even Russia is fielding them.

It's very high frequency counter-stealth early warning phased-array radar that acc to official Russian info designed to effectively detect a wide range targets, including low-observable cruise and ballistic missiles, hypersonic aerial vehicles, as well as stealthy ones, in severe electronic countermeasures (ECM) and clutter environment on very big distance.
There couple years ago a representative of the Russian manufacturer of these systems mentioned in one interveiw that their Rezonans radars successfully operated by Russia, Iran and Algeria. I originally thought that there was a specially for Iran was made export variant that known as Ghadir. However it seems that Iran now also have same variant that Russia itself. Looks like there was a full tech transfer from Russia to Iran in last decade.

What "state of the art" Chinese and Belarusian (lol what?) radars are you talking about? At least post evidence and sources if you want to have a proper discussion.
Only Chinese radar Iran has was some old radar it got decades ago.

How amazing is your reply even after what Navigator has posted! So, all these Nebo, Kasta, Vostok, Resonans, YJ-11, etc. we see on media are supplied from other planets!
As I mentioned earlier, getting technical help from other countries is not a shame, and is of course logical and understandable for normal people and experts.
Again, I don’t understand what is wrong with it? A foundation built upon lies will collapse sooner, or later! So, it is better to stay honest and logical by appreciating the help and support Iran has received from external sources; while praising its resulted domestic achievements and advancements.

Last edited:
How amazing is your reply even after what Navigator has posted! So, all these Nebo, Kasta, Vostok, Resonans, YJ-11, etc. we see on media are supplied from other planets!

What's amazing about my reply? I never denied that Iran imported some Russian radars and technology in the past. That's not a secret! Bro, we had to start from somewhere!

As I mentioned earlier, getting technical help from other countries is not a shame, and is of course logical and understandable for normal people and experts.
Again, I don’t understand what is wrong with it? A foundation built upon lies will collapse sooner, or later! So, it is better to stay honest and logical by appreciating the help and support Iran has received from external sources; while praising its resulted domestic achievements and advancements.

I am not saying it is a problem! What I am saying is, lets not fall into these traps to think all these great achievements we're seeing is purely because of outside help! I am mean look at all these AESA radars we're seeing. Did Iran start from 0 by itself? of course not. But these systems today are being made inside by the likes of SAIRAN. We have learned enough to move by ourself now. Of course if Russians can give us a boost in technology, I am more than happy with that! we'll be fools to reject it. But what's important is our own indigenous industry goes ahead without waiting around for TOT etc. I am sure we're both in agreement here anyway.

Back
Top Bottom